• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genesis [Episode 2] A Maiden's Voyage

Masami trailed along behind Rikou, playing the role of a good little samurai to perfection, as only someone who had been training their whole life could. Completely invisible, and yet completely present, all at once, in that confusing way some people had. She definitely wasn't leaving Rikou's side while new people were coming aboard, not until she'd had a chance to take their measure, at least. Once she had a grasp on the situation, and a mental picture of everyone in the crew (just in case, of course), she could go get her scarce possessions settled into her new room, which she'd picked to stay as close to her hime-sama, naturally.

A middle-aged man spat on the ground as he hefted himself from the car. He was dressed in some sort of western attire, but not the hideous stuff you usually see on performers on Nepleslia Prime. Instead, a conservative pair of black slacks and a matching vest with a simple bolo hanging over the collar gave to a more stately look. Over it, he wore his Origin coat unbuttoned, and above leathery features sat a wide brimmed black hat with a tiny, shiny Origin hat pin nestled into the band.

He looked like he was scowling. Spencer Franklin was the name of the older man with a wandering eye and a furrowed brow. His very essence wasn't unlike that of a stone on that particular day.

"Yamataians." He muttered, a sort of darkness in his tone, "Yamataians everywhere."

After the, according to her tastes, hidiously wild western space cowboy exited the vehicle, she out the other door herself.

A young woman, black, braided hair with white highlights, clearly not the old-grey hair kind, who was wearing standard Origins attire but with pants.
She looked a little annoyed and gave the man somewhat of a sneering look as he seemed to comment negatively on the people around them.

For a Nepleslian herself she had a rather unpleasant ride with the member of her own species, but she quickly forgot about it as her eyes fell upon what her exact surroundings were.
Filled with different people of different species, different cultures, all working together, to the eye, seemingly peaceful and coherent.

The woman's began to shine with glee as a soft, modest smile appeared on her face. Moving away from the Hovercar, her lightly dufflebag hanging from her shoulder.
She noticed the small welcoming party, and had started to further ignore her fellow Nepleslian.
She smiled to the group, quickly taking note of the sheathed sword that dangled besides one of the people, "odd,..." she commented quietly to herself.

Then, taking her place in front of the group, smiling gently still.
"Excuse us for being so late to the party, I've heard we've missed a fenominal introduction of the ship's new captain, much hilarity, little formalities and even a princess? Seems like a good place to be." she spoke with a calm, soothingly deep voice, the slight hazy crackle only made it ever more suitable for book-readings and planetary wild-life documentaries.

"The name's Amethyst Stockford, glad to be part of the ship's crew." she added with a hint of enthusiasm as she looked at the group.

“Yes Ma’am… errr.. Shinon. I did note the fact we didn’t have any Mindys on board. I was a little confused.” Shrugging she continued without much of a breath, “When can I get a chance to try on a suit and try it out. And where could I find your second, I would be nice to meet him also. If we about being informal are uniforms mandatory or can we choose what we ware?” Suddenly she shut up and started blushing, she realized that she just blasted off a lot at her CO and probably looked like a total flake, especially after how clumsy she was getting off the shuttle. She tried to brush her uniform flat and stood trying to look non-formal but respectful at the same time, the combo made her look like she was trying too hard, to look casual.

"No now, no need to be such a downer." Sierra spoke softly at the man, cringing a little but trying hard to ignore it as he spat on the ground of the hanger- she was glad for the diversion caused by Amethyst, and turned her attention toward the Nepleslian woman.

"Ah, good, now that you both are here, we'll be able to get everything going as soon as the hour is up- Which is rather soon, actually," The Junior Executive prattled a bit, turning around and noticing that Rikou had followed her.

"Oh! This here is our Captain- She is Princess Ketsurui Rikou" Redheaded Sierra introduced, stepping aside and allowing the young princess to step forward.

"Welcome to the Genesis" Rikou began, looking at both of the newcomers with a smile. "I'd give you a tour, but I've only just arrived myself, so we'll get to take it all in together, I suppose." she chuckled, amused by the thought, before turning and motioning to the fifty or so people milling about the Genesis. "I'd suggest going and trying to meet new friends right now- Everyone will be working together for a while, so the sooner you get to know people, the longer you can be friends!" For the princess, this seemed like an exciting prospect.

