• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genesis [Episode 2] A Maiden's Voyage

Shinon peeked inside from the hallways when fancy pistol was mentioned. She looked at Silver Special on the table. She laughed a little and walked in, picking up a the pistol and drawing it from the holster that contained it.

"Oh this thing? That is just a souvenir you know." Shinon tried to explain. Pistol itself was unloaded, so Shinon rolled it around in her finger, handing it to Amethyst. "Dad used to be cop in Nepleslia, he used this gun a lot. He let me fire it too, so when I saw it in shop last week I had to have one too I guess."

Mako, Despite the visions of guns that danced much like sugarplums through her head, found herself blocked from entering the Armory- she was not authorized to do so. After being turned around, and traveling all the way to the bridge, Mako found herself once again barred from entering. Apparently, the Neko wasn't high enough on whatever rankless totem pole the Genesis worked by, and was unable to venture into certain parts of the ship, at least not at the moment.

Spencer tugged again on his cigarette and shook his head weakly.

"When I first set foot in Yammie space, they tried to tell me it were illegal to smoke out here." Spencer said, "Put a stick in my craw first thing getting off the shuttle, good way to make friends."

Spencer didn't bother to explain why he was smoking anyway. He seemed to think it was plain enough.

"By the way," he started up again, smoke billowing, "Names Franklin. Spencer Franklin. I'm going to be in charge of supplies around here, so I'll want to get with the department heads and work up an organized inventory. Either of you kids care to direct me, or does Spencer gotta find his own viddles on this gig?"

"Heh. I'd pay to see that," Yoko remarked. The mental imagery of the Samurai beating down some guy asking for it with her bare hands was exciting. Still, it made her wonder, how much of a chance would she stand against the Samurai? Not long in a brawl, obviously. But what about Rued? Or this guy they just met?

It didn't matter, because she couldn't help snickering at this guy's quick story. "Still betta than getting tackled to the ground and shit. Those goils are stronga than they look," she admitted to them. Yoko then nodded to the man as he introduced himself. Though they just met, he already seemed quite likable - he wasn't some scrub or noob, that was for sure.

"Yoko. Yokoyama Omitsu," she smiled. "I guess we'll guide you in befoa going off to do our own thing huh?" the Geshrin asked the two.

Another smirk. "Rüd Grülik, chief of security. Not much of an inventory to speak of for my people other than what they brought on. Armory's been locked tight since we got here, but it should be open to you. It's port side, aft. Kitchen and mess are middle of the stern, can't miss 'em." Having utilized the port-side elevator, he pointed one thick finger down the hall to the armory at mentioning it.

(Sorry for just deciding that for the two of you, but we didn't have a very exact location and it was bugging me.)

Spencer nodded along with the two of them. More smoke flitted about around him as he crossed his arms underneath his bolo. Ashes began to gather on the end of his cigarette, threatening to fall off angrily onto the clean floor. Spencer was used to this. He'd be able to smoke nearly half of the cigarette before ashing, even when the ship was moving. and he had to smoke fast before some Yamataian snatched the lit butt from his mouth with furious anal retention.

"I guess I'll go ahead and knock out the armory before everyone gets their greasy hands on all our gear." Spencer suggested to himself, "That way I can keep track of who's bamboozling when the inevitable bamboozling begins."

After a pause to flick the first half of the ashes into cylinder poking out of his breast pocket, Spencer added, "There will be bamboozling. Young turds as there are on here."

He slaughtered Rüd's name. "Grurlick, you an' I are probably gonna be seein' a lot of each other, as tight as security is on this scrap heap."

"Aww shit, that's right - I'm the head of engineering," Yoko added on, informing Spencer of her position aboard the ship. So far, he seemed to be quite a likeable guy - he gave off that feel, hence, why the Nep raised Geshrin was so receptive. Only time would tell of course. "Speakin of the kitchen and mess though, they'a right next to tha armory, which is also next to the livin quarters," she started.

