• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō [YSS Kaiyō] Ichi

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That looked awfully close there! careful next time Meissa!" One could almost here the grin in her words, though she did seem slightly more fidgety, sighing in releif as she noted she wasn't going to watch a comrade die before the fighting had started. She crossed her arms a bit and thought, and activated the volumetric cloaking. She wasn't sure how much it would help since it'd have been pretty hard to spot much of anything not glowing in space anyway, but decided it couldn't hurt. No longer was her swishing tail visible to the ammassed boarding forces. "Is there a way we can get closer without being seen?"

Bridge

The older Nekovalkyrja simply shrugged from her spot atop the console.

"I'd be up to sensors to get that off the ship's hull, assuming it hasn't been scrubbed away," Sakamoto politely began. "Even then, putting the readings into a forensics engine may give us some clues." Marks, scratches in the paint, micro-asteroid impacts and the like often gave ships unique, subtle appearances, and given Yamatai's extensive state surveillance, something was bound to come up. Assuming one could sift through all the raw data. "It's begun though, the first shots," the woman wistfully thought. "I just hope the ship isn't infested by roaches. I'll go ready the flamers if it's come to that," she demurely smiled.

Asuka took the sensor data she had, and forwarded it for analysis. After a few false starts, it was revealed that there was not much subtle about this Caravan freighter's unique appearance. Much of the hull had been replaced with armour panels salvaged from Nepleslian warships, the porter blisters in the forward section had been converted into gun ports, and the two main cargo bays had been repurposed into missile batteries. The weapons themselves were still concealed within the ship's armour, but the militarization was unmistakable.

It didn't take a detailed analysis to figure out that this Caravan freighter had fallen into pirate hands.

Asuka took the sensor data she had, and forwarded it for analysis. After a few false starts, it was revealed that there was not much subtle about this Caravan freighter's unique appearance. Much of the hull had been replaced with armour panels salvaged from Nepleslian warships, the porter blisters in the forward section had been converted into gun ports, and the two main cargo bays had been repurposed into missile batteries. The weapons themselves were still concealed within the ship's armour, but the militarization was unmistakable.

It didn't take a detailed analysis to figure out that this Caravan freighter had fallen into pirate hands.
"W̴̳̙̱̦̙̥̗ͅę̸͈̲͙l̡̛̝̜͘l̴̵̩̠.͘͝҉̗͚̫̹̯̰̣ͅ ̶̼̜͖̖́͠I̺͖͍̬͡ş̹͙͙̝͔̀n̢̥̙'̗͚̮͠t̞̺͖̜͜͠ ̤̪̣̳͎̥t̷̞͙͇̺͎͓̘͢h̢̛̠̪͈͕͉͚̼a͈̦̳̞̩̤̖͟ţ̬͔̦͢ ̵͉͈̟̟̱͙͓̰͕͠j̤̤̜̝̹̥͕ͅu̢̥̦̼͚̗̺̬̰s̲̳͇̰̥̟͉̩ţ̰͍ ͇̰̹̳̫͉̲̟͘g̶̨̹̗̣͕̱ṟ̴̳͓̫̖̲̬̤́ḛ̸̷̬̗͎́ͅa̷͏͏̮̪̭t҉̹͕̰̤.̵͎͖̬̘͘"

A very crackly sigh comes across the comms. It maya or may not blow out someone's eardrums.

Bridge

"Ara, no clues as to which pirates though?" Sakamoto's voice chimed in after the analysis. "It can't be helped I suppose. Perhaps they're new at this." Listening to the crackling comms from the power armor pilots coming under attack however, made her question something else entirely. "Taii?" she began, looking to Eden once more. "Suppose you were a pirate; one would usually flee from a Star Army ship, would one not? Even new ones would, wouldn't they?" the Ex-Jiyuuian questioned. "I cannot help but wonder why they are chasing after us of all things."

The implication was not the most comforting.

"Pirates?! Why would they attack us! don't they know who we are? Oh well, I guess we'll show them the hard way yeah?" She did however, wince at the crackling comms as they sounded loudly in her ears with absolutely no background noise to distract her from it, waving her arms a bit in suprise. "What was that? Meissa? I think your transmitter is toasted."

She regained what little semblence of cool she had, and once again took to observing the pirate cruiser infront of them in all its floating scrap heap glory, paying extra attention to its apparant maximum range as it grew closer and closer.