"Franklin." Spencer finally introduced himself, shuffling a duffel from one shoulder to the other, with a deep gravelly voice not unlike a bear, "Spencer Franklin, Quartermaster. I ain't here to make friends, so you can just show me to the cargo bay and lock the door behind you."

Spencer was about to point a leathery finger at the next person who said anything to him, but he was pretty much left staring at the samurai, who had been fairly quiet up until this point. He grumbled to himself, but otherwise kept silent as he nodded to each of them and moved forward towards the ship, duffle bag in tow. Then, as if remembering some minor detail, he stopped in place and turned back towards the others.

"Captain Rikou." He started, narrow eyes looking at her over crows peaks, "Our inventory will be in front of you almost immediately after we're under way. I assume that will be soon enough?"

Shinon looked at the young neko with smile. A barrage of questions and idea. This one seemed different from Shimei-chan who was quite shy, this one was curious and was not afraid to ask. Shinon like that and with informal thing that was going on Genesis it really was fine.

"Well my 'second-in-command', if you could call it that is Kin Nakamura Nito-heisho. Be sure to say hello to him later. As for Impulse training, you can bet we will do that a lot. I want the team to be ready." She then paused for a while before addressing last mentioned thing. "Well there is no dress-code so to speak, or at least the topic did not came out yet. But you still ares soldier of Star Army. I am not sure about you, but I plan to wear my uniform." She finished with smile.

She felt very commander-like at that moment. It was really her first time having talk like this with her direct subordinante and it felt good. At least until Shinon got around what YuYu was talking just a minute ago. She looked at YuYu, then at the samurai, then at Rüd and then back to YuYu.

"Oh!" She started explaining herself, which was really not best idea. "It is not like that. It is not like anything. I wasn't- I am not-!" She finally freezed before turning to Yoko. "This is all your fault!" Shinon said, her face completely red.

Rikou said:
"Welcome to the Genesis" Rikou began, looking at both of the newcomers with a smile. "I'd give you a tour, but I've only just arrived myself, so we'll get to take it all in together, I suppose." she chuckled, amused by the thought, before turning and motioning to the fifty or so people milling about the Genesis. "I'd suggest going and trying to meet new friends right now- Everyone will be working together for a while, so the sooner you get to know people, the longer you can be friends!" For the princess, this seemed like an exciting prospect.

Amethyst smiled at both Rikou and the redheaded girl.
"Sounds cewl!..*ahem Cool" she brought out a little calmer and with less of an accent. "Mhhh, I'd like to get to know everyone a little better,... but,... Miss?" she began asking as she turned to the redheaded girl, her right palm facing upward as she pointed at the girl with her index finger "I... didn't catch your name?"

"And,...." she added, contemplating, but her lips graced with a faint smile as she looked at the samurai "Neither did I catch who you are. But I can't help but compliment on the sword, family weapon? heritage?" she asks calmly, but curiosity creeping through, even with her calm, relaxed pose.

Masami's normally soft blue eyes turned their currently very hard stare on Amethyst again, having decided for the moment that new 'Quartermaster' (though why a ship with an AI needed such a thing...) wasn't much of a threat, just an ass. A request to identify herself though, should be given a clear, legitimate response, in the interests of clarifying the situation if nothing else. "My name is Masami. My only purpose in being here is to protect Hime-sama. In your interests though," and Masami glanced over towards the rest of the crew, who were slowly filtering back out of the bay still, "You should try and meet as much of the crew as you can now, though. We will be moving out soon, and you won't have a chance to meet people until later once we do." That last was directed at both Amethyst and Spencer, the comment about her sword going unanswered as a question that was inappropriate to the situation, and something she could discover on her own.

Masami said:
Masami's normally soft blue eyes turned their currently very hard stare on Amethyst again
The sudden stare, made Ame wince a little, but all that showed this was a short tensioning of her jaw's muscles.

She waited calmly for the lady to finish talking before she would respond again.
And as she did, with a coolish, but not dead-cold voice,... more calculated and perhaps with the purpose of bringing the lady off balance "Masami, I am trying to meet as much of the crew as I can. As from what I understand, Rikou and you are part of it just as well. Though now you're stalling me in what you encourage me to do,... or is this some sort test?"
She finished talking,... leaving her face with a little smile. 'Your turn' rang throughout her pose and aura as her arms slipped over and across eachother, the duffle bag dangling from her elbow now.