"Sees, I gotta takes the long, long way around to reach tha mess and grab some grub, but if I could walk right on through the armory, I'd be able to get to the food from my room like they were next door," Yoko went on, explaining. "You wouldn't be able to help me, would ya? It'd make things easia foa me."

Again, not even a twitch of annoyance. Spencer was neither the first nor the last person to mispronounce his name. He wasn't going to blame folks for not being raised to speak from the throat.

"You'll see real quick that security on this ship isn't like Neko security. You can keep your smokes, and if anyone says otherwise they can broach it with me." Then he glanced down at Yoko. "And since we're on the topic, you still owe me a tour of your facilities and personnel. Need to make sure it's all safe 'n secure."

Shinon said:
"Oh this thing? That is just a souvenir you know." Shinon tried to explain. Pistol itself was unloaded, so Shinon rolled it around in her finger, handing it to Amethyst. "Dad used to be cop in Nepleslia, he used this gun a lot. He let me fire it too, so when I saw it in shop last week I had to have one too I guess."

Amethyst took the gun with slight hesitation, but as she held it in her hands, she gentle felt it's weight, gripped it, index finger extended along the trigger rather then on it and held it up at the wall. "Not quite your average gun. Neither for a cop... But your father is Nepleslian? That's interesting." She asked as she lowered the gun again, handing it back by it's butt. "Shy girls wielding guns and manouvering PA's, it sure is getting a lot more interesting around here!" She said with a warm smile.

All Spencer had to offer Yoko was an unyielding, "We'll see."

On the other hand, when Rüd mentioned the tour, Spencer's eyes lit up. That is to say, they widened slightly. The scowl stayed put on his weathered face.

"I reckon I'll tag along, then." Spencer said, stroking his beard with a free hand. "We can talk about your department's supply needs while we walk."

Shinon raised an eyebrow looking at the girl. She handled the gun just the right way. She made sure not to aim at peopl and not to put finger on the trigger. Shinon was not sure how trained Origin employee were. She figured Orisec would be tough as nails, but what about regular employees?

What made Shinon blink in surprise though, was when Amethyst said she was shy. Shinon knew that about herself, that she had moments where things had bigger impact on her and she had troubles controlling herself. She always though of herslef as tough to this point though. Something had to change since she got on board of Genesis. But what could it possibly be?

"Ah well..." She then replied, letting shy-thing be. "I am soldier and my dad is nepleslian, so it should not be so surprising when I wield gun. I also bet this whole mission will get even more and more interesting when we finally set sail so to speak."

Amethyst grinned playfully at Shinnon. "Yeah, I just think it's cool to see a Yamataian girl have a Nepleslian father. I grew up in a weird environment, outsiders weren't much respected, but I'm not like that, at least I like to think so..." She said with a shrug.

"Anyway, thanks for the introduction, I'm gonna head on into ship and see if I can find some other people as well as get acquainted with the ship's layout itself. Wouldn't want to be running in circles if the shields need fixing, heh" Amethyst explained to the blue haired woman.
"Nice meeting you Shinon."

"Well I am not your regular Yamataian." Shinon replied to nep-dad comment. It was true too, she never really fit in the regular Yamataian society. "Well I am glad I met you too. If you need anything I am on my comm or you can ask ships AI. Also bridge and armory are restricted so you don't have to loose time getting there. Have fun and see you later." She said and smiled at the girl.

Amethyst smiled warmly. "I hope I'm not your average Nepleslian, but don't let me keep you put, you're fine to tag along, I'm just going to take a walk to get familiar with the place." She told Shinon, giving her a light grin before turning and walking ahead through the crew cabin hallway.

She stuffed her hands in her pants' pockets, lazily walking on through the ship, coming up to outside the bridge where she noticed a purple-blue haired girl being barred from entering the bridge.

"Hey~!" She called out to Mako, her hands still in her pockets. "Where you headed?" She asked curiously. "Most of the place is blocked off to most of us it seems... " She added trying to be conversational.

