• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.
Airspace above festival, near vehicle showcase

A sonic boom shook windows in their frames as a seemingly unmodified aircar roared overhead, before pulling a maneuver that defied all of the safety limiters on the vehicle and should have torn the nose canards off.

Flipping nose up at just a hair over the sound barrier, the vehicle pulled a hard immelman turn over the race vehicle staging area and two aftermarket plasma rotor engines in the tail burned hard, decelerating the car to nearly zero in only a few hundred feet and throwing its shockwave across the lot. As the vehicle flipped over and lowered itself, one could see the Section 6 emblem emblazoned on the underside, complimented by a white disk encircled in grey. A grey stag supporting a purple and green banner sat within the circle, but quickly became invisible as the aircar's landing skids deployed and the gull wing doors opened. The engines were off, though inertia kepr the rotors spinning with a high whine for some time.

Inside sat two women. The first's black hair was rumpled by the maneuver and she stepped out hastily. The other blinked slowly, taking a deep breath as she leaned forward and draped across the steering wheel as she began to laugh. "It worked! It really worked!"

"Fucking Hell, Rose! i told you not to do that to me again! And then you went supersonic in low altitude and then pulled that stunt?! What is wrong with you?!" Sarah's fury was clearly directed at her laughing wife, even though she had to admit it had been fun to go through supersonic maneuvers made possible only by redlining the antigravity motors and using them as an inertial damper.

Rose suddenly leet out a grunt of discomfort as her very pregnant midsection bulged for a moment. "Baby kicked."

"Damn right! That stunt put all three of us at risk!"

"Sarah, I'm sorry. I got carried away when Jack said I could drive here. I won't let it happen again." Rose struggled for a moment to get out of her seat, before crossing around to draw her wife into a loving hug. "I love you, and I would never put you or our son in harm's way. You know that."

"Yeah... Just..." Sarah Ironhart-Pine stiffened for a moment before relaxing. And then playfully punching her brunette better half's shoulder, "Don't scare me like that! Your Geist talent's bad enough, but that you can literally press pause on your personality and become a control computer is scary! Especially when I can feel it happen!"

The hypnotic induction Rose had carried with her through two Soul Transfers had been a long standing annoyance, especially when the two had set up a low level neural connection to talk telepathically or share sensations when it was appropriate. Sarah was, after all, the thing that usually brought Rose back from her complete lockdown.

"I'll try. I can't say I'll never dive again, but I'll try. Love, we're drawing a crowd."

"Okay. We'll talk on the way home. With you conscious and not going eleven times the speed limit."

"Fair." Rose nodded firmly before kissing her wife.

Last edited:
In his full Osman Military Uniform, Kyro enters the next room, still in full gear. He has a IBR slung over his back, with a Fatboy on his right hip and a Modified Broadsword on his left. Kyro stands tall as he walks around like he's in a formal meeting. With a cold emotionless expression on his face, he doesn't seem to fit in with the environment.

As he walks around, he doesn't seem to be going anywhere but in random directs as if he's lost or confused.

frank would get his airship ready for the upcoming race using a "borrowed "and modified fighter craft from the hammer for the race. after checking over everything and removing flight assist and auto pilot from it he decided to video call Nora.

"hi love wish me luck on the air race sorry I didn't tell you ahead of time, also let jack know ill return his fighter after the race"

Airspace above festival

Alex had been invited to the festival to participate in some type of contest. However he had not been told the nature of it by the man who contacted him. When he arrived, he was met by a man with a handlebar mustache who instructed him to leave his Unicorn custom where it was and follow him to an exhibition grounds.

When he arrived, Alex was shown to a stock U-1 in mecha form.

Suddenly the man brought a loudspeaker up to his mouth and shouted nearly in Alex's ear.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, GATHER 'ROUND!" A crowd soon gathered near the man as he began to speak, "I PRESENT TO YOU THE MOST RENOWNED MECHA PILOT KNOWN TO THE KIKYO SECTOR!" The crowd was puzzled. "TO ANYONE WHO CAN BEAT HIM IN A COMPETITION OF SKILL THERE IS A 10,000 ARKMARK PRIZE!". The crowd now began to cheer.

