• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Honeybear don't care

"On it," Aliset chirped in Shuristan, slipping into a pair of emergency mag boots before she repeated herself in Yamataigo. "Lead the way, please. Any ideas on how to arrest the station's spin and fall, or are we still trying to bring the orbital maneuvering system online and in backup using the frame hulls as tugboats?"

It pained her to see Sacre go, but what use was she on the ground? Certainly, one of the best shots on the Koun, but worse in power armor, scoring well below a quarter of passing on most power armor qualifications. The only saving grace was her theory and technical knowledge of the system. Did not mean she could use it. This left her with a massive heat signature, a dangerous weakness to puncture wounds, and a hate for the cold that would prove her a liability on this battlefield. She was far better suited to bridge operations where if she had to use her shooting skills, then something else had gone majorly wrong.

Still, she followed behind the Kodian, ripping the skirt off her dress to expose her leggings and more easily fit into a space suit for her EVA. Her species had spent the last half million years surviving in this exact situation. She wasn't just born and bred for this kind of work. She was evolved for it. Moving in the null gravity, despite her bipedal, almost hominid form was as easy as breathing to her. Inertia, grip, pull, push, turn, drift slightly and stay close to the walls. A can of air at her hip would provide thrust if she needed it. So far, the seal hadn't been broken. Her mind casually calculated the spin angle of the station by the drift rate of debris and flow of smoke, where it lay denser or where the sparks of molten metal from tack welds and failing systems landed on the walls and floor. The tenths of a G force that it would take to visibly affect these patterns and their speed as she flew past let her know all she needed.

"Where are the anchors, how many are there, and what's the release look like?" Her next question was far more task oriented. The others could be answered by the soothing sounds of comm chatter and fans, orders and accomplishments. Like an etherial dance with death in her purest form. "If I can get the ship unberthed, what's stopping it from drifting into other cradles, or do you want me to throw some PAMs on it and jettison?"

The Kodian Engineer followed along, "The berth that held Gashmeres Hammer is a lost cause, they are placing scuttle charges now to break it up, hopefully small enough to burn up on re-entry." The old Kodian looked ragged, he began breathing heavily attempting to keep up with Aliset. "There are six anchors, three along the port and starboard hull. The manual release will be found with in a crawlspace inside the hull. Once it is released, we will attempt to push it out on a trajectory away from the yards with worker transport pods. You need to bring the main powerplant partially online before you can prime the releases. I don't know about the rest of the yards, we're just trying to save what we can." He wiped a large paw over the back of his helmet.

System Material Exploitation and Recovery Center, White Ridge, Gashmere

Sanda had beaten the shuttle down by several minuets and would have just gone straight in regardless of risks had she not run into SteelJaw, the Kodian planetary guard she had spared with earlier that morning. He hand his forces were setting up a perimeter around the facility. His presence forced the Tattooed Nep to take a breath and think things through. To go rushing in like that would get herself and possibly others killed. She was better than that.

Instead, she communicated with SteelJaw and got as much intel about the facility as she could. She also began to coordinate with the Kodian Planetary Guard and Black Wolf squad about how they should approach the facility. Sanda was encouraged by what she saw in the KPG and Wolves Both were ready to go as soon as the rest of the TF arrived.

Sanda stood near the door, waiting for the signal to breach. While she waited she reviewed the schematics that SteelJaw had given her. It looked like only one way in or out of the place, but that didn't reassure her. There had to be another way in or out. Also, she had a bad feeling about this place. The terrorist's had proved that they didn't care about killing people or sacrificing themselves, as had happened at the ST center. This could be just another trap to lore them in and then blow up the facility just as they had taken it over.

Sanda messaged Issus Elapide. "Sir, does this facility keep any explosives on it or have any machinery that could be used as explosives'? As we've seen before, the enemy has no qualms killing and blowing things up."

Sanda was able to gather the following data;

The facility had one large entrance, big enough for cargo vehicles to pass each other entering and exiting. This lead into a large parking structure and storage bay. Expect lots of personal vehicles and cargo containers here. After that, the facility had one elevator flanked by two sets of stairs. The top seven levels were identical. Office space, computer stations, and work terminals. Floor eight was a maintenance and janitorial area. Floor nine held a cafeteria, gym, day care, and wellness clinic. The bottom floor, floor ten, held the primary power station, auxiliary generators, and main control room .