"Pirates?! Why would they attack us! don't they know who we are? Oh well, I guess we'll show them the hard way yeah?" She did however, wince at the crackling comms as they sounded loudly in her ears with absolutely no background noise to distract her from it, waving her arms a bit in suprise. "What was that? Meissa? I think your transmitter is toasted."

She regained what little semblence of cool she had, and once again took to observing the pirate cruiser infront of them in all its floating scrap heap glory, paying extra attention to its apparant maximum range as it grew closer and closer.
"Y̴̘̩̫͠e͈̰̱̬̰͉̼͟͡a̶̮̜̘͚̪̘̜̜h̢̛̥̫̦͙̰̕,̸̹̮̦͎̪͟ ̨̘̣͠I̠̼̺̻̫̻̪͙̠̕ ̶̲̥̜͙̩̫͇͇t̛͎́͡h̛̬̖͙͜i̝̹͍̝̯̕n̶̞̺̠̙͚̮̬̣͜ͅk̷̩̦̳̲̀͘ ̧̖̜̬͙̠̮͉͇̺̕s̡͇͉̞ò̷̧̹̟͈͎̬͎̖.̠̥̖͡ ̮͍̪C̦͇̝̠a̷̧͇͈̟͢n͖̠͍̘̖͎̞̪ ͙̫̮̪̫͞͝ͅs̛͔͍̙̞̝o̶҉҉̦̩̤̜̲̗m̧̜̼̘̪̹̘͉͝e̷͉̞o̡̞̝͍̭̻͉ǹ̨̙̺̜̘͇̲e̛̛̹̦͈̤͍̫͔̤ ̵̱̮͠͡d͎̙̜̬̼͘͜ͅo̷̘̭̲̳̣̖͈͙͘͡ ̝͍͇͢͢͡a͓͍̭͇̦̥͟n̳̝̲̟̰̯̲̕ͅ ̤̞̘̙̤͙̜͔̀͝e̵̶̜̫̩̕m͔͕͕͇̯̱͜͝e̞͓̭͈͎͕̱r̵̪͉̻̳g̸̴̛̮̩̻̲̤͎̠̟e̵͏̘̼n̘͖͜c̙̠͇͔̱y̢̧̺̠͍̩̦͕̰̲ ̡̗͓̞̻r̵̸̪͙͔͕̱͕͝e̹̱̜͕̹̱p̕͠҉͉̺͕̻͈̦̲̮ͅ?͕͇̩̹͘͜͠"

Meissa warms her Aether SwordBeam up.

"Teleport! Teleport to the rear of the ship!" Taii Eden shouted into their radios and everyone but Meissa listened to her orders, who only heard:

"̵̛̛̋̌̇̈̾̈́͗͛̒̈̍̉̊͒͆̈́̌̽̕̕͘͘̕T̴̓̓̄́͊́̒͐̂͗̌͂̈́͌̋̈́̎̑͛̂͝e̶̛̍̅͌̽̋́̊́͒̈́̈́̒͐̈̉̃̄͌̈̎̋̔̓̎̈̓͛̈́͐͋̈̌̈́̎͆̐̈́́̾͘̕͘͘͝͝l̵͂̐͊̌̎̏̈́͌̀̏̓̐̃̓̀́̅̏̽̎͆e̶̛̛͛̾̓̄͐̿̊̉͑̔̊͆́͋͆̾̾̓̅͛̋͛͐̑̋̊̏̑̄̚̚͘͘p̵̛̛̾͂͗̀̐̈́͐̒́̋̃̃͗͊͗̄͌̊́̊͂͐̌̄͗͆̊̎̊́͑͆́͛̈́̂̑̈́͒̕͘͘͠ơ̷̛̋̇̏͊͒͊̐̑̇̓͋͑̽̿̃͂̅̏̔̈́̌̀̈̑̉̿͆̈́̆́̋́̀̊̅̄͌̐̚̕͘͝ŕ̷̛̆̄̌̅̈́̀̀̾͛̉͆̎͂̃͊̊̈́͌̐̿̔͆̑̆̏̈̌͒̓̐̈̂͂̏̈́̍̿̾̀̃̐͊͑͊̾̓̚̚͝t̵̛̀̏̏̒̋͌͆̅͆̂̏̓̉̒́͐̔̎̀̈́̅͛͗͂͗̅̽̌͌͗̃̀͐̃͑͛̅͂̿͗̌́̐̐͋̍͛̀̌͊̎̊͋̌̿̍̊͌͐̓͂̋̎̀͊̔̕̚̕̚̕͝͝͝͠͠͝!̴̛̛̛̾̇͒́̉̔͂̎͋̒̈̓̔̀̓͑͑̈́̋̃̋̂͐̽̔̑͋̓͋̏͐̄̏̈́̍̐̋͗́̎̍́́̿̄̿͆̿̓̒͒̃͒̐̕̚̚̚͘͘͘̚͝ ̴́͂͂̉́̊͗̒̊̐͑̐̄̑̄̓̎̄͌͂͑̈́̑̇̃̀͒͋̓̓̓̉̽̊̏͗̌͒͊͘̚̚̚͠͝T̸̓̔͒́̂̒̓͋͑̔́̿̊̄̽̑̈̕͝͝͝ȇ̸̂̾̉͆̑͂̓̇̇͗̀̅̆͊͒͆͒̑̊̎̎̈́͆̍̍̇͊̈́̇̀̇̏̋̈̄̌͆̎͒̀͘̕̚͘̕l̵̛̈́͛̓̒̓̒̄̌̍͐͛̔̐̔̔͗̆̑̑̎̿͆̈́́̆̿̃̐͋̏̍͐̈́̍̑̍͛̐̔̎̓͒̈̇̍͐̾̍̌̒̋̍̏͂̄̄̀͘̕͘̚͝͝e̴̛͋̀͂̂̾̀̈̋̏̏̓̍̑̇́̿̓͑̎̓͊̃́̾͂̂̇̈́͛̈̓̅͛̈́̂̎͗̑̋͆͋̋̈́́́́̄̚̚̚p̴̛̛͂͊͑͂̈́̐̂́̿̎͌̉͌̇̌̀̃̇̍̈̒̅̈͒͗͊̒͊̀̔̓̑̓́̊̍̍̔͋͑̿͛̓͒͗̔̈́̚̚̚̚̕͝͝ơ̸̛̛̛̄̎̿̇̊̓̒̿̇́̀̇̽̓͊̂̋͆͆̊̍̓͐̓̑̃̆̔̇̄͑͆̈̉͋͌̈́͌͌̽͊̎̒̾̅̈́͋͊̐̏̋͋̎͗̓̾̈́̄̀̐̚̚̕͘̚͝͝͝͠͠͝͠ŕ̷̛͗̌́́̃̈́͑̓̾̿̃̽̂̇͛̏̌̔́͆̾͑̐̓̐̇̓͊̿̀́͒̋̾̀̅̓̈̒́̌̔͒̑͗͑͊̚̕̕͝͝͝t̸̂̔̇̄̿̀̃̒̍̿̾̄̇̈̀̆̈́͊̃͌̐͐̐̈̌̎̋̾̑̉̍̎́́̅̐̽̍̔̑̆̚̕͘̕̚͠ ̴̽́̐̇͒̋͆̀̐̐͒̽̑̕͘͘̚̕͘͝t̶̆͂̎̆̉̓̀̃̉̆̉̊̋̋̚͘͠o̶͗͗́͂͐̿͂̾̀̅̐͐̓̈̃̓͗͋͒̓̓͒̈̿͗͌̎͊̈̔̓̂͋̊͒̍́̒̇̋́̽̂̔́͑̑͌̒̔̚̚͝ ̸̛̛̛̀̐͋̐̆͋̌́́̎̐̏̀͋̌̇̆̍̔͒̈́́̍̾͊̓̈́̐̈́̈́̅̐̊̈̓̒̄́̏̕̕t̸́́̀̔̇̉̋̍̃̂̄͌̒̓̈́̾̊̀̇̀̑̇̅̾̓̈̑͋̒͒̒̍̅̌̓̍̄̊͛́̆́̾͗̅̄͗͂̋̒̌̐̔̐̃̈́̕͠͝h̷͗̏̽̔̿͊̅͛́̌͋̐̇̎́̐͛̍̑͛̃̎́̂̇̉̋̕̚̚͝͠͝͝͝ë̸̛́̈́́̊̒̀̏̀̉̓̐͋̇̃͋̾̀ ̴̛̛̛͆̈́̀̓̒̇̆͋͗̏͐̿͐͊̿̑̏̈͗́̀̈́̒͆̐̕͘͠r̸̛̓͐̂́̈̈͑͌̆̔̎̃̌̅͛͗̕͘͝e̵̎͂͗͌̊͂̑̊͊̍̑͗̂͋͐̿̀̊̀̐̉̊̑͌̅̒̾͌͐̐͋͑́̈́̍̀̑̉̈́̄̓͑̃̓̒̃̀̉̽͂̔̋̋̊̅̂͒̀͑̀̓͛̄͂͌̾̓́͆̂̃͗͘͘͘̚̚̚͘͝͠͝͝ā̶̛̄̍̅͒͆̊̌͊̋̓̈́̋̓͐̉̾̿̐͆̂́̿̅͌̐́̋̑̆͋̃͐͒̿͐̿̊̎̈́͗̈́͂̔̀̎͗̋̀̋̽͐́̔̀̔̈́͘̕̚̚͘̕͘͝r̶̛͛̅̐͊̎̓̾̈́̍͂̈́͋̊͋̊̽̌͋͊̓̓̎͌̌͐́̃̊́̊͐͐̉̉̅̓̆̉̈͑͆̈́̚̚̚̚͝͝ ̴̛̛̛͋̅͒͌̐͒̄͐̀͂̽̓̆̓̀̽̾̃̇̿͐̄̉̍̍͘̕͝͝ơ̶̎̎̊͌͂͒̿͛̓̔̈́̌́̂͌̿̅͗̄̊̏͐̀̕͠f̴̛̛̛̉̋͒̆̉̍̾̒̈́̾͊̃̔̈̅̎̿̀̋̈́͆̓͊̊̇̈̓̇̽̊͛̌̅̔̈́̚͘͝͝͝ ̶̓̾̌̍͑͛̆̌͆̐̈̒͘͠͝t̸̃̾̾͋͗̽̈̇̅͌̐͒͐͂͊̍͊́͑̈́͘̚͝͝h̵͒͗̇͋̌́̄̈̋̄̀̂͐̓͒͒̑̐̂͋̒́͛̂͒͂͗̃̀̋͑̈̈́̕͘̕͘̕͝͠͝͝͝e̶̛̊̔͋̐̎̃͒̈́̎́̇̌̂̇́̄̑̅̽̔̽͆̌͗̑̊́̋̎̌̇͊́͘̚͝͝͝ ̴̽́̔͛͑̍̈́͐̈́̾̂́̔̍̏̉̓́͑̿̓̀̏̀͑̉̂̒͛̓̆̐̎̒́͘̕͝͝͝͠͝s̴̛̛̔̃̐̍̍̈́́̎̍̐̓̉̋̊͌̈́̌̇̆̒̇̓̋̑̉̌̔̓̉̀̃̿͌̋̃̅̌͂͑̇̃̀͗̋̽̓̊̓̓͂̆́͋̇͛̕̚͘̚̕̕͘̕͠͝͝͝͝h̴̾͋̄̈́͌̌͌͂̆̎̅̌̀͑͌̆̅̔́̋̂̿͌̄̚͝͝͝i̴̛̛͗̌͑̋̆̍̋̃͋̋̑̾͑̓̔̽͌͋͑̐̔́̉̀̃̎̎̈́͗͊̍̆͆͗̉̐̇͑̂͛̔́̇͑̓̃͌̅̅̄͛̊̏͐͌͐́͑͗͊͋̚͘͘͘͠͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͠p̶̾͂͊̈́̒̎̑̃͋̍͗͒̈́̊̇̈́͒̓̀̓̄͆̉̈́̅̂̈́̆͒̊́̅͌̓̎͒̋̈́̔̔̎̔̃̔̈͂͒͛́̈͊̉̍̆͑͂̕̕̕̚̕̚̚̕͠͠͝͠͝!̶̛̍̐̽̊̓̆͊̎̍̀͂̇͑͌̆̽̆̑̂̂̓̀́͋̌̿̀̔͐̎̿́̏̓̇̊́̔̾͂̉̃̿̌͌̅̒͋̍̀͋̌̀͒̾̔̌̚͘̚̚͠͠"̸̀̉̀́̓̌́͆͑̂̒͂̌̓̓̐̀̆̽̈̾̉̃̓́͆͒̽͑̀̒͛̓̄͒̆̍͐̃̏̈̋̅̈́̈́́̿͌̀̔͑͐̒̈̃́̓̅̄̕̕͘̕͠͠͝