"That is fine, Mister Franklin. Don't worry about taking too long, so long as i get it by the end of our first flight will be fine with me, Thank you." The young princess responded to the Quartermaster's query, smiling at him, before turning interestedly to the other conversation going on next to her.

"O-Oh!" Sierra blustered as she realized she had forgotten to introduce herself- She had been used to everyone knowing her on the ship by now, and those who had arrived early had been briefed on who would be around, so introductions had been simpler that day roughly a week ago.
"I'm Sierra Merkur, the Origin Lead for this little venture" she introduced herself, bowing a little in apology.

When she was done, Rikou spoke up. "Oh, don't mind Masami, Miss Stockford; She's just like that. She's always grown up just a bit more formal than I have, and I'm a Princess. She's naturally a bit wary of all new people, even if they've been cleared." She smiled a gentle smile in response to Amethyst's own passive-aggressive smile that had been directed toward Masami, in an attempt to diffuse any tension that might have developed.

Sensing he was getting nowhere, Rüd surrendered the hope of getting legitimate business done. New business then: test the ship's filtration system with the fresh box of Nepleslian cigars hiding in the Abwehran's room.

"S'pose I'll be going," he said softly to the gaggle of women. The Nightwalker anticipated few, if any, would hear him, which was just as well. His stride was swift, covering all the more ground with his long legs. Soon! Soon he'd have a nice little distraction clamped between his jaws.

Spencer could've reassured the captain that his task would be completed sooner. He could've even suggested that they just let the ship's computer handle it and let him keep to just maintaining it. Instead, the middle-aged Nepleslian just grumbled again and made for the entrance leading to the ship's hangar. As he passed the frame of the ship and all the workers, he thought to himself again the same thought that had been bringing a grimace to his face for the entirety of the trip, since receiving his orders in the first place.

He was technically a sub-contractor for the Yamataian government at this point. Which meant, to his mind, that he would have to satisfy the whims of bouncy lesbian neko officers with a superiority complex. So far, it seemed that his captain was proving him right by indulging in pointless banter with the new female crew member, and looking so darn cute doing it. That was the problem, after all, they all looked so darn cute. Even the samurai had a sort of 'soon-dare-ey' kind of cuteness about her. It all struck Spencer the wrong way.

His brooding took him all the way to the ramp leading into the hangar, where he stopped to pull a pouch of tobacco and a rolling paper from the breast of his Origin uniform coat. He created a perfect cylinder of compressed tobacco between calloused fingers and eyes the hangar bay beyond the threshold before him.

"Whelp." He said, tilting his head to get a better look inside, "Guess it's time to suck it up, Spence."

Masami bowed slightly to Rikou, her face still completely blank despite whatever opinions she might have about the situation. "Forgive me, Hime-sama, Stockford-san. I did not mean to offend. I simply meant to convey that we have to move on as well, so she would be best suited to talking to other crew members for the time being, no more." Her voice had a guarded tone to it, despite her clear face.

Yoko couldn't help but grin as the Neko took note and quickly joined in on the fun. "Ha, it that obvious she's eyin that goil Yumeko??" she asked playfully. "Not that it's a bad choice or anythin," she went on, ever smiling. At Rued's officia-timey explanation though, she accepted the challenge with a cocky "Heh," before nodding to him. It was right about then that Shinon suffered a critical hull breach and started venting atmosphere everywhere.

""D'aww!" the Nepleslian raised Geshrin started teasingly, briefly pinching her red cheek.. "It's okay Shinon, we love ya no matter what. It's not like yous become a different goil all of a sudden - youa still you, yaknow?" Yoko pointed out soothingly, gripping the woman's shoulder in a comforting manner with a smile. "Though it's cute, seein yous likea cheawy, yashoudn't let it bother ya much, kay? See ya two a bit latea," she explained a bit more before leaving.

She then called out to the departing Abwehran man with a wave, "Ey! You wanted to see somethin of mine, yeah?" she asked Rued with a grin.

Sierra Merkur said:
"O-Oh!" Sierra blustered as she realized she had forgotten to introduce herself- She had been used to everyone knowing her on the ship by now, and those who had arrived early had been briefed on who would be around, so introductions had been simpler that day roughly a week ago.
"I'm Sierra Merkur, the Origin Lead for this little venture" she introduced herself, bowing a little in apology.

Amethyst shook her head the tiniest bit before smiling up at Sierra.
"Ah, glad to meet you, I should've known really" she told the woman, greeting with a neat, little bow back.