"IS THERE ANYONE WILLING TO TAKE HIM ON?!?"

Alex hadn't been consulted beforehand, but everyone here seemed so happy, and he'd hate to spoil their fun.

VIP

"Well this got confusing..." Hoshi murmured to Asuka as she let go of the red-headed Nekovalkyrja and she moved towards the cockatoo-looking mechanic and the Chlorate with her. "You're a cutie, but you're not my cutie, are you?" She side-eyed the kimono-clad Chlorate and only broke eye contact to wink.

Desert

Clad in a orbital reentry carapace sans the helmet, the black haired beauty began laughing excitedly once more as the buggie revved and she took off in the direction of the winding mountain pass that Gravity had spearheaded towards.

Kyro eventually finds an empty table and sits down. He leans forward and covered is face. He mutters to himself, “I don’t understand these social events... even with his majesty they at least talked about things of importance. Not a bloody celebration.”

VIP Area
Chlorate (S6)
"Ummm..." the non-kimono-wearing Chlorate said, confused. "I do not think so?" She looked around, uncertain of what Hoshi was referring to.

Chlorate (Kaiyo II)
Chlorate stared at Hoshi, unsure of what the wink meant. She became increasingly concerned that this could be some kind of newer model Chlorate brought here to replace her.

Kikios (Kaiyo II)
"Now how did this happen?" Kiki pondered aloud, scratching her chin.

Overhearing the vehicles outside. Kyro’s interest was peaked. He got up and downstairs. When he reached the ground floor he headed out to go see what was going on outside. Kyro then headed off to the stage.

On the way there he would keep his composure and look around at everyone in formal clothing. Upon arrival he would spot two women arguing with each other. Being confused as to why one of them is pregnant, when they seem to be in a real relationship. He stops and watches them argue, trying to understand what the issue is. Though, he thinks it has to deal with one of them being pregnant.

Last edited:
Mark(Kaiyo II)
"Excuse me hoshi, I'm going to go do something."
Mark took a short trip to the challenge area, "I will accept that challenge." He says raising his left hand.

Mark(S6)
Mark was kinda confused and a little disappointed, so he chased. He hit the thrust at full burn and spewed sand as he tore after the buggy. It wouldn't be hard to catch up.

"I can take him!" Rose jumped up and started to clamber ontonthe roof of her car, only to be yanked back my her belt and find herself looking into Sarah's eyes.

Their piercing blue was hardened by annoyance with Rose's adrenaline chasing ways. "Didn't I tell you to hold off on taking risks this far along? You have another month left!"

"It looks like a simple--"

"No! You can't fight your way out of a wet paper sack, let alone take the best mecha pilot in the Skyguard at his own game. And you're not even at a hundred percent to begin with!"

"Sarah, c'mon!" Rose started to whine, but her wife cut her off again.

"You can't even see your toes and fell flat on your ass trying to jump grav bands in your lab yesterday. You're also somehow sleeping every night, as opposed to your normal two days up and a half night's sleep. I need you. I can't keep up with three already here, I can't lose you again, and I can't lose him. Don't even think about getting in a mech."

Rose thought for a moment before admitting that Sarah was right. "Fine. I'm bored of having to be resting, though! I want to move and run and void warranties, though!"

"You do that plenty at the house. If your daughters take after you, I don't think we'll be able to have anything nice."

"I can't be that bad..."

"Kenna figured out the childproof lock on her bottle." Sarah's tone flattened, her face giving that flat, "you know I'm right" look.

"Okay, then!" somehow, their green eyed daughter opening child proof locks on feeding bottles didn't surprise Rose nearly as much as she thought it would. "That 'splains."

Standing there just more puzzled Kyro just stared confused. Though he keeps his expressions blank and whispers to himself, “Shouting at each other in public. Not the beast place for family quarrels, if you ask me.” Kyro hesitatingly walked up to them. He held his hands behind his back and stood there looking at the two of them. “Such quarrels held on a day of celebration? I would have assumed people would have put aside differences for a day such as this.”

Kyro then sighed and said, “Though, I do not understand this event at all. It is strange to be back here...” He seemed to not look comfortable and looked like he was forcing himself to look presentable.

The Challenge Area.

