Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Soyokaze (YSS Soyokaze) Moon(ie) Fever (2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiasa turned to Elina. The presence of a nose bleed made it clear that her sneezing was not just dust. "I will take you to medical immediately." she said and proceeded to scoop up Elina. She then sent a message to the MEGAMI to advise medical that she was bringing Elina in as a patient. She included the apparent onset of symptoms.

She then set off at a quick jog a subroutine engaged to plot the most efficient route. The situation stirred painful memories but she focused on the task. When she came to people in the way she called out. "Make a hole." and moved past them as quickly as her artificial legs would propel her without injuring Elina. Once she sighted the medical doors, she slowed to a walk. She put Elina down just outside of the door, and pressed the door control.

Medical

"If they're just machines why don't we just blast 'em with some EMP?" Bors said catching the tail end of the conversation that Cheiko was is, "I shouldn't evesdrop but its getting a bit depressing out there. Also more use to making medical problems than solving them, just a grunt ya know." The Nepleslian said crossing his arms and stifling a cough.

"Dammit! I can walk!" Elina yelled as she was scooped and carried. Giving a struggle to be let down was weak. She couldn't believe this was happening to her. She fell quiet as she felt like she was wetting her panties. "This aint happening at all! I-I never get sick!" She mumbled. She just ended up holding onto Chiasa as her breath became labored and bubbly sounding.

"They gave us several pills to take. Saying it was important we take." Elina remembered lining up to receive the pill the NMX gave the Moonies, prisoners from the passenger liner and herself once every seven days to keep them from catching diseases that the NMX were immune to, but could be devastating to them. "Pill.... Rainbow 2. ... look ..." She gasped out between bloodly coughing as she went limp. Hoping that Chiasa heard her and find one of the pills she had stashed to help her new found friend and her crewmates. "Go... find ... da... rry... bout... m.."

Elina leaned against the wall outside medical. Looking like a bloody mess as blood slowly leaked out of her. Head fell forward, adding more work to get air past another obstacle.

Medical

Takeyu sighed and rubbed the back of his neck; it was true he was an experienced technician but that didn't mean he had the answers to everything. "Mmmm....." he thought as he leaned up against a nearby wall and folded his arms over his chest, ideas flowing through his mind. A major electrical burst would certainly do the job but the problem is that at point blank it would effect our Neko's, no matter how resistant they are to an electromagnetic pulse - if its at close range - it can still cause damage and affect them. So there has to be another possibility for shutting down the mechnical portion of the virus without directly harming those affected....

The captain glanced upward toward the ceiling and tapped a finger on his shoulder. "Kumiko-Shoi, we are trying to figure out a way to silence the nanomechnical portion of a virus. An electrical burst seems to disable the samples but we need something a bit more practical for those afflicted that won't cause bodily harm...."

Medical

Chiasa paused at the comment Bors about EMP. "An EMP inside the ship would be impractical. After all this contagion could be airborne and present in all section. You can hardly EMP the interior without rendering the Soyokaze a drifting hulk. But you might consider taking a sample of contaminated blood and expose it to scalar radiation. An NSP on low stun should be sufficient to see if it has any effect. I need to go and check Joitto Elina's quarters. She mentioned something about pills the NMX made then take regularly. Could be the source or perhaps some sort of counter agent." she turned and took off at a full run this time heading to the cabin that Elina had been assigned.

Medical

Chieko did like Riko's answer, however after listening to Takeyu and Chiasa she had to nod.

"It wasn't a terrible idea, Bors-Hei," she offered, "but the reason why I asked the professional was that last time I tried to be creative with anything electrical or electronic, something bad happened. I blew a lead-acid battery and destroyed my shop teacher's pre-Imperial classic - I had modified the charger to for a higher current. So I try not to touch anything serious.

"As for those pills, Juni, that may be helpful. It seems the organic part of the virus still survives the deactivation of its mechanical parts."

Meanwhile, finally able to get a few thoughts clear, Kana began to try moving around again on the table. "I can help," the pink haired chemist groaned weakly, "Please let me help. I'm ok, I swear!" Counter to her ascertations, however, a bit of blood dribbled out of her nose as she turned her head to look at everyone.

