• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: United Outer Colonies [UCS Vanguard, Former Asuka peeps] Mission to Mitsuya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's HUD instantly flashed new orders, and Miyako's armour raised into the atmosphere another ten meters before she tried to get a lock on Minami's location. "Lieutenant! Where are you?" The officer keyed up her sensors, then slaved everyone's together to try and enhance their chances of locating the other team if they were indeed buried.

"This has just changed to a rescue operation-Vanguard, can you locate the other team or give me a rough location of their last whereabouts. She had a general direction, and was leading the team that way but reconfirmation from Yumiko couldn't hurt. "Did you pick up Minami's distress call? Please standby medlab, we'll need them ready to pick up injured from the bay."

Denkou instantly shifted directions, rolling in that direction then leveling out. He kicked all available power into the sensors, and let Miyako take over his sensors. He then re-checked his weapons, reassuring himself of his readiness for combat if there was foul play involved.

"We detect them at the southern continent...it seems they were on the surface when a major collapse of a mountain occurred...we're detecting them 150 meters underground, in some sort of cave system."

Yumiko responded...

Lolion's worst fears were realized. Lolion was in the air with the rest of the team as the sped to the last known location. "XO, I have a few grenades if we need to blast debris out of the way, but from the sounds of it were probably just going to be digging especially with how unstable the terrain is... however the option is there if you decide to." Lolion said helping trying to help his commander.

"Hell, I'll dig through with my hands if I have to!" Noboru said, boosting ahead of the group and following a waypoint towards the continent.

Roken followed the others as they moved to the distress signal, "do we know how many are buried." He hoped they could get there in time to rescue them but they seemed ill equipped for digging.

"...oh is the Vanguard providing us with any equipment to help us in the rescue." Digging by hand is a bit much seeing how they are on volcanic planet, he did not want to test how much the P.A. could handle on this planet.

Yuki once more followed the others. It just got exciting, but hopefully not deadly, as would be the case if it were the worst case scenario. One has to wonder, why they hadn't been floating above the surface, thusly avoiding the fall accompanied by the collapse, similiar to what Miyako had ordered earlier.

The caretaker spoke up, sending the message to Sub-Lieutenant. "Eh, erm... Sub-Lieutenant Kotonoha... uh... besides digging, would it be possible to find a cave entrance? I mean... er... all caves should have at least one entrance, right? If the entrance wasn't within the collapsed area, it could work...." Yuki regretted speaking. As she kept saying more, it kept sounding less and less plausible.

"Risking bringing the surface down on top of them is not something I'm prepared to do. "WEAPONS HOLD" Flashed in everyone's armour, Noboru's formation notifier flashed at him as well, beeping in the most annoying way possible for him to fall back in. "We've reached the site, do not land on the surface, scan for entrances first, then report. Bringing more equipment here for now is just a liability." The formation stopped and the officer gave the free note, at least for those orders.

If she didn't keep an eye on everyone they could be the next victims. "Remember, we won't help them by getting into trouble too. Commodore please inform medbay to be prepared when we find them."

I'm feeling better now, Mist replied back to Yuki as they reformed in the 'V'. Her stomach wasn't as queezy now. She then sent a message to Miyako, Hai.. Miyako... How many do you think are still alive? The Jiyuuian scanned the surface for any such cave entrances.

Noboru reluctantly moved his PA back into formation, and started the skan.

"Sub-lieutenant Miyako, doesn't aether melt rocks?" The recruit asked suddenly.

Lolion stayed in formation awaiting his next order. He scanned for entrances to a cave if there was one though the slide would more than likely have covered it.

They spotted a cave...but it had been sealed by collapsing debris. Tremors still rocked the site, as cracks and crashes were heard...the place was collapsing in on their comrades...

Lolion spotted the cave and noted that it had been covered by the debris. "I think I've found the cave" Lolion said over the com to the squad. "Someone needs to keep an eye out for falling debris while we try and clear the entrance to get in." Lolion said as he dropped down still in the air, but a few feet off the ground to look at the cave. He looked at Miyako weighing his actions. "Fuck it" he said to himself and he landed and started shifting the debris. As he was shifting the debris he sent a message to Miyako. "I'm sorry for not waiting for your orders to start digging and you can punish me how you see fit later." Lolion said shift quite a huge bit of rock at the last part.

"You just volunteered to stay out and watch, get your unit out of there Reglo." Miyako snapped, he'd waited about two seconds from her being notified of the entrance, and she wasn't taking to his lack of discipline well. He was going to hurt more people than he saved at that rate. Flipping her armour over into a dive she sped towards the blockage, and brought her all her systems online, using a quick calculation based on their data between her armour and the Vanguard to dial her energy output on the on her weapons to the maximum power she could break through the crust with if they needed to later without causing a major cave in. Her intent was to blow a hole through the upper crust if they had to later, but first she had one of the Tenshi' systems to try out.

That..won't work. I'll explain later She told Noboru.

A warning quickly blared in Lolion's suit that there was incoming weapons fire and he should...well probably move. It was accurate enough for what the Sub Lieutenant was about to do. All the other amours received new orders to assemble around the entrance for a single file line formation. With that she came to the rocks, and tucked her armour into the fetal position, engaging her gravitational dispersion strips in an attempt to buttress the rocks against the unstable cave entrance, but create a hole big enough for the team to move in single file.

Noboru brought out his PA's gun and held it at the "ready" position, shoulders square, standing at the front of what was about to form the line.

That works for me, Sub-lieutenant. He said as his XO closed fast on the wall. He brought his arms up in an 'X' across his face and half-kneeled to deflect any flying debris from impact.

Lolion moved away from the entrance and waited at the end of the line. Blasting anything in these sort of conditions is beyond a risk he would have taken

Roken found a spot as he prepared for the breach, looking over at the others as he prepared to move.

Never thought a P.A. could do something like that. He was hopping that this would work and there XO would not get hurt.

Denkou dropped into formation behind Noboru, not taking up any special position, rather shifting almost all of his shield's strength to the fore and preparing for emergency boosts from his PA if needed to hold position.

The move succeeded, and the general circular hole had the structural support of a double arch to boot...it stayed stable...barely.

"Hello? Hello? My leg's caught..."

Someone could be heard, just inside...

Noboru switched on a small light on the side of his helmet and went through first, chargin' his weapon. (Shoop da woop)

"Hello? Who's stranded and where are you?" He said over the all hands frequency of the communicator in his Tenshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…