"Yea, yea, no problem big guy - I'll show the both of yous round engineering then," she replied to the Abwehran, waving the question off with little worry. As they got back into the elevator though, Yoko couldn't help but sigh at Spencer's remark, and shot her arm out to stop the closing doors of the portside elevator.

The woman then pointed all the way down the hallway; "You sees that door to the Little Goil's room?" She asked, referring to the Captain of the ship. As Yoko went on, her voice was becoming more and more passionate as she spoke, irritated at the inconvenience. "Right across that and through the wall dere and that's about my room, numbah eighteen. If I don't shortcut through the awrmory, I gotta get out, walk down the long hallway and exit the crew quarters hea," she explained, pointing to the doorway leading to the laundryroom right beside their elevator door. "And then I gotta walk down this whole way next," she finally jabbed a thumb down the long hall in front of them, annoyed. "It takes foaevah!" the woman complained, raising both arms up to emphasize this.

After a brief moment of silence, Yoko had cooled down a little and spoke in a more subdued, less passionate voice. "Truth be told, I thought it wouldn't be a big fuss, me passin through the gun racks since the AI can just lock me in and vent the room or somethin. I grabbed the room since I thought it'd be a quick shortcut to the grub and I'm kinda regretting it now," she nervously laughed, embarrased.

"S'not like I'd go on a roaring rampage or somethin. Not exactly paid to do that no more, yaknow?" Yoko spoke in a more quiet voice, now wringing her hands at the last bit.

By now, the elevator's doors softly closed again, and it was curious as to where they wanted to go next.

"Look." Spencer explained, with his eyes on the elevator doors. "It ain't about right, wrong, s'posed to, or ain't s'posed to. I'm just not in the clearance game. I can't give any guarantee you can go anywhere unless I can prove to someone higher up you was s'posed to be there."

The middle-aged Nepleslian crossed his arms again and glanced up at the ceiling, intentionally avoiding the Abwheran with them.

"Let's jest say that, if the cheif o' security were to agree with me that critical engineering supplies could be stored in the armory, I could do something for you."

Although his gaze intentionally avoided Rüd, it was hard to keep from peering over to him out of the corner of one eye.

"Ain't that right, Garlic?"

As Mako turned to head to the mess when a girl with black hair and vivid white tip, walked up to her, “Hello Miss, How do you do,” She said bowing slightly. ‘I was headed to the Mess to find someone who might be able to gain me access to the armory at least, and maybe a tour of the bridge, not that I need to gain access to the bridge other them to sedate my curiosity. But hey food might not be a bad plan. Hmm… Ohh yea what’s your name, mind is Tani Mako and unlike most Neko names my first name and my sir name are in that order not last first like most.” She took a quick moment to inhale, “You want to grab a bite to eat. Are you new crew member or been here a while? What kinds of food do you like?”

Amethyst giggled lightly as the barrage of questions kept on going.
"Name's Amethyst Stockford and my first name's first, my surname last" She said teasingly. "Mhhh, so Tani huh? Nice to meet you, it's refreshing to see such a burst of energy." She said, holding her hand out to the woman.

"Not sure if I could help you out with the authorization needed to access places. But, yeah I'm new here and I certainly wouldn't mind a bite. I love fruit however I wouldn't know if they'd have it here... perhaps canned?"

Rüd laughed again. It was hard to tell if he did it on purpose or not, but Spencer's 'mispronunciations' were neither novel nor offensive. He was also slightly bemused by the roundabout suggestion. In the spirit of this game, the Nightwalker interjected with, "Yeah, well I hear he's a pretty laid back guy. Shouldn't be too hard to get his signature and requisition certain supplies be relocated."

Smiling and blushing when Amethyst teased her, Tani, “I don’t know about fruit, I hope they have a supply of pudding aboard I love the stuff,” She looked left and right and then leaned in close to her and whispered, “If not I have a few pudding packs hidden away in my kit.” Returning to a normal voice level, “I gained a taste for the stuff back in training.” Smiling she motioned to the Mess and started walking that way.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back