Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP [Yamatai] Hanami Festival & BBQ Cookout of YE 42 - OPEN RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pleased to meet you, Ensign Barná," Hanako told the Nepleslian. "Hanako, Deputy Director of Star Army Personnel," she introduced herself. "The Tokyo is a massive starship, it is like big city, or even a little country, in space. It very different than the cramped little gunships I used to command. I think you will find it has everything you need. Tell me, what is on Nepleslia's mind these days, from what you've seen?"

Kazumi hugged Tachiko in return, then Tio, a beatific smile on her face. She hadn't realized a day off, let alone a national festival could be so relaxing and fun. The youngest of the three looked over her shoulder, and half turned in the direction of the stand. Pointing to it, Kazumi looked back to her elder siblings. "There's a crepe station over there. Selling ice cream-filled crepes." she licked her lips once more in a bid to wring any sweetness that may have escaped her the first time. "It was rather good, perhaps you should take Tachiko there?" Kazumi suggested before looking to the stand where Hanako awaited.

Looking, Kazumi got her first glance at the legendary woman. She hadn't met her in person perse', instead only seeing holos of her or hear her name mentioned on ships and stations alike. A brief query to PANTHEON brought up part of her record (that which hadn't been blacked out.) along with which ships she'd served aboard as well as captained.

"You want her autograph? Is that all?" Kazumi challenged a toothy smile in place. "Why not an autograph, picture and handshake, Niisan?" she rolled one of her hands as she continued, "If this is an opportunity to meet such a distinguished person, I would go all out."

There was one starship's crew that were more than eager to get into the throngs of people and crowds of life.

The YSS Kaiyō II's crew had stepped onto planets in order to invade them, only, since their launch from Central Yamatai towards the Kuvexian Empire so much time ago.

"A year and some months feels like a long time to not be doing so many things. Things I want to do." Taiyou Hoshi spoke to her crew with an excited air as she bounced off of the short barricade that seperated the walkway she stood on from the river below. She held her pink hands behind her denim overalls, holding them tighter than before while speaking to her crew. "I would like to be doing those things, preferably now. I think we will all meet back here by the river under the sakura blossoms towards sunset so that we may see it together. Until then, I hope everyone here enjoys themselves." The captain nodded curtly and did not move momentarily. Body poised, she waited for questions.

Questions there were not and within a dozen seconds after her last words, she had left the vicinity.

The captain had been speaking near the location she had set for later meeting, beside the river. It was actually under some of the same trees that Eden's wedding years ago had taken place. Teien Eden was absent from the group, having found the time to meet her wife at her command within the sector.

Hoshi found her eyes were the most active part of her, despite her clipped pace on her faded sneakers. Be it the steaming, smoking food, smiles, laughter, or the line that wound away from Hanako like a rainbow from a pot of something that cost blood, Hoshi's eyes were ecstatic to see more than the hallways of her ship and all within her hull for the first time in a long time.

Tachiko was delighted that Kazumi accepted her hug. The others were the matriarch's actual children; newly brought into the clan, she'd worried about her acceptance and standing among them, but that hug was one of the last moorings of her doubts giving way like the great Tokyo itself for the first time drifting from its dry dock. "Ooh, we should've hit the stand before we got in line... we'd probably only be a couple places back at most," she lamented, although the subsequent, demure giggle softened her lamentation considerably. She glanced back at the crêpe stand once more, briefly, before mentioning, "I've met her... recently even. She, well, I mean... you know. You probably saw it on SANDRA." Frowning a little with her lower lip tucked behind her front teeth, she became the sole spectator of another foot-shuffling contest as she averted her gaze downward, and away from her two fellow Shōi Kōhosei, Command Special Liaisons, classmates, shipmates, and clan-siblings. She'd been happy to see Hanako, of course, just as she was now, but the momentousness of the occasion complicated her emotions, and they churned in her stomach now that she reflected on her rescue, fully displacing the hunger that had been doing the same.

Unbeknownst to Tachiko, she was neither the only recent Motoyoshi adoptee, nor the only genealogical member of the now-absorbed Takeda tributary present. "I noticed him," Kuroko announced softly to Eidan even as she was still flushed and smirking smugly at the awkward tone of his compliments. That the handsome young man, in such a sharp uniform, so gracelessly deliver his undoubtedly meticulously-rehearsed opening lines was perhaps twice as charming as if he'd been effortlessly suave. The cold, alien mind behind her smirking, grey-eyed countenance appreciated the simultaneous blows that lead to her Pyrrhic victory in this battle: that she'd so rattled him he was so flustered, yet that same flustered awkwardness ensnared her, giving him an opening to the soft underbelly beneath her carapace. It was almost as if she was becoming the teenage girl that now served as the vessel for her consciousness.