The man with the handlebar mustache beckoned Mark over to the area where Alex was standing, and then took Mark's arm and raised it above the young man's head. "Ah! A challenger folks! I'm sure that this man will give us a good show, right?" The man looked expectantly at Mark while the crowd gave a low cheer. He held the loudspeaker up to Mark for him to reply to his question.

VIP Section

Alastair was not one to miss a good time and after the last mission this was a good time to get out and enjoy something new. He was impressed with the turn out at this event. It was amazing the amount of people that showed up. He looked around and was happy to see many of the crew decided to join the fun.

He popped up a screen on his wrist and typed a few things. While he was off duty he felt the urge to check on reports coming from the ship. He hoped to be able to chat up with old friends.

frank raised his hand "hey I'm up for challenging him as well" he said standing next to the barrowed U1 craft of his. frank wore a black sleavless tank top as fore pants he wore dark grey cargo shorts with chains in a criss cross patern on the back of them the legs tucked neatly into his combat boots

"I bet ill smoke him in the race too"

Desert

Seeing that the shosa was unharmed or at least enough to keep racing sent a jolt of relief through his system, but now he had some ground to make up. The minkan hovered a few inches above the ground before he soared back to his bike and kicked the stand up, he maxed out the throttle and shot off with a wheelie that kicked up another cloud of sand.

Wyatt had a distance to close, and he was catching up at least, but for the moment he was lagging behind a tiny bit on his dirt bike. Whatever strange machination the Shosa had been wearing appeared to be built by a tank so Wyatt felt that the vehicle would come off worse for wear in an accident.

Mark(kaiyo II)
"He is a worthy opponent, I should know. I served under him once. So to you warden, let us see just how far we have come. Thank you for this opportunity.", Mark said into the loudspeaker.

He dropped his coat to reveal hit chitin plated right arm, his claw like hand flexing. He pulls the eyepatch of his left eye, revealing pitch black schelera with a crimson reptilian slit at its center.

Sera
"OOF!", sera exclaimed as she was struck, "If your not careful Adria, you might hurt yourself."

Nora
"I believe grandfather is very pleased, and is happy to ensure everyone enjoys the festivities safely. I know my boyfriend certainly is enjoying himself.", Nora said with a smile after Jax spoke to her.

Sarah
"That's common of married couples, especially with a wife as stubborn as mine. Then again, where am I to talk, I'm almost as pigheaded. So what brings you here today mister Kyro?", Sarah said addressing the approaching man.

Kyro, confused as he never gave his name continued, “I was unfortunately brought back here because of Uso’s ambitions. I am to be working with her on a project that will take a while to complete.” He then looks around for a second and then said, “This place has changed so much in the past few years I’ve been gone. I pray that some of my fellow soldiers survived. Though, I do not wish to meet them.” His voice is very strict and monotone, it seemed to be forced and projected out.

Sindy
As Sindy rolled down the street in her wheel chair, wearing a formal black cotton dress. She would make her way over to the Challenge Arena to see who was going against who. Upon arrival she spotted Mark and Alex and would sit there watching as they called each other out. With a smirk on her face she says, “I think it’s going to be a bloody one.”

Streets
Adria
"I am careful!" Adria protested. "And I'm not easily hurt either!" Her long tail angrily thrashed on the sidewalk, before she scolded Adilis again. "Get up!" She pushed him with one of her feet.

Adilis
Adilis whimpered, curling up into a winged ball instead, frightened by his sister. This of course only made her more annoyed.

"Yes, but you love me." Rose stuck her tongue out playfully.

Before her love could admonish the childish actions, she cocked her head at Kyro. "If you're talking about the Pre-USO military force that was here, yeah, many of our Section 6 and Saber forces are pulled from native military groups, including the occasional raider. I think about half of one of our elite teams is native to 1886."

Kyro sighed, though it was difficult to tell if it was out of frustration or relief. He looked to Rose and said, “Then I would assume that old habits die hard. Once a soldier, always a soldier. Though, I was given a more, strict training regiment due to my family’s history.” Kyro then rest his left hand on the hilt of his sword and looked around. “What are those things? I’m still trying to get use to understanding all of the new technologies. I’m sure Lora would be interested in them though.”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back