• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC YSS Kaiyō II Discussion

|-----------|
|--ACTIVE--|
|-----------|
( \__/) ||
(• v •) ||
/   づ

@raz @Gunhand4171 @Sunny D @Gles @krisslanza @SensualCoder and I guess @Miko

And we're off!! Two threads posted today to start off this mission! The "GM Cinematic" Egasumi is named after the haze pattern you'll see in Japanese art. It embodies the elusive, ever-changing nature of it and is sacred and auspicious, just like this new mission is! Akuma, the main mission, means fiery spirits or the whole devil. Makes sense since we're dealing with Mishhu, no?

Anyway, only the mission post is required reading. It's very long- sorry! Hoshi is mainly asking "should we go to Nebel (combat) or Aingeal (diplomacy) first?" Feel free to answer her, asking questions, or just describe your character being present!

What a surprise! Can't wait to get into it. It'll be fun playing First Officer again instead of fake captain.

Note to Crimson Levy participants: That's still going on. Ame and I had a bunch of pop-up appointments after Halloween, so sorry for the delay.

So Ame, think Miko or the Birb would fit best? Personally leaning towards Miko to bring back the fun. What do you think?

That briefing went well! I love the way everyone's characters gave ideas and added to the plan in their own way. We're moving on to the power armor bay per raz's post!

In the power armor bay it might be a good time to describe the accessories on your Mindy in RP or add a loadout to their page. It's not necessary, but keep it in mind for when we hit combat.

The armor bay is down the hallway in between the briefing room at the back where we are and the wardroom all the way at the front/bow of the ship.

@raz @Gunhand4171 @Sunny D @Gles @krisslanza @SensualCoder and maybe @Miko
(Fun fact: there's some panels of gold zesuaium on the floor just outside of the power armor bay where we had to repair it after a boarding incident in Kuvexian enemy territory some years ago. Better to board than be boarded!)

I've seen quite a few loadouts but don't remember working with the sylph wing pack yet. I'm more than excited and it has my okay!

I've seen quite a few loadouts but don't remember working with the sylph wing pack yet.
It's sort of redundant for a Mindy 4 to have it because the newer armor already comes with a CFS system from the factory, as well as the TAP wing pack. The Sylph Wing Pack option came from a time when these things weren't standard for the Mindy 2. Replacing the standard TAP wing pack also removes the Mindy 4's teleportation module and limits it to CFS propulsion only, since the sublight engines are in the TAP wings.

I tried to give examples of pretty simple ways to describe loadouts in RP with my most recent post (top two bigger paragraphs about Peio Myomi and Koizumi Aratani, the two GM characters I'll bring along) for those that might be worried it's difficult. I think it's @SensualCoder @krisslanza and @Miko that we need those sort of posts from right now : )

Pay attention to raz's post ordering everyone to launch and then my last one which has you all at the enemy starship to be breached. Whoever wants to cut into that bad boy, be my guest.

I also didn't come up with the aesthetics of Mishhuvurthyar vessels but I do apologize for subjecting y'all to them. It's only going to get worse visually for our characters from here! @raz @Gunhand4171 @Sunny D @Gles @krisslanza @SensualCoder and some would say @Miko

Why is writing combat for me to so hard, aaaaaaa.
Apologies for posting so little, Stellaris update rolled out, then a bit of a family trip... this means I missed the chance to describe Isuke getting undressed and getting into her fancy Mindy armor, while maybe giving everyone in the team some looks!
You'll just have to imagine that instead. Reflecting on it in the heat of battle aboard an enemy ship seems in poor taste.

It's a beast of a post, but everyone did something and deserved to have that accounted for. If it's too much, I recommend searching your character's name and reading around it, but also the first three paragraphs (last one is just a sentence) to get bearings on the room that your characters can now move into.

@raz @Gunhand4171 @Sunny D @Gles @krisslanza @SensualCoder and this time @Miko

RPG-D RPGfix
Back