• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission VDTF Orbital Defense Star Fortress

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is as good a place as any since the topic is at hand: Don't we consider American English the correct style for consistency of quality?

This is as good a place as any, since the topic is at hand: Don't we consider American English the correct style for consistency of quality?
I can only speak for when I review things.

I don't mind British spellings in the bodies of text. We all know the words. In headers and titles, it should be American spellings so everyone can search for things.

We're not AP.

Reactions: raz
Personally I feel it is a little ostracizing to require American English, only. That's why I'm not going to require it for this submission or any future ones.

It probably wont be that much of a problem. After all our brains tend to auto filter the slightly different spellings anyway. I think as long as the titles are all using the same language for searching purposes then it shouldn't be a problem.

@Ametheliana

What is it you are waiting to be done. I made my comments, I edited the title of the page so people can find it using American English. You didn't make any actual requests, so I don't know what is holding this up other than maybe waiting for Gallants official response so that I can do up the history.

I think Ame was asking for an Up date on how things were going with what you and Gallant are working out, since the conversation just kinda dropped here in channel. Probably assumed it was being discussed in pm? At least that's what I assumed.

Talking to Edto though, he did state that his faction is pouring in a lot more financing into its construction. With the extra man-hours, I think the construction time can be cut down, though I've no idea by how much.

That leaves me with more questions than answers.

I'm going to hold my comments until I've talked to Doshii.

Are the combined community concerns as to how a less-advanced population of 200,000 (according to Arieg, faction page says ~150,000 and Planet Komodo says ~10,000) has the resources to build this massive station—even with whatever unnamed allies they have—going to be addressed? Their new homeworld only has a "decent sized town" as its capital and a secret base "still very much so under construction."

It just seems extraordinarily ambitious on its face, especially for a faction whose basic requirements for civilizational self-sustainability aren't anywhere near to being met yet.

I wouldn't really call them 'less advanced' in terms of this. They were on a space station to start with. So the idea of them building another one isn't farfetched. It's really just a matter of time and energy spent on it. And it looks like the Garts are helping out in some way. But again the only real concern is time to build compared to resources put in, it's not like it's anything particularly advanced. And that was literally the topic of the last couple post, how long will it take to build So it's being addressed.

Certainly not OOSS advanced. It's big, capable of sustaining a large population for rather extended periods of time, using knowledge they already have, as well as the skilled labour of other factions, whomever Khelena is directed towards to have it built. Could be Garts. Could be Nepleslia, could be UOC. IDK yet.

Certainly not OOSS advanced. It's big, capable of sustaining a large population for rather extended periods of time, using knowledge they already have, as well as the skilled labour of other factions, whomever Khelena is directed towards to have it built. Could be Garts. Could be Nepleslia, could be UOC. IDK yet.

You've ICly already started building, though. This should be known by now.

The UOC doesn't even exist or have an FM. Has there been diplomatic RP, much less contact, between the VDTF and the Gartagen Union? Have you RPd a request to the Democratic Imperium for their assistance?

Just seems like this entire submission puts the horse before the cart, as it were. If you haven't even done the legwork with your fellow FMs then it seems like it's impossible to break ground on this station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back