Last edited:
System Material Exploitation and Recovery Center
White Ridge
Gashmere

Going through the motions.

The shuttle ride down to Gashmere came and went, the Infantry Nekovalkyrja falling into a silent trance as she waited to be set loose on the enemy. While she wasn’t close with anyone stationed on the Battle of the Binary Stars, the sight of the explosions tearing through the mighty vessel’s hull replayed itself in her digital mind during the idle period, drawing a few tears from her eyes, which were wiped away just as quickly.

Straightening herself out, Sassa decided that she would cry later.

Disembarking from the shuttle, Sassa made herself present for the field briefing, her ears perking up as her digital mind processed the details. She paid special attention to the Ranger’s question and the response offered as well, if only for the fact that by virtue of the Nepleslian’s experience, she seemed to know exactly what questions to ask and what to look out for.

With the conclusion of the briefing, Sassa made her way to the cargo container and stripped out of her dress, sparing no concern towards privacy. Then, she began the process of donning her Molly, the hemosynthetic interior hugging her form as she slid inside before closing up the suit and putting on her helmet. It was only then that Sassa plugged herself into the armor via SPINE, suddenly perceiving the world not only through her own organic senses, but also through the vastly more perceptive “eyes” of the Molly, which took the form of its powerful sensors, electronics, and communications.

After locking an Aether Blade Katana in its place on her hip, Sassa made her way outside to link back up with the team, fresh tears hidden from view beneath the inscrutable mask of her helmet.

NARA
Nara wrinkled her nose a bit and looked up to Itami, "Yes, I am alright with that. We need to get back and its not like I can get there floating in this thing." she said gesturing to her outfit. When they got back to the shuttle she was caught off guard by something surprisingly feisty the ranger said, "Next time, remind me to bring a different outfit to wear under this." she said feistily, mildly disappointed in herself. She had not at all been thrilled at having to ask for assistance to get back, but at least her friend had been able to help her. Maybe next time she would just take the darned dress off and get back with the temperature controlling bodysuit that was underneath. Deftly she strapped in cursing to herself the entire time, watching Itami strap in next to her out of the corner of her eye.

While she waited for the rest of the crew that would be going with them strap in her eyes flicked up to see the darned chef from earlier and she smirked at his words. "Someone decided not to wear pants today and its coming back to bite me unfortunately. Luckily Itami was able to get me back without me having to strip down to my norian undersuit." she said calmly. Her head tilted at Miko's comment about mag boots, seemed someone was a wee bit spicy today and it was not just her. "Why thank you, next time I will wear pants and mag boots!" she said playfully resisting the urge to throw her flip flop across the shuttle. "Those definitely would not have been inconspicuous with this," she said as she flicked her legs to the side just enough to show the slits in her dress. "Shame they did not save you from your earlier escapades though. How are you feeling?" she asked. Her attention went back to Itami, "I hope sincerely hope we get to beat something up, I need to kick something after this fiasco." Sacre's comment about the fourth most complicating thing made her smile just a touch, but she stayed out of it and just settled in to wait for departure.

White Ridge
Gashmere

The shuttle ride passed in what seemed like the flash of an eye. She listened to Issus with a sense of relief, "PANTS!!!" she thought to herself. That alone made whatever they were going to have to do next that much better, she almost tore her dress off right then and there but thought better of it. Finally something she was more accustomed to, formal events were not her kind of thing. When the male Separa'Shan had finished speaking Nara approached and pulled out the disabled canister for him to inspect that had been secured in one of her many pockets. "Who is it you want me to turn this into? It's been disabled, just do not think you want me carrying it around for the rest of this." she inquired quietly. Surely he would not want her to just hold on to the thing and no one had told her what to do with it.

White Ridge
Gashmere

Miko floated off the shuttle as if he was moving in slow motion. He set himself upright and looked as if he was standing on his own two legs. Though this was far from true for his pelvis was still healing from his prior encounter. He floated over towards Nara. "Swing by the kitchen sometime, I can show you how pants are not a required accessory." He said with a grin and a wink. A short moment later he could overhear the sound of an incoming projectile. He looked up at the sky and smiled bright. His Mindy armor smashed into the ground like Thor. In his haste to retreat he had not been given time to suit up but this wasn't about to stop him from being united with his armor. "Now that my ride is here, I am feeling better already, thank you for asking Nara. It is time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I am all out of gum." He walked over and gave the armor a pat on the chest.