It would take 15 seconds to charge their teleportation modules.

1-3 Seconds: The away team's sensors noticed the ship moving closer. AIES warned each member of the away team to retreat. Thrusters engaged, the away team backed up.

4-6 Seconds: The Caravan lurched forward, towards the Kaiyō. Three other ships appeared in close range of the Plumerias, all heavily equipped freighters that had been previously cloaked. The Kaiyō's scanners identify the ships as being pirate forces, as well.

7-9 Seconds: The Caravan turrets moved into position. The away team was then 200 kilometers away from the pirate Caravan. Turrets pulsed, pushing forward three times, lighting up space around the away team.

10-12 Seconds: Yoshida's 3D image of her armor changed colors, from green to yellow, on the chest plate and legs where she was struck. Three more phased energy pulses came from each turret. Taisa Catherine Ross, squadron leader of the three plumeria, put out the signal for each of the ships besides the YSS Storm to engage one ship, each.

13-14: Three more phased pulses came from each turret, sent towards the away team. Carter's 3D image of his power armor went from green to orange on the left arm and the right leg was set to yellow as phased energy pulses accelerated into him. Taii Teien Eden commanded Arbitrated Shan to aim the main weapon array and cannons at the enemy ship, another Caravan, directly in front of them, and to fire when ready. The away team was 100 kilometers away from the Caravan.

15: Teleportation modules were engaged and the away team had positioned themselves against the rear of the ship, where the point defense weapons couldn't go. Taii Eden asked Sakamoto what she thought of the development.

Last edited:
Meissa sort of awkwardly guesses actions as she assumes they're warping towards the freighter doors. At least, that's what's logical from her screwed comms. She heard something like "-elport -ear of the ship."
She fires up her Aether Beam and starts cutting into the freighter door.

Last edited:
It was an odd feeling, to come up with an assault plan for her ship's infantry team... only to have her commanding officer suddenly replace it. Navian sighed inwardly. In truth, the miniature CIES unit in her Leader Support Pack had done most of the calculations. As an honorary Chui, the Taii outranked it as well. Navian wondered if the AI had taken this with more grace... not an easy thing to do.

She tried to catch her teammate Meissa before she left for the forward cargo bay. Another miss. Fortunately, the enemy fire seemed even more uncoordinated, and they landed only a few hits on the confused Star Army Infantry before the team reached their mark and seemed to vanish.

"We have a loose cannon, but the team is at the hangar bay." Armed with little else of its calibur, Navian's shoulder-mounted Aetheric Pulse Cannon was her weapon of choice for forcing entry. "Too bad they didn't think to leave the doors open for us," she quipped.

Last edited:
Yoshida stiffened up, ready to go, but on hearing the Taii's orders to hold and teleport, she took a breath, nodding and bouncing up and down on an invisible floor for just a moment to prepare herself as she charged her teleport, as she did this she backed up with her CFS as her AIES said. As the laser fire started coming, she began, as rapidly as she could, takign evasive action, attempting to throw off the aim of any turrets aiming at her. As she checked out her hud, and noted the slightly slagged legs, and chest. She decided to pick up the pace, less frequent turns in favour of putting more distance inbetween her last position before making a sudden, wild turn and dive again, if one could see her it would almost look like she was planting her feet on invisible walls and kicking off each time. "I'm hit!"

In those final few seconds, she wondered how many of her comrades she'd be seeing behind that caravan, just before she teleported. Looking around, breathing a short sigh of releif, before quickly moving to attatch herself to the hull and scan arouund for more turrets. She noted somone was missing. "... Meissa?"

Sakamoto's laughter was like a refreshing gust of wind; energizing, pleasant, and all too brief.

"I'm honestly not too surprised they had some sort of trick up their sleeves, Teien-taii," the woman admitted. Despite the shots fired, and the encroaching enemy ambush, Sakamoto continued to idly sit upon the Taii's console like the black cat she was. "Rather, I'm more curious about what cloaking technology they are using," the SAINT Agent admitted. "For now though, I hope you worry more about your ship than your flight of Mindies - they need to have a home to return to, and once inside the ship, commanding them will be all the more difficult if not outright infeasible." The Ex-Jiyuuian flashed her teeth in a beautiful smile. "Because, if I were them, I'd make sure you couldn't once they were in."