Medical

"Imperial-classic? Ouch. Not a bad ride, bit stiff on the wheel for my taste though." The nepleslain said crossing his arms and leaning in a nearby door frame. "Was just an idea, I mean don't go turning this thing into a hulk to get rid of some flu on steroids. Not my job to say anyway if you do go, stated before better at killing bigger person sized things. Preferably with a gun or some sort of explosive implement.... We can't frag the bastard virus can we?"

Medical

Ume could only give a light nod to Meiko in response about the movies and board games, normally she'd be much more energetic but that was just a sign of how bad she was indeed feeling. By time Kioko had approached she had spent almost all of her energy and simply let out a barely audible purr in response, possibly an affirmation, or maybe just an acknowledgement.

Bridge

Nenene frowned even more than she already was when the order to lock out the bridge and report to medical herself came through. Nenene did not like the idea of leaving the command center unattended at any time, but especially now when there was still the threat of NMX attack.

"Jayne, lock out all ship function and command and control systems, my authorization" she commanded the MEGAMI, "You may unlock on my authority or the Captain's" she added. "You have direct command of the ship now"

"Understood, I have control, total system lockout enabled" Jayne replied as Nenene slid out of the command chair, sluggishly making her way across the now deserted bridge. All around her control consoles went dark as everything was locked down. She paused a moment, her eyes lingering on the empty command center as she leaned against the bulkhead next to the hatch, then turned and exited.

Medical

Nenene was paler than usual and very green looking as she entered the Soyokaze's medical bay. She had been forced to pause several times on her way to the bridge to fight off waves of nausea and to vomit. She did not like this sick thing one bit and wondered how non neko's could survive it at all? More to that, she was angry that someone would have inflicted this mess upon her and her crew. How horrible a thing it was.

"Shoi Nenene reporting to medical for treatment" she slurred, then collapsed onto the deck at one of the medic's feet.

Medical

Meiko looks up from Ume over to Kioko giving a nod in confirmation, she moved to respond but her attention was suddenly put on Nenene when she entered medical and suddenly collapsed she looked at Kioko and took a breath. "Stay with Ume and watch her condition." She moved over and picked Nenene up moving her to a nearby medical table where she took her blood and covered her up once more, bringing her blood to Chieko once more.

She moves over to Kana after hearing her complain and shakes her head. "You're in no condition to help, rest, the more compliant you are the quicker we'll be able to get you up and working." With that she does another check around giving people the medication to help them relax and not be in so much pain.

Kumiko cocked her head to the side as she trotted towards Engineering, listening to Takeyu's question as she moved. "Uh..." She paused before answering, mind racing along as her feet followed a map she'd long since memorized. "Well, the first thing I'd mention would be the possibilities based off of transmission. If you can figure out how it's moving from person to person, you can build a response based on the same paths, and eliminate the options for the virus. That might slow it down enough to give us more time to work on it." She paused again as she reached the door into engineering, mentally triggering the releases on the door while she kept thinking.

"And possibly the same idea to kill it? If it's biomechanical, it has to has some form of communication. Either with something guiding it, or with the other pieces. Possibly jamming it would slow it down, or maybe even try to back-hack the biomechanical parts through whatever comms system they use?" As the door opened, she scanned around the bay, looking to see if anyone was here, and what kind of condition the areas was in. She sincerely hoped they would be able to seal engineering off cleanly, since that was far too important an area to risk if at all possible.

Medical Bay Entrance

Elina watched Chiasa dart off, and another was brought in. She struggled to move and crawled into the infirmary on her own weakening strength. and collapsed on the floor with her blood slowing dripping from her nose in the AMES helmet she was wearing. She had the strength of the Star Army Neko's, but not the daily exercise to maintain the endurance they had.

Medical

"PRE-Imperial classic, as in before the Empire," Chieko sighed, "He used to go on and on about how it was older than any of us, and that it 'deserves your respect' and all that."

The biologist thanked Meiko for the next sample as she began to get nervous seeing the XO come in sick. Kana's next bout of complaints, however, made her shake her head and sigh. "Kana! Lay down, shut up, and be good," Chieko ordered, finally getting tough with the pink-haired Neko.

"But I..." Kana's face drained of colour again, causing her to wilt back to the table and shiver.