Miko worked to get himself suited up in his Mindy armor. Before sliding in that last bit he called out to Sacre. "Come on and lets go do some less complicated things. We can leave the complicated to our relationship status." He then released his hold and slid down into the armor. He figured Sacre would get a kick out of his comment knowing while friends things were never simple. The armor enclosed around him and he was ready to fight. Glad to be enjoying the support the armor gave while his pelvis healed. Something he'd hope wouldn't take long in case he would be required to do some victory thrusts.

Itami
Admittedly, he was caught off guard by what Nara said next, which got him wondering what she was wearing under her outfit. “You look truly lovely with your choice of outfit, my friend.” ”What would she have worn instead or is wearing currently.” He ignored the Belmont’s comment, as he was busy making a mental list of the load out he would need for his TARSA, Itami had been smart enough to make sure he had brought several different parts, depending on the mission. One must always be prepared for multiple contingencie.
“From what it sounds like, we will have a chance to take our aggressions out on something at least.” He retreated back into his mind for the remainder of the trip.
White Ridge
Gashmere

When they got off the shuttle, he listened to the briefing. Once that was done he walked over to the crate, holding his equipment. As he walked, he stripped down to his body suit and began suiting up in his PA. Several minutes later, a glossy black TARSA stepped out. “Alright, so what’s our plan of attack. Is there only one entrance?” He was working his hands into fists, ensuring that everything was working properly.

As the team loaded up on the door, Itami took up position about 100 meters from the entrance to give the team sniper support, setting up with his Ke-W5-1A Light Armor Tactical Rifle, ready to offer them cover as they breach.

(For those wondering what Itami's TARSA loadout is)

Left Shoulder - Ke-M2-P3001 Energy Cloak Shield Projector
Right Shoulder - Ke-W5-1A Light Armor Tactical Rifle
Left Forearm -
Right Forearm -
Dorsal - Ke-M3-W3001 “Kalamari” Manipulator Arm System
Left Hip - Ke-M2-W2913 Aether/Scalar Submachine Gun
Right Hip - Ke-M2-W3901 Aether Blade Xiphos
Left Thigh - Ke-M2-G3001 Leg Capacitor
Right Thigh - Ke-M2-W2903 NSD Upper Leg Hangers

He waited calmly while they flew to their destination. He was still the odd one out in regards to this operation, being the only man not connected to the Yamataians. 77 was running calculations in his head. If the insurgents were hiding underground, it was time to start the can opener.

White Ridge
Gashmere

When they landed and as they were being debriefed and then briefed on the situation, 77 was busy loading up. First was The hardcase backpack which held the powersupply and ammo for the first item he grabbed, a Gatling cannon, which was connected to a robotic arm which held the Gatling cannon. The second was his ”Sickle” rifle which was connected to an attachment on the other side of the backpack.

“Alright, the can opener is ready.”

Last edited:
White Ridge Facility - Exterior

Besides a large garage-style door that would no-doubt lead down into the vehicle struct there was an atypical and smaller (by Kodian Standards) personnel door to keep those on foot out of any driver's way.

It was locked, of course. But above the digital hard lock was a very common remote intercom system that crackled to life with a tenor and crackle as a voice unexpectedly greeted the deathstack right outside the facility as they loitered outside the door on the eve of entry.

"Hello?" A high-pitched and young feminine voice lacking the inflection and gruffness of the local Kodians spoke in Trade at a slight distance from the receiver with a surprised tone, as, in the background, there was a scrambling sound before the identifiable interference of something brushing too close to a microphone before the voice returned considerably louder.

"Hello- Is somebody there? Hello, can someone hear me?" The young-sounding girl by the cracking pitch sounded again through the receiver and mixed both obvious concern and clear excitement and lacked any general accent beyond what would normally place as Nepleslian. The intercom continued to transmit with the muffled interference of static while those with clearly superior comm-optics or those who were more attentive and focussed might make out the slight and distinct background noise of buzzing and vibrating while some commotion occurred and something brushed the receiver several times as whatever was going on at the source of the entrances intercom cut off abruptly as static was replaced with dead silence.

Beyond the door, the muffled sounds of distant thuds and pops sounded somewhere beyond it in the parking and vehicle bay as something unidentifiable by any remote relaying and identification systems that might interpret as to its exact origin.