Sakamoto had such a nice smile.

4-6 Seconds: The Caravan lurched forward, towards the Kaiyō. Three other ships appeared in close range of the Plumerias, all heavily equipped freighters that had been previously cloaked. The Kaiyō's scanners identify the ships as being pirate forces, as well.
"They're everywhere!"
Any turrets on the Kaiyō that cannot get a firing arc on the original Caravan target are turned instead to the closest of the new three ships that falls within their firing arcs.
Taii Teien Eden commanded Arbitrated Shan to aim the main weapon array and cannons at the enemy ship, another Caravan, directly in front of them, and to fire when ready.
After recieving specific orders she retargeted to the specified Caravan. Rather than stating a confirmation she starts shooting almost immediately after getting a target lock, cycling through the weapons in a round-robin style to quickly and efficiently whittle into the defensive shields and armor. Knowing the point defense turrents are active still she holds on the use of torpedoes momentarily. Leading her shots with the help of the computer to keep up with whatever potential maneuvers the enemy can pull off with their current vector, she also does her best to quickly check the ship's exterior and cross-reference it with her own memory to determine where the ammunition store is located. When the shields go down, instead of targeting the aforementioned area she takes a more direct control of a couple turrets while leaving the others mostly in controll of Boss, taking her selected ones and attempting to directly disable or destroy any PD emplacement on the enemy ship.

Last edited:
Exiting Power Armor Bay

"Oh...oh dear. Pirates? F-four ships? That's so many..." A lone figure emerged from the Kaiyo as the battle began in earnest, weapons firing on either side. She had just missed the group teleport, three of the Mindys arriving together at the rear of the ship, while the one with the malfunctioning communications had arrived slightly further forward on the ship. As the trio of Navian, Yoshida and Carter hid in the shadow of the Caravan to begin their entry, Meissa activated the blade of her ABSR and began hacking into the reinforced bay door of the freighter.

"Oh my...that's not right...something's wrong..." Mitsuko could tell something was strange about the freighter. Obviously the pirates had made some modifications. She'd pulled up the schematics for this class of ship as soon as she'd been alerted to its appearance, researching it by herself while the others had been armoring up. Interior, exterior, possible defenses...this was definitely not what she'd expected to see. But, after only a few seconds of observation, she was able to recognize what they were actually dealing with.

The trio saw the distant figure leaving the shadow of the Kaiyo, rapidly approaching the pirate vessel, while Meissa was so far oblivious to its approach. The armor hadn't teleported, and it wasn't hurriedly evading...it was simply approaching at a steady pace, while conveniently being where the Caravan's weapons were not currently firing. Its Barrier Shield Module was fully activated, to ward off the few stray shots the pilot hadn't successfully accounted for, curving and bending away from the armor without doing any noticeable damage. As the suit grew closer, they realized it was a somewhat battered Mindy II, practically ancient compared to their shiny new Mindy 4s they were all piloting. It wasn't headed their way, however...it was heading directly for Meissa. "Nashira-Hei...Nashira-Hei...Nashira-Hei, i-incoming!" An unfamiliar voice called out several times in an attempt to warn the Elysian with the damaged comms, hoping enough would make it through to draw her attention.

Because, a moment later, Mitsuko's dented Mindy II collided with the slightly scuffed, winged Mindy 4. "Nashiria-Hei! Oh, dear, we shouldn't linger here..." Now that their suits were in contact, direct telepathic communication was possible through the two Mindys. Mitsuko's face popped up along with her identification, transmitted to the Elysian, along with other data. The schematic of the ship, already updated with the conclusions the Logistics Neko had drawn during her short trip over. Including the large, red warnings about the large cargo bays possibly being repurposed to conceal extra weaponry. Pirates would have no respect for proper cargo handling procedures, after all.

With the extra strength barrier down, it took a moment for her weapons to recharge, just enough time to look towards the distant trio. The same information was relayed to the group, along with a rudimentary plan...red arrows showing the three entering the ship and making a turn, meeting up with another arrow representing Mitsuko and Meissa. Of course, this assumed anything was left of the original corridors inside the Caravan. Keeping one hand on Meissa's shoulder, she raised the other, an aether blade erupting from her forearm before she assisted Meissa in carving an opening into the freighter, attempting to use her strikes to guide the other to the most efficient and expedient hole creation possible.