"...wait, why did I just think I had a carapace?" Kuroko blinked, inclining her head. The smirk gave way to bemused introspection, and the entire scene faded as she looked inward. She didn't know she wasn't always that teenage Minkan, of course, any more than she knew why she looked so much like the Nekovalkyrja talking to the man who looked so much like Eidan, or why she couldn't help but feeling Hanako and company were people she knew as more than just a famous admiral she'd seen on the news and been taught about in class, and her crew. The distinct and uncomfortable feeling that someone has been keeping something from her had just taken root, writhing and pulsing and sharp-tipped like the tentacles that she sometimes woke from sleep surprised she did not possess.

Last edited:
NSN Ensign
Leventé Barná
17th SBS(Dragons)
YSS Tokyo
[Kyoto]

His hand fell to the side, relaxing slightly," as it stands, the war still goes on, these damn bugs do not seem to understand how to properly die. Despite that fact, we seem to be giving them a proper lesson in such studies." His demeanor seemed to tense slightly before relaxing again." Otherwise, life has not changed, though I've not been home in some time Ma'am. It took quite some time to get here and settled in, though I'll most likely need to contact our supply chain, to get a few items from home, for uniforms and equipment."

Still watching his surroundings, from his conversation, he notices the oddly familiar looking Senti woman, before trailing off for a moment, snapping back to their conversation." I...I wanted to thank you for giving me the opportunity to fight kuvvies as...allies." his tone still slightly unsure as if he was trying to believe his own words. With a crisp salute, Leventé turned heading towards the direction of the curiously large woman.

Last edited:
Indira Vaikar stood in the captain's wake, staring idly about as the rest of the crew began to move towards whatever caught their eye. She wasn't good in social situations. Dreaded them, in fact. The memory of a long, awkward wait at another gathering like this hung heavily on her.

For all her ability to tamp her emotions down and confront the world with cold logic, she just could not get rid of her agoraphobia. Indira brushed some of her white-blue hair out of her face and risked looking up, as if to confirm the source of her panic. The sight of the open sky and the buildings reaching towards it sent shivers down her spine.

'It's okay. Deep breaths. Imagine you're back in the ship, in the lab..'

She closed her eyes against it all, setting the image firmly into her mind. When she opened them, a young Yamataian lad was staring at her in the face.

"Eep!" she shouted, stumbling back. It was all too much; the chemical spike overcoming her control for a moment.

The boy laughed cheerily. "What are you doing? Are you okay?"

"I'm f-fine," she said, sounding more confident than she felt. The ice was returning to her voice. The boy was a good distraction from the empty, endless sky and the crowds. "I've just never been here before. I was taking it all in."

He gave her a quizzical look. Even at his age, he wasn't falling for it. "If you say so."

Taking a few steps closer, the boy spoke in a more conspiratorial tone. "My Mom told me that sometimes, people who live on ships or space stations for most of their lives don't know how to handle being outside. She said that those people should keep themselves occupied and try not to think about it too much. If you see anyone like that, pass it on."

Indira watched the boy with an expression akin to a deer watching an approaching truck.

"Anyways," the boy continued, tilting back onto his heels. "The kebabs near here are really good. Buy me one and I'll show you my favorite stall."

'Where are this boy's parents?' Indira wondered. She didn't have to wonder long - an adult couple nearby was watching their exchange with too much amusement for them to not know what was going on. 'Traitors,' she mentally admonished them.

"Very well," she replied imperiously. "I will allow you to show me to this.. kebab stall. Lead the way."

"Great!" replied the boy with a toothy grin, taking her hand and leading her away.

Last edited:
Midori

She smiled, actually smiled, though it was the tight lipped smile she always gave. The corners of her lips turned up a little, her eyes squinted a little, everything seemed to look as if she were holding back a larger smile yet, it was easy to see in the usually stoned face woman that she was genuinely happy.

"I have been given a new lease on life. My daughter came to see me... Tai. She helped me to see things for what they were." She alluded to what she assumed he already knew she had given her, not wanting to say anything aloud in fear of what might happen. She remembered a bit of what had happened, and it wasn't tough to piece together the rest as she looked around the festival.

