• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Battlefield Education: My Martial Arts Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy

Alright, so, next thread will definitely be a training class involving the new proper instructor. But, does anyone else have any requests or ideas?

Would our two teachers perhaps be interested in doing a little 'montage' in opening posts showing what their own classes are normally like? Or we could start the thread with one person's class ongoing and lead into the other at the end, and do the training in another thread after. Or, I dunno, JPs?

Just seeing what y'all are thinking and interested in.

I’m cool with anything really, i reckon it would be cool to have practical and theory stuff in the thread like schools irl but I’m fine with either and keiko just does whatever work she’s given and tries way too hard on studying

Like assuming they've been going to classes for a few weeks and showing little snippets of what would be going on. Highlights. Funny situations you think each student might get into, or things they experienced as a group.

Cool! If our teachers want to brainstorm some setups and maybe get in touch with our students to see what they think, how they might react? Just be thinking about that premise. I think this might be a good time to invite new players, if I run into anyone interested, hmmm...

Thanks to our two teachers, there's a new thread up! Hopefully your new assignment is easy to understand. The last thread will remain unlocked for another week or two, in case anybody wants to squeeze in a final post or two, but it seems fairly well wrapped up.

This is a great time for new players to join, as well! If we get some new students, I can either add extra NPCs to the opposing team, or you can join the fight against our current motley crew if you really want...!

I'll tag @Charaa here, and maybe @Ametheliana knows of others who have been looking for new plots to join. I'm not sure where else to post recruitment messages on here, I'll probably just poke around on the Discord.

I haven't yet made the character, just started on the link, but I wanted to make sure my character was gonna be called Makoto Isurako, I may or may not have created the last name from my imagination, not sure if i heard that one before. I wasn't sure what to call her, but i am willing to change it if @Reynolds wants to something more Japanese appropriate or Norse appropriate.

Names aren't a big deal, really. Plenty of Neko are named after objects, fruits, flowers, etc. Most of the Japanese names I use are jokes, including the ones involved in this assignment. One is particularly silly.

I wanted to check in with everyone else and see how you all think this little wargame is being conducted, and also how you'd prefer to see things go down.

From the description our teachers gave, I was picturing this as the equivalent of a paintball game, or perhaps some flag/touch football. No weapons, no guns, etc. Basically if you can catch and tackle/grab/subdue someone, they're considered 'out' and captured. If you would prefer everyone be able to have practice weapons, or any other considerations, let me know.

i rekon hand to hand would be pretty fun to write, though if they wanted to go full simulation mode you could give paintguns and wood swords to the ambushers

though Keiko has been spurred onto the warpath so even without a weapon she's ready to break arms if people try to stop her

RPG-D RPGfix
Back