"Well. Good thing you came then. Sorry about how I got my comms blown out. Should I relay off you for comms?"
Meissa preps a little charge of plastic explosive for when they cut in.

After the insanity that was rushing towards the Pirate vessel and teleporting to the team's entrance point, Carter's mind was a blur, scenes flashed before his mind's eye of the carnage that the squad nearly fell prey to, armor being breached, limbs blown off by the pulses flying past them. He shook his head, forcing back the dire predictions of his rampant imagination. "FOCUS." he internally yelled. Now was when his captain, his team, would need the best he could give them.

Carter ignited his Mindy's wrist mounted aether projector, forming a short, concentrated blade. He immidiately set to cutting a line in the cargo bay door. Three other lines appeared on Navian and Yoshida's AIES displays, forming a rectangular opening large enough for the Mindys to fit through. "Breaching" he said, not wanting to risk saying any more, lest he give away his suppressed anxiety.

Mitsuko’s aether blade took awhile, though Meissa’s had done a good deal of work on the freighter door, as well. Soon there was a hole for the two of them to move through and into the ship. Once inside, Meissa and Mitsuko found that they were unaccosted by enemies and were able to go about either waiting for the other three, creating a plan, or going against the tide of the red arrows Mitsuko had set up for the other group to follow and meet them at their location or somewhere in between.

As those two stepped into the cargo bay, those at the rear of the ship were getting past the durandium alloy and were getting into the hangar bay. They made their way in, only to be confronted with a grouping of five Docile fifty feet from them and empty space in between, painted digitized camp colors. The five power armors’ mono eyes were alight and apparently ready for combat. They lifted their weapons, which was a smattering of MG-32’s, infantry battle rifles, and HMG-33’s, aimed at the Mindy and began to fire.

The rest of the squadron were going after the two Vampires, which accelerated and moved away from the weapons fire from the two Plumeria. It was a tight battle, averaging an equal match between pirate ships and the sixth squadron. The power armor teams, as well, were comparable to one another. Despite that, Teien Eden was sure of victory.

"Sakamoto, we'll keep our ship intact. Of that I am sure!"

Arbitrated had done a great job of decapacitating the 2nd Caravan to the point where even the Taii could look over Asuka's shoulder and see that the Caravan’s barrier, made for navigational use and only strong enough to resist light anti-starship weaponry, was deeply damaged. She asked for a status report from the sensors operator, Asuka.

"Come on. Come out, pirates. I wanna shoot at something, dammit."
Meissa's finger twitches a little on the trigger as she looks up and down the halls.
"Clear. Should I trap the area?"

YSS Kaiyo, Bridge

Asuka reported quickly, "Their barrier is down to 40%, mostly from our first hit! They're evading... and launching missiles!" Seeking approval from Sakamoto, as well, even in the middle of combat, she went on, "This Caravan is registered to a NAM subsidiary, but it was reported missing two months ago!"

Pirate Caravan, Rear Hangar Bay

Navian sprung into the air and flew near to the bay's ceiling, spraying reckless suppression fire from both forearm pulse cannons and performing an aileron roll, as she closed to the critical distance where she could use her shoulder-mounted aetheric pulse cannon even within the ship's atmosphere.

Leaping into battle headfirst wasn't her usual MO, but it was what her loadout allowed for her in this situation, and someone had to be first into the breach, or the team would stay pinned outside for the rest of the battle. "Into the fray, Santô Hei!" Her backpack CIES was already highlighting possible targets for the team's most potent weaponry.

Yoshida, Having already taken damage just from entering, wasn't too keen on having a repeat of that experience. While her dream of returning back spotless had already been dashed, she didn't want to have the list of blemishes on her armor grow yet more. Diving to the side and planting herself to the wall in a low crouch, one hand on the wall, and the other pointing her assault rifle at the enemy, she picked out the highlighted targets and opened up with a volley of missiles. "They won't stand a chance! Come on!"

Six glorious exhaust trails light up the open space as she chose her prey. Unexperienced, she had decided to play it extra safe here and unleashed two missiles per target on the closest three. As she did so, she unleashed a few NSB's in the hopes that any returned fire in the form of self propelled explosives would be stopped dead, and like Navian before her, sprayed her LASR at the foes before them after the missiles left their nests. It was only after a few bullets had been fired even did she steady it with her other, unoccupied hand that had previously been molesting the wall she landed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back