"I have come to see Hanako-Taisa, to apologize for my previous behavior to her during ocean day and maybe reconnect with her a little. But I am glad I ran into you as well."

Eri

Eri remained silent, giving a small bow when she had been introduced to the woman but stayed at Kat's side silently. She hadn't been exactly addressed and wouldn't step in, instead simply content to be at her sister's side for the time being.

Datenshi

The counterpart to Reiko, matching in color scheme for skin and hair but the style different, Tenshi wore a pair of tight ripped jeans, that terrible distressed style that one usually overpaid for, tucked into a pair of black boots with the laces loose and undone. A studded leather belt around her waist, a black shirt with a teal blue skinny tie, shirt not tucked in and the top two buttons undone, her tie hung loose around her neck as she walked aside Reiko. She jerked to the side as her arm was grabbed and held onto by Reiko and rolled her eyes a little at the Neko's exuberance.

"Just relax. We can see a bit of everything ok? I guess... I dunno I'm kinda hungry, let's get some food."

Last edited:
Yaichiro was a bit confused, unaware of the fact that this Midori had her mind wiped of the data he last knew her to hold to begin with. What facts could have been clarified to cause this change? Some sort of misunderstanding? Still, it was a favorable change that he was all too happy to accept. Meeting her child in person must have helped. He wanted to ask if Tai had forgiven her, but that could be painful. For now, it was time to enjoy things.

"I'm here to see her as well and I am very happy to have been able to see you in an improved state. You're still more than welcome to communicate with me via VCE, not just if you are in need of support. The years haven't changed the fact that you're family. I'm sure Yuichi would like to hear from you too."

"Hai, Shōi-San!" The Scouts replied, in unison, "The Kikyō Scouts Creed is Shingi, Meiyo, Giri, Teikoku!" Fidelity, Honor, Duty, Empire: a patriotic organization indeed. There was a lull, a small delay, and the apparent leader prompts them by beginning to speak, after which the younger ones fall into the chorus, "The mission of the Kikyō Scouts is to build courage, confidence, and character to prepare the next generation of Yamataians to be the leaders of the future!" It's near-perfectly rehearsed, their crisp delivery and cohesion reminiscent of nothing less than final-phase Star Army trainees about to graduate.

Last edited:
Ensign Barná
Yss Tokyo
17th SBS
Festival grounds
Kyoto

Leventé continued through the crowd, picking more of the conversation out between the woman, and several active sailors from his new ship including his commander. Finally making to the three, snapping quickly to attention with a crisp salute before relaxing. he could not help but realize who it is that she resembled." Pardon me ma'am, I apologize for the interruption. Are you the Atteni by chance?" His question much more blatant than initially intended. The chance that he ran into the one person, the one person who had the most info about his main goal at the festival. The gift, no idea...still what it should be?" Ma'am I have a request of you, if that is who you are." His words lingering in the air for a moment.

Atteni gave a questioning sound, turning and narrowing her eyes to the Nepleslian. "The Atteni is not a ship I am familiar with." her voice was low and soft as she turned further, stooping from her seated position to bring her self level and make eye contact. "I cannot tell you if your request can be made without knowing what it is. So. Why would you seek the counsel of an old lady like me?"

Mikael listens intently as the scouts stated their creed to him. Once they were finished, he nodded to them. "Well looks like someone read my mind. I look forward to reading about your activities scouts. Keep up the motivation and learning." He then gave them a salute. "May Yamatai's future remain a bright one."

NSN Ensign
Leventé Barná
17th SBS(dragons)
Yss Tokyo
Kyoto

is face was slightly flushed with embarrassment, realising his mistake." You are Atteni, Spark- Aliset's grandmother yes?" Still surprised at the sheer size of the tricentennial." I have heard quite a lot about you, and to be direct, I have been curious to meet more Senti. As well as finding a gift of home for Aliset." His words were not minced, though not in a stern tone."I also do hope you are enjoying this festival." There was so much going on, it was almost overwhelming. Still even so, he stood straight, keeping his bearing as he spoke.