She then continued smirked at Masami, waiting...

Awesome Princess Rikou said:
"Oh, don't mind Masami, Miss Stockford; She's just like that. She's always grown up just a bit more formal than I have, and I'm a Princess. She's naturally a bit wary of all new people, even if they've been cleared." She smiled a gentle smile in response to Amethyst's own passive-aggressive smile that had been directed toward Masami, in an attempt to diffuse any tension that might have developed.

Space Samurai Spectaculair Masami said:
Masami bowed slightly to Rikou, her face still completely blank despite whatever opinions she might have about the situation. "Forgive me, Hime-sama, Stockford-san. I did not mean to offend. I simply meant to convey that we have to move on as well, so she would be best suited to talking to other crew members for the time being, no more." Her voice had a guarded tone to it, despite her clear face.

Amethyst's face showed a bit of disappointment, over the faded chance of a nice social provocation, as she was quite intrigued by this stoic lady. 'It's always the silent ones' that interested her.

She gave a genuine smile and a light bow to Masami.
"I misunderstood, clearly you are busy now and I'll make sure to get involved with the rest of the crew first. We'll have another run-in,... drinks are on me" she said calmly with her deep voice, smiling still.

She nodded a small bow to Rikou as well "Thank you all for the welcome, I'll be headed to the ship then" she said... looking at Franklin's distant figure "... Where is he headed off to all solo?" she muttered quietly to herself, before making her way to the ship and waving the group goodbye.

Amethyst would run into other interesting people sooner or later anyway, she thought to herself confidently.

When Miyoko passed through the bridge, and to the computer room, she was greeted by a voice that emanated from the ship's Public Address system.

"Hello, Miss Saito Miyoko. I am the Genesis' AI. Currently I do not have a Name, so you may address me as 'Computer' or 'Genesis'. Do you wish to know anything else?" overall, the ship was polite, and probably a little too formal. Its personality wasn't quite formed yet, and its voice was mostly Androgynous, though it leaned toward female.

The computer room itself was made up of what appeared to be several large stacks of servers contained within an armored box in the middle of the room, several transparent Durandium viewports allowing Miyoko to see inside as lights flashed and flicked, glowed and went through cycles of some kind. In the center of it all was smaller box which was connected to the servers by heavy cabling. In the center of the side facing toward the bridge, it had a visual sensor that glowed in the typical Origin green. That was obviously the core of the system, where the AI itself was housed. two handles on the top of the box suggested that it could be moved around if need be, but it was currently bolted to the floor, not that Miyoko could get into the larger box to try at the moment.

Amethyst made her way to the cargo ramp, her duffle bag hanging across her chest over her shoulders, the bag itself gently bouncing against her buttocks.

She took in all the people and their looks slowly, the content smile remaining,... and even frowning a little as her eyes fell upon a blue haired girl who had just been abandoned by two figures,... of which one appeared to have more then two arms,... the other seemed like a young Nepleslian woman, but not quite.

She approached further, casually, giving a greeting nod the moment the blue haired girl would look back.

Shinon was red as a cherry and felt embarassed horribly. She wished Yoko would never found out, about her... state. It would make things easier. Now she had to deall with all thise shenanigans suddenly happening. Shinon saw one of the new people coming near, a raven-haired origin employee. She smacked both her cheeks with her palms to snap out of it.

"Welcome aboard," Shinon said to girl, when she nodded in greetings. "I am Shinon Maverick." She said, extending her hand offering it for friendly shake. Shinon was never too much for bowing anyway. Her dad taught her, that much could be learned about other person from a simple handshake.

Spencer watched Amethyst enter the ship with narrowed eyes. He looked back over to the Captain, Sierra, and the samurai. There sure were a lot of women on the crew thus far. Spencer pressed on and entered the ship, his freshly rolled cigarette dangling between his lips unlit as he took in the architecture of the freshly milled ship and it- 'Wait a minute, there's a woman with blue hair. Yeah, typical Yamataian.' He thought, throwing himself off. Amethyst was making acquaintance with her.

Beyond them was a Nepleslian and an Abwheran, which meant to Spencer that there was probably a safe haven for him in the crew's social circles. He walked past them and took a place in the center of the gantry, retrieving his datapad from the duffel to his left.

"Well, well, it ain't all bad, then, is it?" He muttered, still glancing around the room with a stern expression.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back