• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Day 1] Getting Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Getting Started

"That is unfortunate. Is it that you wish to turn these proceedings into a hostage negotiation, or simply using the information for political leverage and shock value?" The Legate asked calmly, "It is certainly an undesirable state of affairs to having two souls existing at the same time, and yet we doubt that Princess Hanako did so in order to escape justice, unlike our quarry. However with your personal crusade against Yamatai it would not surprise us if you saw the situation differently."

Melisson frowned. "Ah. No, that's not what I meant. Maybe I'm being a little too truthful. Well kept secrets are just fun to reveal sometimes - I don't usually indulge myself in villainish exposition," the interpreter heaved her small shoulders in a shrug. "Point is, Shinichiro is likely the man you want the most. He was in charge with a hefty part of the ills some people perceived from Yamatai in regard to the plague and the NH-19s."

Through all of this, the Mistress of Judgement clicked her extended fingerclaws on the tabletop, looking between each person as they spoke. Frequently she would look down at her file and jot sidenotes to herself. She would not bring up the injustice that was shown to her own people and their way of life, there was enough drama being created on all sides that one more thing would not benefit anyone.

While the Legate, the representative of the Matriarchy, and the SMX interpreter argued back and forth, she folded her paws, closed her eyes, and leaned back in her chair, humming softly to herself as deep breaths flared her nostrals. At the sound of the door opening, the Kohanian opened one eye to the entrance of Yui. This elicited a response, as the mistress' lip curled in a snarl to the head of the Star Destroyers.

Was it not for the fact she had to present a better image of her people, Judgement would have lept from her chair and attempted to tear the woman's throat out...But that was something the Wild Ones would do, and that had no place in a meeting of peace such as this. With a huff of anger, the Kohanian closed her eyes and went back to meditating, giving the concerns of the other delegates just a passive ear again.

"We thank you for revealing that information. You clearly have been investigating this situation for some time, so what can you tell us of the other ten? We assume that you have not poured all of your resources into finding solely Shinichiro." The Legate said smoothly with the smallest of smiles gracing her lips, "Perhaps we should not strategically deploy others' secrets for our advantage in these talks, although we can understand that you would not want to lose that particular tool."

"Give myself back to me," Hanako ordered Melisson.

Aegis could not help but to quirk her brow at Hanako's demand, it was quite amusing to say the least.

Karael could not help but be amused by the grammatical form that Hanako's statement was in, although did not show this on her face, "It would seem that we doing have a hostage situation after all, perhaps you should exchange terms and conditions so that we can removing this 'stumbling block' to peace."

Ayana looked at Hanako quizzically. This was the point she had brought up when the Taisa made the ST transfer proposal and why she had voiced objection to it on the grounds of terminology and length of time. Does anyone have any right to place a time on the amount of time before your family gives up hope of retrieving you? Is three months really long enough to give up on captured military personnel? She thought bitterly to herself.

She had decided to mind her own opinion for now, she seemed to be doing too much talking for Yamatai as a whole when she knew the Crown Prince, and the other Senators should say something towards this argument.

Maysaki couldn't help herself but chuckle softly as Hanako made a fool out of herself. "... Princess... Can... We quote that? I am sure people would love it 'For the lulz' as some Nepleslians say."

She then coughed into her hand a little, "... Anyway... Thats... more of a personal manner, isn't it? That should wait until later."

Davis stood up. He thought carefully while the verbal fights were flying back and forth throughout the room. A little emotion was to be forgiven.

"I have a feeling that things are beginning to get out of hand," he began. "A lot of anger, disdain and arrogance is spreading throughout this room. We are approaching a dangerous point in these negotiations if we are to try to get something out of them."

He tapped his fist gently on the table.

"I motion for negotiations to be limited to one argument at a time, until after which we will move onto other issues. Since the first topic of debate had to do with Nepleslia, I would appreciate we remained on that topic for some time."

"That being said, I must reiterate that Nepleslia still seeks justice from those responsible for the plague, each member equally responsible for the actions of the past. This is an issue that cannot simply be ignored, as to do such would be an insult to all those in this room."

He cleared his throat. Issues of jurisdiction? Time to do a little political maneuvering.

"As for the attack on Nepleslia Prime, Nepleslia seeks to have those who issued the order held accountable for their actions. The attack was a callous effort to drag two nations to war which resulted, fortunately, in the deaths of few rather than many. The former Emperor, as leader of SAINT I believe, will be expected to stand trial for this. With the loss of 25 ships due to a surprise attack, averaging personnel, it would approximate over 200 counts of murder on the man's head. This, neatly, renders issues of jurisdiction irrelevant."

The Sky Marshall brought a cool view to all those in the room.

"I don't see why everyone is having such a difficult time accepting what Nepleslia wants from this. Give her Uesu and apprehend as many as possible who are responsible for the plague, as well as issue a formal apology for recent actions and Nepleslia will be content with that. The healing process can then begin."

Melisson turned to listen to the Premier, held her peace until he was finished. "Me first, then. I will answer Hanako's demand."

She turned to face Hanako. "No. You didn't even finish up with please."

"You, the Third, are but a spiteful, ungrateful child. All the kindnesses I have given you - the agreement to pull back from Lor and to stay the hand of the other taskforce commander in the area, the plans of the structural layout of the new flagship types, the revealing the dormant flagships still being built in Higaflan and helping you defeat the flagship accompanying the fleet attacking Nataria - all of these you have returned only with spite. Even when you foolishly got into your head to try and kill me after the Battle of Nataria despite me helping you win it, I still spared your life."

