• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC YSS Sakishima Discussion

Yeah, the idea was that triggering the box of mines with the detonators should set off the reactor, Suzue has the detonators and everything should be stable until they are triggered, if need be.

Well, on larger vessels, there's a Soul Savior Pod that keeps your backup and it's usually very well protected and ejected in the case of ship destruction. Now, there's nothing saying we can't keep back-ups anywhere and everywhere; but when your ship doesn't have a Soul Savior Pod, you've got to get yourself backed up wherever you can, right?

Leo Station isn't the only place our backups could be reliably kept. It's just the logical place they would be kept because it's our Fleet HQ. Besides, there's really no reliable place a backup can be kept. Stuff happens. Data gets lost or damaged. What's the difference if it's on a star fortress or in the Imperial Palace? Even Yamatai was attacked at the end of the last war with the hamburger squids. There's little to be done about it in the end. Even Soul Savior Pods get found fried (one just did) on some planetside in the middle of nowhere-space.

Where do you think our back-ups should be kept? Or are you just thinking maybe we should make redundant copies of our souls?

I think the backsups are networked among the planetes and bases, though @Wes would know better. I do know that whenever ships leaves port, everyone is required to back up and the back up gets uploaded to the base in case of the whole ship and its saviour pod being destroyed. I also think that the saviour pod can hold back up data for ships AI, but not sure. Which brings me to a thing. Since AIs become people after 5 years of service or something like that, do they get back ups?

Is that timeskip part of our Yurei JP going up soon? I only ask because I haven't seen it yet. If I'm just blind, well... I guess I need glasses... haha!

Hey guys, it's everyone's favorite time of the year again, it's Plot Audit time!

We have until the 18th to get everything updated and submitted. So if you guys could be sure to update your character bio pages, I'll take care of the rest. Should be an easy round this time! Thanks :D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back