"The probability of the EMP killing us may very well be lower than that of this virus," Isrun commented through the coming mental haze, "Even then, last I heard, Kodians and I'm assuming Nepleslians won't die from an EMP. Turn everything off, set off the EMP, turn everything back on again. Any of us dead can be brought back in the tank later."

When mentioning the Kodians and Nepleslians, the frosty-haired Neko looked at Blake and Bors respectively, before looking at everyone else as she continued before a wave of nausea hit. "That said," Isrun then offered after the wave passed, "I'd recommend finding out how to deal with the biological part before we do that."

Medical~
The sample that she had zapped, started showing the biological half of the virus starting to die out on its own. Though the new vial that was being handed to Cheiko, had the cork started to wiggle back and forth as the virus fought to escape to the open air.

During the conversation Blake was leaning against a wall coughing loudly into one of his paws. When a few red splotches appeared on his gloves, he tossed them, washed then re-gloved, trying to ignore the problem he was facing.

Engineering~

As Kumiko walked into Engineerium Three techs were hard at work hitting the Aether generator hard with large wrenches. Though when one saw Kumiko, she shouted "Officer on deck!" She stood at attention holding her wrench as if it was a Rifle. The other two quickly slide down off the main Aether generator to stand at the same.

The first, and Black haired Neko spoke up, "Ma'am Heisho Huey, Next is Heisho Duey," she motioned to her twin sister, "And the last of us," She motioned to the lowly orange-red haired neko at the end of the line, "Is Hei Frank." the three nekos bowed before returning to their Parade attention. "We are in the process of attempting to get the Aether drive back up to working state... We have tried everything we know."

Medical

Kioko nodded to Meiko but then she felt her nose running 'it is just snot, it is just snot' she kept thinking to herself as she smiled at Ume "after we get through this, what about you and me play some chess and other games, it will be fun." Kioko started to cough and could smell blood "oh... no..... I-I have it as well..." she gulped and took of the helmet knowing it didn't matter anymore 'at least if I die it would be somewhere I was needed', she thought to herself as she closed her eyes.

Medical

Ume was already getting restless having nothing to do, but she didn't have any energy to move so she could only use her head. She decided she was gonna play her board games anyway and sent a picture of a Nekopoly board to all the Nekos and Minkan that were laying on sick beds through telepathy. Of course anyone could accept it, but since everyone else was working she didn't target them. Once she was sure everyone had gotten it she plopped a little figure of herself on the board a go, and waited for other's to join.

Medical

Sighing, though seeing that she would not be able to help get things going much further outside, Chieko turned back to the office. The biologist then began preparing the sample when she noticed that the cap was not on as tightly as it should be. Frowning at this development she set it up as her control to periodically check, as the stoppers used do not just come off on their own.

Checking on the samples she had, however, what showed up on the slide was slowly getting whiter. Chieko then took some more of the first sample and checked it chemically - the amount of virus per volume was decreasing. Were they dying without their biomechanical half?

The biologist looked up at the untouched vial one more time, and noticed that the cap was again trying to come off. There was no denying it, this stuff could get anywhere it wanted to and quite possibly infect anyone it came in contact with. Something needed to be done now.

Zapping the sample that she had been hoping to use as a control, Chieko then went back out to the main area. "I'm noticing that some of the virus dies on its own after about half an hour," she stated, "but with the mechanical half functioning, it is trying to escape the vials. We have to do something about it in minutes, or hours. Not days."

Medical

As Ume's game was formed in the digital space, and new player joined the board. The piece formed looking quited different from any normal one. It was black, but also shimmered into the grays. The shape was Spiky and hostile looking. As it formed the top rotated to look at Ume's piece and then looked forward again.

Medical

Takeyu rubbed his chin curiously. "Jayne, scan the entire ship for any communications that are not coming from a ships systems; filter them out from the background and see if you can isolate anything out of the oridnary, focus on those whom are infected here in medical and then branch outward." The captain wondered if these things did in fact communicate, and if so, it might explain how they were able to overwealm the Neko's immune system - which also meant that it was probably only a matter of time before others were infected.

Cabin

Chiasa arrived at the cabin assigned to Elina. She hit the door button and nothing happened except for the display to say that the door was locked.

She sent a request to Jayne the ship's MEGAMI to unlock the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back