Melisson hissed in displeasure and narrowed her eyes. "You've used up your favors. I have no reason to heed any demands of yours; most especially considering that I do not know what will happen to her if I return her to Yui. It was already tough enough to save her from Eve... I am not sending her back just so Yui can stuff her into yet another ill-fated gunship."

Ayana considered what the Premier wanted: Uesu and whoever from PNUgen survived to face trial for their actions. "I second the Sky Marshall's motion to keep this on task.

I see no issue with arresting the people responsible for the plague or arresting Uesu for his crimes but I cannot say the same for the Ketsuruis that are with us right now. I also see no problem with issuing a formal apology either, but," Ayana paused and looked at the Crown Prince sitting beside her. "What say you, Motoyoshi-sama?"

Slowly, the piercing blue eyes of the Kohanian delegate opened and she came back to watching the posturing and negotiating going on around her.

Picking up her pen with her left paw, the lioness began to scrawl something down in her races runic language, canting her head one way, then the other as she pondered what she was trying to convey. Finally settling on the content, she began to pen a letter, or more appropriately a note, and then stood from her seat and slid the paper along the tabletop with two clawed digits, until it rested at Ayana's elbow. Confident that the representative, and so far wisest voice of those gathered, would read it and take proper action.

Sitting back in her seat, she looked over the first draft she had written and smiled.

Wise One, I wish to meet with yourself and your male companion after our talks have been concluded. I wish to speak with the both of you on a matter very close to mine, and my people's, hearts. If you wish to hold our meeting at a sooner time, then if we are given a recess for an evening meal, that might be appropriate, if you so deem.

Signed, Mistress of Judgement
Voice of the Kingdom of Kohana

Roxanne was glad for Davis.

Otherwise, she was sick of everyone already. No one but Davis seemed to carry any objectivity to them. Melisson might have some of it, but she had her own desires, and Roxanne was at this point the only one who seemed to care about the actual citizens of Yamatai.

But where the hell was she supposed to interject in this? It was a partisan mess. She kept quiet. Real work was not done in committee anyway; she wanted to speak to Melisson herself.

"Now now, Melisson. Don't get Hanako hostile, please." Maysaki flashed the woman a quick smile, "And I do agree to keep it on topic... If anyone has something else to say, then they can keep it to themselves for now." A look then was applied to Hanako for a moment.

"Regardless... I don't think arresting Uesu is too horrible of a prospect. Albeit I was under the impression he ran off in a untraceable manner, but I'm probably wrong." Maysaki paused, and then leaned back, done with her talking again. She looked over to Roxanne at her side and rolled her eyes. The gesture of annoyance didn't seem to be at her, though.

Tio had heard merely all that he could stand, so far the delegates had proven their inability to proceed in any kind of due process. He said, "As the host of this discussion, I respectfully ask that we remain focused on the first issue; being the attack on Nepleslia Prime. The other matter can be scheduled for discussion at a later time."

Tio focused on the Sky Marshall, "The former Emperor Ketsurui Uesu has fled beyond the scope of our normal operational area. I can only offer that I can request that he stand trial for his actions, to have an opportunity for justice to be served. Sadly his appearance for that trail will be at his own discretion, and Yamatai will not support any penalty which includes his torture or death."

He frowned, "Sadly, most of the documentation on the plague and the company that made it have been destroyed. To place every employee of the former company under arrest would be a disservice to justice. Not to mention it leaves us with a substantial lack of evidence."

He then focused on the more central issue, the attack on Nepleslia Prime . "I surely hope that the words of your subordinate are exaggerated, for if it is true that the people of Nepleslia will "want blood" for the attack on Prime. I believe that will make you no more innocent than those responsible for the attack. This matter cannot be solved with the letting of more blood. The people of our nations need peace, they need the killing to stop. That is the foundation of everything we come here for today."

He turned to address Taisho Yui, "Taisho, with all due respect and at the desire of the crown, I have been asked by the Empress to request that SAINT be dissolved, and that you work along side the Imperial family to reformulate the Empire's intelligence organization into a body that can be regulated, still look out for the security and prosperity of our nation but also answer to the people of the nation it serves."

Melisson remained quiet after the Prince's attempt at moderation and listened. The mention of dissolving SAINT had her tilt her head slightly.

Yui sent a message to Katsuko:

Dissolving SAINT is like gouging out our eyes. Without intelligence-gathering, our military effectiveness is blunted severely. As a Taisho you should know that better than anyone.

Coded and Quantum Encrypted Message to Yui:
I am not removing them, just suggesting that the organization be reformulated to better serve the Empire. Changing their command structure, reorganization of their deployment strategy. The point is to make the organization "appear" different. As to allow them to keep doing their job without the stigma of these unfortunate revelations hampering them. Change the cover, not the book -- Well maybe a few pages... We can discuss it when you get home.

It is not up to Nepleslia to manage our intelligence affairs, but perhaps beneficial to make them think they have made some kind of influential change.

The Sky Marshall stood up, quick to reply.

"While Nepleslia appreciates your pursuit of peace, we feel it is absolutely imperative that the former emperor bear responsibility for his actions. It is obvious that Uesu will not willingly go to a trial that will end up having dire consequences for him. Perhaps the citizens of Yamatai are willing to forgive his repeated transgressions, however it's impossible to assume this gives him the freedom to continue behaving independently in the eyes of other nations."

He rubbed his chin.

"If we are going to argue on the cultural differences between our respective nations citizens as well," Davis began, referring to Tio 'no more innocent' statement, "If the roles between Uesu and myself had been reversed it is my opinion that the feasibility of your statement would be impossible."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back