"I am quite enjoying the cultures on display, here. Yamataian foodstuffs are lovely, these 'hanami' are beautiful, and I will certainly be here more often. Though the Port Authority can be an annoyance. That said, I trust Aliset iš karo laivo Tokyo is performing well, and adjusting. Are you one of her mates, then? She is rather talkative for our kind." Atteni's cool demeanor seemed to immediately warm, disinterested in the collection of higher ranking officers as she leaned further forward, craning downward to check him over. Finding the half moon shaped discoloration on his neck, she grinned, as though that confirmed it. "You are! She has marked you! It was so difficult for her to find someone who thought her beautiful, we thought we would have to send her home to Shurista to live out her days. I am happy for her."

She leaned back, laughing heartily as she clapped her hands together with a gunshot like crack. "Now. You want to find her a gift, yes? Tell me, what is she to you?"

Kazumi couldn't help but reach out and place a hand atop Tachiko's head. The younger of the two gave the top of the older Neko's head a little rub, only ruffling her hair up a little. Nothing a quick patting down couldn't cure. But it had felt right to reach up and do that. "That is over and done with. You're up and about now. Perhaps it may take some time to fully acclimate to things being somewhat different, but I have faith you're well on your way. You're family now, and we will support you as much as we can." the last she said with a soft smile before nudging Tio in the ribs for a moment.

Looking over her shoulder, she frowned somewhat. "I do believe I may have skipped in line to speak to you two. So I should probably find a place at the back of the line?" she questioned and suggested to herself.

NSN Ensign
Leventé Barná
Yss Tokyo
17th SBS (dragons)
Kyoto
Festival grounds

Leventé looked with wide eyes, to his commanding officer, then back to Atteni. With a deep sigh and a slight wince at the loud crack that was her clap. His demeanor changed relaxing a bit more." Yes Atteni I am her mate as you would say, I protect her during and outside of missions. We are lovers yes. As for what she means to me... It is hard to describe." He thought hard for a moment the question still lingering." Forgive my poor dialect, but to describe it would be put better in your native tongue. I believe it would be, ji reiškia daugiau nei žvaigždes, žada grįžti namo po Šuristą." The words taking a bit longer than normal to get out, thinking of each word and annunciation carefully, hoping his response would be satisfactory.

"Why would I question the depth of your still blossoming love? That is not what I asked of you. It is not that you love her or how deeply that will tell me what you should get for her. How do you love her. What makes you two better for each other? What makes your love special? Find that." She gently poked his chest. "And you will have your answer."

She sat back with a sigh, "And if you have no damn clue, I can hand you a few raw ingots and their stories, perhaps a few gems, and you two can figure it out. Or let her do the thinking."

Cheeks flushing, just a little, as her younger sister placed that comforting hand on her head, Tachiko let a smile emerge from her introspective reverie. Though Kazumi might be younger, Tachiko's life was largely bereft of experience, having been put on pause for nearly its entirety. In a way, Tachiko was the youngest of the Motoyoshi brood. As Kazumi began to fret over her place in line, Tachiko reached out to take her elbow and wrap her own around it. "No, no! We're three siblings, three Motoyoshi, together. Our place is your place!"

Last edited:
NSN Ensign
Leventé Barná
Yss Tokyo
17th SBS (dragons)
Kyoto
Festival grounds

Her question rung in his head, the same way a gunshot would at point blank range. Taking several moments to process, Leventé considered his options carefully before speaking." I'd forge her a service knife, so she would not have to sully her own, so it never needs to know the taste of blood, and war." As people passed, laughed and enjoyed their days, these two understood the gravity of their conversation. It was hard for him to let go of the war, still raging on, and his duty to protect. was something not taken lightly," these people may be able to let loose, but I know that part of my mission is to protect her in the field and out. To be a partner and Ally."

His tone soon changed as several families walked by, carefree and happily enjoying the various street foods and vendors. Though home was far off, how long? How long would this peace last?" I don't mean to get so Serious Atteni, however you have helped me make my mind up. I have to remind myself of the Duality of war, without it there is no peace, and yet with it, life will still carry on." He smiled looking back up to the Senti woman before him.

Midori

The Samurai nodded a little as she fiddled with her fingers a little and let out a small sigh. She stared at the ground as she moved, hesitant and stiff at first, but Yaichiro would get a treat. She soon stood at his side, arm looped into his and hand clasped together with his. A blush splashed over the normally stoic samurai's face as she studied her feet, quiet for a moment before she murmured just loud enough for him to hear.

"I... I hope you do not mind. I have wanted to do this since my memories returned, among a few other things." Red eyes peered up at him, embarrassed just then as she stood at his side locked with his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back