• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Battlefield Education: My Martial Arts Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy

I had just figured you all might want to have more preperation time and have a few chats. But yes, you can go ahead and post your fight scenes now. And then whatever reaction posts and stuff between this round and the next.

Do not play Rei.

Repeat. Do not play Rei, my player character, in your posts.

Ask me to be a part of your JP's if you want Rei in them.

Do not play Rei.

She was here the entire time, so I guess that wouldn't have been an issue in this case. Mostly just letting her know we needed Rei for the JP.

You don't play other people's characters. What Navian said is exactly right. I was here while you were JPing, you just need to have asked me to do it.

If I'm in a place where my character is unavoidable and I don't set up time to do a JP, especially as a co-GM, then I wouldn't throw a fit when someone uses my character for three lines. I'm going to let you do it, because Navian invited you. But I really don't see why you're acting like its a big deal. If three lines ruins your vision of a character, then I don't know how to help you.

You're making a lot of assumptions about what I want. All I expect is to be consulted before my character is used.

When you are GM forced into a setting, you tend to lose some of those rights. If you had a problem with the potential of Rei being played by other people, then you should have told Reynolds to not have her officiating the match.

Furthermore, it's a little immature that you are complaining over three lines of Dialogue. Reynolds stated you were the only one allowed in the ring due to your "experince" and thus you are the officiator. Rei "Officiated" the match. She got the ready, started the match, and called the winner. Literally three lines of dialogue. If that is going to bother you in the future, make sure your character isn't forced into other peoples scenes.

That cuts both ways, though... since it's only three lines, it's also very easy to get them right with her help. We might as well just do that.

That cuts both ways, though... since it's only three lines, it's also very easy to get them right with her help. We might as well just do that.

The jist message of my post remains. If three lines of Dialogue bothers her so much, then she should have told Reynolds not to put her character into a position where it /must/ be a part of the scene. It's not fair to the other RPers. I for one did not ask Ame to be in mine and Ham's JP, and because Rei is the Officiator, every single time I mentioned the "RTeacher" or the "Ref" it was Rei. No one else could have been in the ring by Reynolds Post.

She should have said something to reynolds, it's not our fault. We should not be expected to abide by her scheduel, she should have the foresight to realize she may not be available when the fights are ready to be JP'd, and taken action to assure he character was not used without her if it would be a problem. Acewing had it spot on. Ame's character was forced there. Ame is a Co-GM of this plot. If she is going to put her character into everyone's fight regardless, then she works by the players scheduels and decisions. If they get it done when she isn't online? tough luck. All she can ask for is that her character did nothing but the job she was there to do, which You and Acewing did perfectly fine.

I'm not opposed to the fact that you can easily change it, I am just shocked that she's whining so much about three lines of dialogue.

I was being rushed out the door when I found out and didn't see that it was only three lines. I just saw that someone had spelled samurai wrong and had her starting, ending, and counting all in Trade, when she speaks Yamataigo almost all the time. This is an important facet of her that I don't want to see lost. Not only that. It is against player's rights to play my character for me. I find it really awful how everyone here but Navian was willing to jump down my throat when I was simply caring about my character and how she is used. Nobody asked me to do a JP! I have a very open schedule and I could have JP'd this at any given time! I would also like to point out that I didn't call any of you out by name, I simply said not to do it. You didn't have to make this a big deal and could have realized you made an error and moved on, instead of making me go to the admin about your mistake. This is not how to RP and I'm upset that anyone would think it is the way to do things here.

Let Wes explain:
ai.imgur.com_bWkM8b4.jpg

This post was edited by staff to remove content that violated the Star Army Community Guidelines - Admin Wes
Well instead of opening up like
Do not play Rei.

Repeat. Do not play Rei, my player character, in your posts.

Ask me to be a part of your JP's if you want Rei in them.

Do not play Rei.

When no one actually has a choice but to have your character in their JP's for whatever reason she was forced to be there, you could have said

"Hey guys, I noticed you spelled Samurai wrong, and Rei speaks Yamataigo. Could you please change that over next time?"

And then you could of, IDK, read the whole thing before you crawled down someones throat like that.

EDIT
Honestly, at this point it just sounds like you want to hold JP's hostage. You're complaining people literally messed up two words, when I'm assuming you were a part of the decision. Maybe next time you have that conversation with Wes, you should say "These players have no choice but to include my character" before you start people are just using your character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or we could just invite her to the JP and make sure her character's played correctly in the first place. That would have been just as easy as asking her after, and probably better. Strictly by the rules, Ame needed to agree that her character would be officiating, and had the right to ask for an edit if her character was played incorrectly. She didn't have to be included in the JP, but that's an easier way to achieve the same effect, and it's an effect that needs to be achieved.

With her training and experience, Rei would be the only judge allowed on the field in case of any incidents, although Neena, Tavigo and the other faculty were close at hand to monitor the competition.

You are a Co-GM, which means that you have responsibilities. It means it would not be far fetched at all to think you were aware you would be in the ring. This part of Reynolds most recent post forces everyone fighting to have you involved in their JP's, which is a fact that you keep conveniently ignoring. If you did not like the idea of your character being potentially used without your "Consultation" then you should have told Reynolds to A) Not use your character as the officiator as you are the only one alowed ito the ring, or, asked him to remove her if you were not a part of the decision.

If you were unaware of the fact that he forced you to be the officiator, you should have opeed up with "Hey guys, why did you write for Rei in your posts" because I am fairly confident that neither NAvian or Acewig13 would use someone elses characters just for the Lulz. They would have to have solid reason.

Finally.

Two

Words

Was it seriously requiring of you coming in here like a creature of the night to crawl down Acewing ad NAvian's throat like that, over literally two words?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back