Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

Wes's Waifus

So I've been playing around with the AI-driven website Waifulabs making cute characters on it and I've been recruiting some of them into the Star Army by editing the images.

Here's what I came up with:

download (47).webp

download (63) edited.webp

download - 2019-11-23T224620.063.webp

w22_edited.webp

I also did these ones for @Glein:

1574664377910.webp

1574664392024.webp

1574664406687.webp

index(10).webp

I like this cutie! I tried leaving a little of the white background (as a sort of glow or a sticker) on this one so the edges were more clear against the background. Getting a good cut of the hair versus removing the background is always an issue since they waifulabs generator puts everything against a white background.

@HarperMadi If you generate a waifu you like, I'm happy to give it a shot making it into a SARP character portrait like the one above.

w17.webp
Here's a cook I made tonight from one of the first waifus I ever generated.

Also, here's my attempt to make a male character to balance the gender ratio a little.

Image1.webp

Don't worry, I'm going to find a shirt for him at some point, lol. Here's a gif of his "transition."

Animation2.gif

Here's one of the character from the last post, too.

Animation1.gif

c863198-d863198-p863198.webp

Here's another one where I gave them a haircut and used them for a male character.

index(6).webp

I couldn't help it, I made another technician! Got to keep those engines running!

c727211-d59389-p853525.webp

This girl is just adorable. We saved her from the recycle bin and decided in the chat to replace her disfigured stump arm with a cyborg one.

I thought maybe she can be a little sister to someone in RP or something

"Hey I'm kind of in a combat mission right now little sis."​

"But you promised to take me to the movies!!"​

"Kuvexians don't respect movie showtimes."​

Also here's a cool villain NPC:

download - 2019-12-01T085420.webp

barista girl by wes art generated by waifulabs background purchased by wes from vectortoons.webp

Care for some coffee?

Cook by Wes art generated by waifulabs background image by Piro4D from Pixabay.webp

This SAoY chef girl is making pancakes too.

download - 2019-11-30T151649.webp

Updated this one with a new chef hat and kitchen background.

Image1.webp

Gave this guy a shirt.

download - 2019-11-25T164547.webp

A new technician for the engineer squad!

Here's some notes:
  • You can make character artworks using https://waifulabs.com (images are 400x400px)
  • There's a Chrome Extension that allows you to save/load/transfer color/details/pose with drag and drop to the waifulabs site. Super useful.
  • You can use this site to double the size of your waifu images: https://deepai.org/machine-learning-model/waifu2x
    • Also works on other images
  • The way I add the uniforms is to make a new layer and trace/draw the lines, then add another layer behind the lines for coloring and shading

RPG-D RPGfix
Back