• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Battlefield Education: My Martial Arts Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy

I thought I'd misunderstood the first time, but now I've seen it posted twice...Kunio is in his first year at the school here like all of the other PCs. So he's in the tournament as well.

name: Damu Keita
species: NH-33 Neko
brief description: Misunderstood from the day she was out of the vat, somehow, Keita has a domineering personality that is interpreted as friendly and non-hostile as she includes others in half-thought out jokes and games. She is an adept fighter, though she doesn't think her actions through fully every time. She lives in the moment and isn't as quick-witted as she sees herself being. She is often left confused when the butt of her jokes laughs along with her or her opponent gets the best of her.

OH! I thought it was the Freshman Equivalent. I'll get together with you later, Reynolds and I'm going to ask you to JP since I suck at writing fights by myself.

Alright, updated the wiki with the newest NPCs. Some did not have styles or appearance mentioned, so I had to take a few guesses. If everyone's finished I'll fill out the last few positions and set up the next round of the tournament by tomorrow.

Unless you want to give me a random opponent, I'm not sure if I'm going to have time the rest of this week to write/post. Imma need you help Reynolds.

All you're missing out on is the chance to flesh out your character a bit more and add an NPC face to the school. And since you've had a good bit of time now to do both, and did not seem interested in suggesting an NPC for the council either, and also kept choosing to avoid setting up a fight, it doesn't seem like you'd be too upset about us moving on to the next round. It's been almost two weeks.

In other news, I updated the wiki pages with all of the positions filled (I gave Yuu an assistant position to open up some possibilities there). I also add the final NPC, and created a tournament tracking table towards the tbottom of the page. I hope it all makes sense.

We will have a short break here before the next round starts. I'll do a setup post on the weekend showing how the field is set up. This gives you a bit to chat about what you think about the upcoming fights.

So, rules are simple...decide who wins between yourselves. If you can't agree, or want to leave it to chance, tell me in a PM involving both of you and I'll flip a coin and let you know.

You can do your matches as alternating posts or a JP. However you can get it done. These all ICly happen on the same day, where everyone not in the match can watch it happening.

We will take another week or so break to talk about the results before moving on to the final round. Again, if the three involved can't work things out or want to be totally fair, PM me and I'll roll a die to figure out the winner.

If anyone can not see what's coming by being offered a 'unique opportunity' after winning a fighting tournament where we have several unknown super martial artists that have not yet appeared, please go look up the storyline for every fighting game ever.

Even without looking that up, it kind of makes me want to win. But do I want to win badly enough to give up the opportunity to lose? Bryn seems to use a pistol to fight with, Sarena's been taught to look for a weapon even when she's up against an unarmed Neko. I can imagine Sarena equipping herself with so much gear that she can't actually move, and losing the fight after she gets outmaneuvered.

What did we not read? I just reread the entire post. It seemed pretty clear. Zoia and Kunio were first, so we posted. We mentioned the Arena... What did we not read?

so, there was going to be more of a break in between the announcement and the fight? They could just take their post off for a little until they're supposed to have the fight.

I'll take the blame on this one, I was tired and didn't read. I'll remove the post until the fights begin and then put it back.

I was already called into work today unexpectedly, and have to cover another shift tomorrow. Thanksgiving week is going to be rough. If you don't see another post from me until the end of the week, that's why.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back