• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: United Outer Colonies [UCS Vanguard, Former Asuka peeps] Mission to Mitsuya

Status
Not open for further replies.
"First... Well that's exactly it, I don't know why." Noboru said, absently rubbing the marks around his eyes from the goggles. The ocular guards often created big red rings around his eyes, and they grew quite annoying after awhile.

"Secondly, you showed up later than the rest of us. Me, Lolion, Roken, Miyako and Mist were the first five recruits aboard the Vanguard. When they showed up, the Commodore wrapped Miyako up in this huge-ass bear hug and kissed her. Mist hasn't looked right ever since." Noboru grimaced.

"I only noticed because I picked a bad time to look up." Then he turned to Lolion.

"Thanks. It's a long story and I'd rather not bore you with the details right now. Maybe another time."

Mist arrived in the medbay in a fairly good mood. The talk with Miyako seemed to cheer her up quite a bit, and now the medic was ready to commit to her duty!

However, the medbay seemed to be almost abandoned, save for the occasional sprite wandering here and there. The former sprite decided to busy herself on catching up with any new medical practices that may have been made in the past few weeks.

"Well from what I could gather I would assume Mist has taken a liking to Miyako, however aside form cheering her up a bit if she remains depressed i say we shouldn't look into it to much." Lolion said knowing that people normally don't like people intruding onto personal matters. "Either way I want to find out what well be working with for the UOC. That and start training in them again, I feel like I'm starting to get a bit rusty from all this lounging around we've been doing lately."

"I noticed that Mist and Miyako were, 'together', but maybe not. You think Miyako was just playing around?" Keiei shrugged. "Not that it's really our business, but hey." He closed his eyes and tilted his head back before speaking again. "I understand how you feel. I'm keeping in physical shape with the stuff I bought before, but I haven't had a chance to train with weapons or anything for quite some time. You want to ask for permission to run a drill later?"

"Yeah a drill would be awesome to get used to the equipment again." Lolion said with an eager look in his eyes. "You in Noboru?"

As everyone conversed, Miyako's voice chimed around the ship. "Attention all hands. This is your XO. Make ready to get underway. Welcome aboard the UCS Vanguard." She had arrived at the bridge, and stood next to Kogayane at her command chair. "A message came in for us a few minutes ago from the assembly hall, which I will play now."

Mochizuki Ayumi said:
"Hello, crew of the Vanguard and attached vessel! I'm Mochizuki Ayumi, Representative of the system you're about to explore. I thought I would let you all know everyone from this office, including myself appreciates your hard work, and wishes you the best of luck in trying to make the system more of a home. I hope to be able to meet some of you if time warrants, or at least pass on along something to convey our thanks.

Good luck out there!"

Miyako shut off the recording they had received, and added one more note to the crew. "That ends her message. Everyone stay sharp, you never know what we'll find out there." She looked to Yumiko, and smiled. "Ready."

"Hai." Kichiro nodded. It was a bit of an interesting position he found himself in now, as despite having only completed first aid and a few additional courses at the branch of the War College before the split, he was now the medical officer of the new vessel. He was unsure if he could do it, but figured it was time he earned the trust being placed on him.

Besides, all he'd have to do is make sure the medbay is running full tilt and handle his fair share of patients. Kichiro glanced back at Yuki, with a slightly sequestered smile. "Well... looks like I'm going to be the ship's medical officer. Well... for now, I guess."

Yumiko seated herself in the CO's seat on the bridge, and smiled at Miyako before issuing the order.

"Initiate takeoff, follow standard atmospheric departure vectors. Then cruising speed to Mitsuya."

"Hell yeah I'm in Lolion. It's another chance for me to show your ass up." Noboru said, punctuating the sentence with a bout of restrained laughter. When he heard the message on the PA system, however, he made an addition to that sentence.

"Looks like we'll have to cut it short though, looks like we're leaving."

The Vanguard's clearance came through after Miyako started their sequence. "All clear, we have lifted off and are proceeding through the atmosphere." Inside the ship it was simple to feel that they were rising, though how fast they were compared to what it felt like was a great difference.

"All vectors are unobstructed. Detached vessel is green on course...atmosphere....cleared." She was using her mind to control the ship, so she could stand next to Yumiko while the officer oversaw her mission. As the Ionoche slipped into orbit, it wasn't long after until they were speeding towards the edge of the system to make the jump for Mitsuya. "We're on our way, Yumi-..err..Commodore."

Yuki smiled shyly up at Kichiro. "Ano, sugoi Kichiro-san, congratulations. I'm sure you'll do a great job," she encouraged to her lover, hugging his arm again.

She mentally reviewed her rank, now that Kichi was an officer. She was merely a petty officer. It didn't really matter anyway, as long as she stayed with the one she loved.

"Good. Miyako? You'll be heading the team in charge of exploring the first planet of the system. You know more about your crew than I do, so I leave picking the team to you. It's a planet with lots of seismic and volcanic activity, but you will be fine in Power Armor."

Yumiko said, smiling at her XO.

Kichiro chuckled quietly. "You haven't forgotten, ne? Just because I'm a rank or two higher doesn't mean you have to treat me any different. And really... where I am now, it only means that you have to listen to what I saw. And that would be it." The medical officer said cheerfully, patting the former Neko on the back. He'd considered the head instead, but it might have seemed a slightly patronizing move.

Kichiro waved to Mist as the two entered the medbay. "Oi, Mist-chan. How's everything?"

"Yeah seems we just left on our first mission on this ship." Lolion said looking at the change of scenery at the bay doors. "The sparing will have to wait till later but now i think we should find out what our first task on this mission will be and to prepare for it if its soon enough." Lolion said

"Neh? I haven't forgotten...." Yuki looked at Kichiro curiously. It was almost as if he read her mind. "I was just saying congratulations." She smiled again and nuzzled against Kichiro's arm as she was patted. As long as things didn't follow the trend of change that had been happening as of late, she would be fine with whatever happened.

"Ano, ohaiyo Mist-san," the caretaker said to the former sprite, following her lover's lead.

Mist had just finished straitening up a few things when the two lovebirds entered the medbay. "Oh.. hi, Kichi-kun and Yuki-chan!" she said with a happy grin. "I'm glad that you two managed to make it aboard!" The former sprite thought about teasing them about the way they looked together... but she decided not to.

Hm... with a new body should come new things, she told herself before contacting Yuki's mind, Yuki-chan.. I'm sorry for all of the mean and hurtful things that I have said in the past. I am truly happy for you and Kichi-kun! Will you forgive me? Her constant grin didn't give away what she had just said telepathically, but her eyes seemed to try to transmit a knowing and caring message.

"Hey, all I need is a gun and some distance and I'm perfectly fine, Lolion-san." Noboru said nonchalantly, twirling a spanner between his fingers and swinging it around idly, like a club.

Denkou, who had already begun stretching out, was disappointed at the new turn of events, but would get over it eventually. "Well, then we have a team already. I myself prefer close confines close-combat if I can choose, so the two of us should combine well."

Roken had spend most of the voyage in engineering, checking systems here and there keeping himself occupied until he was needed elsewhere on the ship, I wonder what the others are up to now Roken thought to himself.

Most of the work was easy and so far they have not run into anything serious so Roken decided he would use his extra time to walk the ship and maybe say hello to a few of his old crewmates.

"Well I excel at range combat particularly sniping though i do ok at closer ranges as well, so i guess you could say I'm the jack of all trades when it comes to warfare." Lolion chuckled a little bit even though it wasn't really a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back