• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Day 1] Getting Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Getting Started

"I did not say his transgressions were forgiven, Sky Marshall." Tio said, standing to meet the Nepleslian eye to eye. "I merely stated that at this time I do not see it feasible for us to pursue legal action against the former Emperor. He has left the Empire, has fled beyond our reach. Not to mention there is a lack of evidence save for a single conversation between yourself, my mother, and he."

Tio said, "Uesu lives outside of the influence of the Yamatai government, perhaps that in itself is just. The people of Yamatai know of the truth now, they also know that he provided them with leadership and did not do all harm to them. He has gone, and likely will not return. If he does I am sure our government will consider your request for a trial. It is not within our means to press this further. "

"Who exactly is supposed to locate, catch up to, and take on his 300,000-ship fleet?" Hanako asked, still wishing she could blast Melisson in the head with her pistol. "Surely that would cost far more lives than the attack on Nepleslia Prime did in the first place. It's the same situation with Doctor Shinichiro. None of us know where the scientist is these days. You're asking for punishment we cannot deliver, at least not in the foreseeable future."

"Who said anything about fighting? You were like a daughter to Ayame and him, weren't you Hanako? Surely better can be done than a frontal assault." Melisson rolled her eyes. "Right now, Former-Emperor Uesu is still at large with assets sufficiently powerful enough to have him be able to enter into conflict with any faction present here and thus pose a threat. While understandably members gathered here might be unwilling to have him come to harm, there is nonetheless the concern of eliminating the harm he could yet do in the future and removing him indefinitely from the political arena."

The pink-skinned woman rested her chin back on her hands. "The punishment could be to strip him from his material assets, withdraw him access to ST facilities as well as the deletion of any current recording, and then relegate him to living inside an environment where there will be no technology to be had, no modern conveniences - nothing."

She raised an eyebrow. "Giving Uesu a farmer's life for the rest of his days could be the sort of compromise which might satisfy many here to a degree. I used such a measure for some of my opponents in the past and it both got them out of my legs and gave them a measure of peace once they managed to grow self-sufficient enough to enjoy that kind of life."

"If we have a recording of his Soul why do we not simply try that?" The Legate asked, "It is, to all intents and purposes, him - indeed we could use the recording to discern the truth of the plague. Perhaps they would contain information over the location of the other nine. We somehow doubt that one as intelligent as the late Emperor would have left a recording behind to be treated in such a fashion however. We also fear that you make little sense to us, how are we to strip Uesu of his assets if they amount to a battle fleet of 300,000 ships? Your fantasy of giving him a farmers life would appear to be based on the idea that he will return willingly with such a fate awaiting him - which is contrary to the nature of humans."

"Uesu effectively ran away and left the Ketsurui clan and the rest of the Empire to twist in the wind," Melisson replied. "He's contented himself with being a scapegoat and perhaps even martyring himself for the empire instead of truly taking responsability for his actions."

"If Uesu can be appealed to come back for the purpose of answering his crimes for the death of the people at Nepleslia Prime and tell us about the other nine people involved in the plague along with thier whereabouts, he will be going a long way to bearing up not only for atoning for his past actions but also to greatly benefit the Empire and its neighbors." She smiled. "Wouldn't this be noble on his part? Wouldn't Hanako or Yui have the power to convince him of doing this much, especially if the end result won't have him killed in the end?" She paused. "Coming to grip with guilt and regret can be healing of itself, as long as empty pride does not get overmuch in the way."

Hanako frowned. "Perhaps we should see if he can be contacted and return to this discussion when we know the result. I suggest we move onto the topic of peace treaties, and then perhaps agreements on prisoners of war."

Aegis raised her brow at the round about method spoken of by the Empire, she could not help but to think of them as once again dancing around the core of the issue at hand.

"If he has 300,000 ships, then destroy those ships, or those who are loyal to him will assist him at all costs. That is the way of your Ketsurui samurai, is it not? There is no way to simply capture him and put him to a simple life or even execute him without him becoming a martyr to the extremists within the Empire which may have found the plague to be a good thing.

