• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC YSS Sakishima Discussion

You should be able to use the PA's forward booster movement to offset the recoil pushback. Should operate normally in theory. Except insane ranges.

I don't see why it can't be used in space either.

Before I looked, I wondered if some of the projectiles were set up with control surfaces which would not work in vacuum, but didn't find any. However, the rangefinder does seem to use atmospheric physics in order to add more precision to the strike; but even that can be turned off in favour of the suit's AIES. As for insane ranges, one really just needs to compensate for the local gravity environment based on nearby collections of mass (asteroids, planets, stars...), otherwise it will just keep going until it hits something.

The only problem is if it is a classic projectile launcher it would require oxygen to ignite the charge. So if you modified it to use compressed gas or a magneto rail, it should work just fine. Rail-zooka.

Guns can shoot in space.
Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required.

Cool, you learn things every day. Lawl, I never space travel without my trust 1911.

On a side note, I mentioned coloring my PA months ago, so I assumed that that was fine. if not Ill just edit that out.

Can logic say that customizing your own personal suit is fine? Like a pilot in WW2 painting pinup on the side of a B52? Markings remain the same, still easily identifiable as a SAoY suit, just black instead of bright blue.

Im not sure which way you were going with that Lam, positive or negative.

TL:DR - Is it okay or no?

Overall the color scheme should be the light-blue gray, although colored shoulders/accents are okay if everybody in the line of people in charge of you say it is.

accents are ok, whole suit of black armor..nah...

also, regarding the addition of nose art to WW2 bombers. It was a small bit of decoration that otherwise did not replace or interfere with the adopted paint schemes and camouflage used on the aircraft at the time.

Erm, sorry about the outage... Things are a little touch-and-go right now, I'll make a thread in the Life Events section once I've caught up my posts.

Unless I missed something, Goto is heading a different direction. He's going into the ship to look for information, and Dakaru and Momoka are staying outside to cut into the chunk of ship with the black box.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back