Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: United Outer Colonies [UCS Vanguard, Former Asuka peeps] Mission to Mitsuya

Status
Not open for further replies.
"... Alright, Sub-lieutenant Miyako." Noboru formed up behind the sub-lieutenant and prepared his weapons for combat; thumbing his "glorified tazer" to lethal.

Lolion frowned at the mention that they were exploring a volcanic planet. He had never been on such a planet before or been anywhere near such unstable terra before so it unsettled him a bit. "If I may XO, why are we exploring such an unstable planet?" Lolion asked Miyako in a private message so as the others didn't hear is concerns. "I could understand prospecting for minerals and such but are there any signs of life or other points of interest on the surface?"

Eh, exploring the planet, Yuki repeated in her head what she had overheard. Exploration, couldn't be that bad, could it? She hurried her armor over into position, after getting the planetary loadout, and waited for the word to get going.

Too bad Kichiro-san isn't coming... she thought to herself. At least she would now be forced to be more of that confident person that Kichiro had told her to try to be. She realized she had been a bit clingy.

PM me with forum name, description, moderators

(As I said before, not until we get the new ship.

Lilly, who else are we waiting for before you can all sortie?)

(OOC: Sorry for laggin behind everyone)

Roken just nodded as he mentally prepared himself, putting his faith in his training and the others. "Understood" was all he could say at the moment he wouldn't let them down and he wont be taking any chances on the planet.

Roken has learned that no matter what expect the unexpected and you would live longer, what he was a little worried about was noboru's short temper and after hearing his complaint about his load-out was a bit much, it was not like they were going on a raid. He better not lose it out there.

Wonderful! Mist thought back as she got used to the power armor. After she felt comfortable and ready, the ex-sprite stood next to her commander/lover as she waited for everyone to finish getting ready.

Denkou, having prepared himself, gotten into a PA, and picked out an assault rifle and attached his 'Vial' weapon to the outside of his armor for ready use. He nodded in acknowledgment of Miyako-san's orders, and ran through the final preparations before launch.

(Hehee, was waiting for that.)

"Bridge, bridge. This is Sub-Lieutenant Miyako. Launching." The girl reported.

The clear sounded on the deck of the Vanguard's launch bay. Everyone in the squad received the go order, and their XO's armour shot out into space, first ready to meet up with the team from Minami's ship before pressing on per the mission perimeters.

To Lolion's concern she privately replied, "I'm not going to pass up the chance to climb in the new armours if the Captain wants us to look more closely. Just be careful it appears it is not entirely stable. 'Kay?" When the formation came to Minami's unit, she sent a message to the Vanguard, her squad, and Minami's leader. "Follow insertion course charlie, keep the formation loose and enter at a stagger just like the readout." The exact course to follow would be streaming through to the tenshi in the squad, eliminating possible guess work from one of the more basic power armour skills.

"Wish me luck." Miyako sent to Yumiko, "I'll be back soon. Do you have any final mission perimeters? We're already entering the atmosphere."

"Well to be honest XO, If we didn't have this mission me and the others in the hangar would be sparing with these right now to get used to them so i guess this mission came at the right time." Lolion said as he launched out of the ship towards the planet. He followed his commanders orders as instructed and was in the third position behind Miyako. I'm really starting to like these new power armor suits he said to the squad as the descended through the atmosphere.

Yumiko smiled, as Miyako and the other armors commenced the mission.

"Your sensors map the terrain as you go, and they're already streaming data to us...once you're in the atmosphere, you'll also be scanning the content of the atmosphere in more detail. It's pretty thin though, only sustained by volcanic gases which pump out gas constantly.

Bring back a few rock samples while you're at it, and look out for quakes, unstable terrain, and lava flows."

"Saay, this is pretty cool." Noboru stared at his hands, fixated at the fact that they were practically on fire and he wasn't being burned. The fact that he was also in zero-G freefall was also pretty new to him.

In short, this was a new high.

"So when do we hit the ground?"

Mist stayed close to Miyako. This was her first time out in space in a power armor... The only other time she was in space without being on a starship was when her old home was destroyed. That escape pod had felt like a prison.. but she was able to save one life, at least. To say that she was uneasy right now, after experiencing all of that, would be a major understatement.

Denkou followed the others raising his eyebrows at the sensation of free fall. This is definitely a new feeling, Denkou thought to himself.

Roken followed behind the others, his mind focused on the mission and whatever the XO said.

He couldn't remember his first drop during his service with the S.A.Y. but it did not bother him much and was great full that the P.A.'s Could withstand the high heat levels of the planet.

Launching out with the others Yuki just followed behind, keeping quiet and to herself mostly. She didn't really know any of the others that well, excluding Mist and Miyako of course, and her shyness was still hindering her from really wanting to talk. Besides that, it was more of her duty to stay out of the way, and help when needed. Yes, she was indeed trained to pilot a PA, but it wasn't her main role.

As they descended, they sped through clouds of volcanic ash, and collided with very fine particles of igneous rock. Their armors sparked as they successfully deflected the debris, the pattering of the little granules louder than any rainstorm.

"I didn't see any training requests, better to be on a real mission." Miyako told Lolion then cut the line to focus on the mission.

"Well, this is one to add to the training simulations then." The XO told the team, after replying to Yumiko with an affirmative. "We'll hit the deck soon." A timer blipped up giving an estimate in everyone's suit, based on their current rate of descent and how far they had to reach the planet's surface. "Do not, do not touch down though unless I ask you to take a sample. So far we have the indication this is a very tectonically erratic planet. Very few people ever get to see something like this, stay alert and enjoy." Miyako told them, then evened out when they were 20 meters off the surface of the planet.

The Sub-Lieutenant was already searching for some spots that seemed steady to start gathering rock samples.

Noboru was perfectly content to loll about in the sky while airborne, occasionally wiping off some of the residue on his armor and taking an analysis of it. All igneous, go figure. Noboru was fine with that.

"So we're landing in-" Thud. Noboru was the first one down, landing on a (luckily) solid piece of ground. "Mrfff..." The recruit pushed himself to his feet, proceeding to hover off the ground as he was instructed by the Sub-lieutenant.

"Alright, Akio Noboru here. I'm secure on the ground."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back