Create this 'copy' of him utilizing this ST data that you have in your possession, and question him. I do support this idea, and my people will even facilitate the forced extraction of information if it must be so. However, I do suggest this copy be destroyed to limit the potential of it being copied before we can bring the original Useu to justice. Be sure to remove his access to methods which would allow him to copy himself repeatedly as well, like this Shinichiro that we spoke of just moments ago.

The Lorath Matriarchy would gladly assist in any efforts to apprehend the former Emperor for questioning and trial as well. I am quite sure we would be able to provide a crucial technological advantage which would allow a mere handful of ships in relation to Useu's fleet to prevail in combat. I am quite sure those of you which come from the Yugumo Cluster are quite aware of the Lorath's capability and technology in relation to denying your aether... I would think this would allow your people to easily dominate in a confrontation against the former Emperor.

However, for now, I will side with the princess and promote a peaceful debate which may save us all the trouble..."

Hmph... peace treaties, more like demands of surrender knowing her. Aegis' face did not betray her feelings however as she surveyed the emotional situation of the room.

Maysaki kept quiet until Hanako (And senator Aegis) spoke of peace. "I third that proposal to shift the topic again, as there simply isn't anything we can DO right now on that subject." She paused.

"However, before we begin talks of peace... I think it would be best to know exactly why the Mishhu and Yamatai are fighting. By that I mean the Mishhu's motive. From the source..." She shot a quick glare over to Hanako almost to dare her to go on some spiel before looking to Melisson. "... If... There is no complaint from you. As you'd be the story teller."

Ayana kept her silence as they started parroting each other. She looked down at the note quizzically read it curiously. She looked over at the Kohanian representative and nodded politely. To say that the senator was intrigued as to what the lioness had to say to her and Tio was an understatement. She looked back between the arguing speakers again.

She wasn't pleased that they as the Yamataian senate was being asked to violate their own laws in regards to ST transfers and the rights of the citizen, but this is what she had been arguing about. Did Uesu as a mass murderer have the same rights and protections under their law as a citizen who hadn't done anything wrong?

"The problem here lies in the fact that the Yamataian senate has recently passed a law concerning what is a legal or illegal usage of someone's Soul Transfer back-up. This again brings up the question, does Uesu now have the same rights as a law abiding citizen to not have his ST back-up misused in this way? Are we violating his civil liberties by even considering to create a life from the back-up while the original still exists for the purpose of questioning?"

"In that case we suggest you either change your laws or give up what could be a could be an essential lead," The Legate replied, "Constitutions must remain flexible or they will fall - you did not have a situation like this in mind when you created such measures."

"Actually, I did express concern over instances such as this but they got pushed aside by the proposing parties," Ayana replied rather sheepishly, not looking at Hanako.

"But I feel that since Uesu has violated the law we should use whatever means we can to get this information. I feel that we need to mend some of the wounds before we can even move forward with our peace talks with Nepleslia, because how can they expect us to act in the future if such a thing occurs if we can't address their concerns right now? We need to be consistent in our methods, if we truly wish for a new beginning then I think we should take this step. Unless of course, his adopted children can bring their father home to face a jury rather than a lynch mob. If he is willing to come home peacefully, I'd rather see that happen before we bring a new life into our world of a man we already know is still alive and well in order to possibly execute him."

Aegis frowned, she knew full well that the Ketsurui have managed to prevail yet again in their quest to block the movement to peace, this time through the senate.

"I suggest we utilize a third party which is not bound by the laws of the Empire, an example of such would be the Elysian government. Through the aid of a third party, we can evade the troublesome matter of legal contradiction and still strike to the heart of the matter. However, if the Elysian government is not willing, then we will have to consult another third party which can be discussed at a later time."

Judgement slowly sat forward in her seat, looking to Aegis.

