• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Awesome Quotes

It's only okay to have sex with your teacher in west virginia if you are home schooled.

-Someone on my ship

Okay, so I've made it, one more year. And what transpired was extreme hilarity, at least in my opinion, if not Dr. Gyno's. Allow me to recreate the experience for you, gentle readers.

I walked into the unobtrusive brick and stucco building and it was like falling down the hole in Alice and Wonderland to some alternate universe. The entire office was decorated with crystal chandeliers and sumptuous furniture. Then, instead of the quiet adult contemporary music playing in the background, there was some rather loud and garish Latin music. Very surreal.

When Dr. Gyno entered the room and introduced himself, he asked how I had found his office. "Mapquest.â€

Jake: I swear! My character isn't an alcoholic!
Yangfan and Tyler: Suuuuure, Jake. We believe you. ;)

Yangfan: Yeah. We got fingers in all the pies.
Tyler: ... I'm never eating pie again.

If the cake's bad, what good is the frosting?

-Fortune Cookie

Who asked you to die? Keep figthing!
--- Unknown Imperial Guard Commisar

In the meantime though, If war erupts between Nep and Yamatai, we can expect a lot of copypasta qoutes from Wing Commander.

A feverish night over comes us
Plunging into bottles
Beauty's bar has been lowered
By a six pack of ale

Laughs explode from our bellies
Belching out a song of drunken mastery
Reddened faces spell a story
Glazed over eyed comradery

Enjoying the night we won't remember
Spilling honesty like wine
Moving unseen boundaries happily
Exposing benefits to disconnected friendships

Watching the night inch away
Using toilets as pillows
A cool surface to cool the nerves
Losing composure modestly

Eyelids yield to an unwelcome sun
Headaches giving evidence unclearly
An unquenchable thirst moves me
Unaware of last night's intoxicated foxtrot
Found at: http://space-kitten.org/moonwings/showt ... hp?t=10281

In today's encore excerpt, psychotherapist Deborah Luepnitz introduces her book by recounting and amplifying on Schopenhauer's famous fable and metaphor of the porcupines:

"I [mention] Arthur Schopenhauer's well-known fable, a story Freud liked enough to cite in his book on group psychology [and] I paraphrase the fable as follows:

" 'A troop of porcupines is milling about on a cold winter's day. In order to keep from freezing, the animals move closer together. Just as they are close enough to huddle, however, they start to poke each other with their quills. In order to stop the pain, they spread out, lose the advantage of commingling, and begin to shiver. This sends them back in search of each other, and the cycle repeats as they struggle to find a comfortable distance between entanglement and freezing.'

"The story spoke to Freud as a lesson about boundaries. ("No one can tolerate a too intimate approach to his neighbor.") It also spoke to his belief that love is everywhere a thorny affair. Freud wrote: 'The evidence ... shows that almost every intimate emotional relation between two people which lasts for some time--marriage, friendship, the relations between parents and children--contains a sediment of feelings of aversion and hostility, which only escapes perception as a result of repression' ...

"All relationships ... require us to contain contradictory feelings for the same person. As the poet Molly Peacock observed: "There must be room in love for hate."

Deborah Anna Luepnitz, Schopenhauer's Porcupines, Basic Books, 2002, pp. 2-3.

Breisinga-men

Do you understand the lure of the forbidden?

It was a dark hangar and I knew that I did not belong there. I could not restrain myself.

The ship was beautiful, shiny and gold. I knew the instant I saw it that I must posses it, no matter the cost. I approached the four craftsmen softly hoping to drive a shrewd bargain, but they saw the hunger in my eyes.

I asked what they would accept as payment for the craft. One of them approached and touched me on the cheek. "There is only one thing we desire."

Source: members.cox.net/swift2plunder/freya/ship.html

[Guy 1] Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
[Guy 2] There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet
-anon.

Some people say that I must be a horrible person, but that's not true. I have the heart of a young boy -- in a jar on my desk.
- Stephen King

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
- John Wayne

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rich Cook

When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
- Stephen King

Jake: A barrel roll?
Yangfan: A BARREL ROLL
Yangfan: :D :D :D
Yangfan: Truly, the solution to all of life's problems.
Yangfan: You know, roll around its longest axis...
Yangfan: A BARREL ROLL
Yangfan: That way, your positron cannons point DOWN instead of UP.
Yangfan: Muy bien?
Jake: *grins*
Yangfan: XD
Jake: A barrel roll.
Yangfan: I'm quoting this... XD
Jake: I know.
Jake: That's how it went on Tom Green.
Yangfan: I see...

Even 50 foot aliens masturbated to 16-year-old Asian singing stars. Man, I loved the '80s.

-Anonymous friend, after watching an episode of Macross with me.
(He wouldn't want his name on the internet)

Church: There's no 'I' in 'team'

Griff: Yeah, well there's no 'you' either...so if I'm not on the 'team', and your not on the 'team', then there's no one on the goddamned 'team'. The team sucks.

-Red vs Blue

Saw this and had to post it...from the webcomic Questionable Content.

"My Limit Break involves a moose, the demon Baphomet, and a Kuiper Belt object. It takes four hours and you can't skip any of the cutscenes."

-Pintsize.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back