"It would seem to me, from listening to this discussion as I have been, that if you are speaking of them," She poiinted to the Legate. "To be the third party that tries this Uesu, that would not be a fair trial. From what I understand, they have a vested interest in the outcome as well. It was thier people who were blamed for this plague of which you all speak. Therefore, it is my opinion that another party needs to be discussed to hold and preside over the trials...Of course, I know not of the inner workings of all of your court systems, and maybe I am far off in my assumption."

She turned her paws palm up in a show of resignation, and leaned back in her chair.

Aegis nodded, it seemed that the Kohannan had an idea of the right approach, but on the other hand Aegis could not think of another third party than one which may end up causing the Matriarchy to be scolded. "Do the Nepleslians know of any third parties which may be able to assist in the retreival and trial process, maybe a party that by chance has no stake in this conference today?"

Internally, Aegis hoped that the Nepleslians would understand who she hinted at.

"Any idea to bring back Uesu by illegally using ST data is and I will personally execute anyone who tries," Yui warned. "For by our laws, such a crime warrants the death penalty."

Maysaki shot a glare, a glare filled with anger. Subconsciously she realized that a good chunk of this was to Neko in general, this... This HIGH noble-ness they all had that made them seemly better then everyone.

They were weapons. Weapons were not allowed here.

"Taisho Yui. Your minor summoning is over. You are free to leave. Actually, I have to go and say for you to leave now. Neither you, nor Hanako for that matter, and helping these talks of peace. Hanako, though, still is permitted to stay. You, however, are NOT a member of the senate, or the crown Prince."

A thought occurred to her. Why the FUCK was a Taisho here anyway?!

Aegis let out an audible snort. "Yui, you may be the mistress to your nekovalkryja cultists, but you can't impose your will upon everyone. A third party is not bound by the laws of our Empire, thus you have no legal grounds to carry out an execution. If you persist in making your threat, then you just openly declared war in the middle of a peace conference. Yui, I do not think you are that dense to do such a thing."

"Ketsurui-Taisho, I respect your opinion on this matter but I believe that unless you or Ketsurui-Taisa are going to assist us with other alternatives, you should go. As his daughter your participation here is a conflict of interest and can be detrimental to accomplishing our goals of prosecuting him for his crimes against Nepleslia and Yamatai. I want to resolve a method of maintaining his civil liberties as well as accomplishing things within the means of the law so justice can be done. You should know above all others that some things need to be taken into consideration during desperate times. Unless of course, you are condoning the slaughter of our allies to force them into this war.

Either way, threatening members of this Summit is contrary to the purpose of why we are gathered and I would rather not have to see you put on trial for treason," Ayana said rather coldly. She was not amused by the display of bravado.

"I will defend Yamatai and its laws. ANY SENATOR who ignores the laws that the senate ITSELF has created is a criminal and a traitor!" Yui shouted, advancing on Maysaki. "You have no authority over me, senator. My allegiance is only to Katsuko and to the people of Yamatai, which primarily are composed of Nekovalkyrja soldiers. So, I warn you again, if you attempt to create a new Uesu in some sick, lawless quest for revenge, I will punish you as you deserve. Yamatai will not disgrace itself further by ignoring its own laws to satisfy the idiotic, misguiding wishes of other nations!"

Maysaki rose up from her seat, glaring at Yui with seemly controlled anger. "I will warn you, Yui, of a subtle fact. I could quite possibly turn the Warmaster worlds..." She strayed off, deciding to not go on that note apparently. "No, I won't go there." And that confirmed that, "Thats all well and nice Yui, it was just a small idea. Raised by someone else. Thats fine. This is just talk at the moment. HOWEVER, my misguided warrior 'friend'" Finger quotes! "While the rules of this conference probably doesn't state Neko as a weapon for the sole reason of Hanako, you are still NOT invited into the conference area past that one summoning for a question. Thus you may go and leave. Now. Don't be..." She paused, then smirked, "Don't be a Drama-Llama."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back