Zanven was already heading towards the container as he was unbuttoning his shirt, taking off and removing his tie, jacket, and all. It was a suit he could stand to lose as it was not a part of his uniform. When he was in the container he did not think twice before stripping down completely and suiting up in his usual flight suit, with his sidearm and additional ammo just in case of course if he would have to pilot then he would but when he looked back, and saw his M13-1A Keiko armor he smirked as he thought of Del for a moment. He walked up and placed his hand on the armor as the torso splits from the waist to reveal the pilot pod, he quickly climbed in as technicians came in to assist. Getting into the position he attached himself to the integrated system and the pod closed before his sensors all began their startup sequence and his vision was soon that of what his armor would see.

The techs were finishing his loadout and Zanven remained still as he initiated his comms and saw the members of the Task Force that were on the ground and chimed in. "Brax Here, finishing final loadout sequences and I am ready to go." He spoke plainly as he checked his weapons systems; seeing everything was online he moved out of the container and met up with the rest of the Task Force and was ready to move in. He posted up opposite Sanda and gave a slight nod before speaking out to her. "Decided I was moving too slow on the shuttle eh? Next time we should make it a race to at least keep it interesting." He said with a masked grin from his pod inside of the armor. He readied his Ke-M2/12 Coherent Aether Rifle for the clear to breach.

When he heard the voice over the intercom of the bay door he looked at the speaker confused for a moment before sending out a general message to the TF. "I assume we all heard that yeah? Do we have a hostage situation, the voice definitely seemed surprised from what I could hear."

Loadout
Keiko Thought Armor: M13-1A
Standard loadout array as listed on Kieko Acc.

“Hello? Hello? Oh! Mr. Star Army man please come save us!” A young female voice replied. The sound of something being drug across the microphone lead to a sharp bout of feedback. “They are going to do horrible things to AAAARGH.” The intercom went dead.

The Kodian Engineer followed along, "The berth that held Gashmeres Hammer is a lost cause, they are placing scuttle charges now to break it up, hopefully small enough to burn up on re-entry." The old Kodian looked ragged, he began breathing heavily attempting to keep up with Aliset. "There are six anchors, three along the port and starboard hull. The manual release will be found with in a crawlspace inside the hull. Once it is released, we will attempt to push it out on a trajectory away from the yards with worker transport pods. You need to bring the main powerplant partially online before you can prime the releases. I don't know about the rest of the yards, we're just trying to save what we can." He wiped a large paw over the back of his helmet.

"That berth was a masterpiece, by the way. Sad to see it happen like that." As Aliset started slipping into a spare emergency space suit that seemed to be her size. Quickly kicking off the gas thruster leg pods, she slipped the mag boots over the suit and locked them into place, shrugging her shoulders to settle the tight fitting material into place. The task sounded simple enough, as she repeated it aloud. "So. Get the partially completed ship independent of station power, then manually release six docking anchors keeping it tied to the station so maybe we can save the berth, the ship, and several vessels around it. Considering the station's rate of tumble and the two axes it's tumbling on, I'd say I have to do that in about thirty minutes."

But being able to get out there and do the job wasn't enough. She needed to lessen everyone's stress. Stress made people hurry. Hurrying people made mistakes. Mistakes got people killed. And if they were going to save the station, they needed everyone still on board in the best headspace possible to keep themselves and their teams alive. "Sounds like a tuesday on Shurista. By the way, you know that gorgeous Separa'Shan Taii that I came in with, the one with the Order of the.... Dunno, the one for bravery. I proposed to her. She said yes right before evacing."

With that, she slipped on her helmet and tested her comms, gathering a belt of tools and a couple of handheld thrusters. Holding up the thread grappler from an old Star Army AMES suit, she shot a grin from inside the helmet and holstered the device at her abdomen. "I'd like to have my wedding here. And with you folks present. We'll see what she says when she gets back, yeah? I know a couple of the guys make some primo spacer hooch. Have a glass waiting for me at the end of our day?"

Zanven watched as Sacre pushed the comms button and spoke into it asking for identification. The voice that answered was the same small female voice and when she asked for them to save her Zanven looked over at Sanda…the look on his face could not be seen due the seen due to the armor but he instinctively activated his wrist weapon and an Aether Blade extended.

“This reeks of a fucking trap, but if there are hostages we need to save them…even if they don’t exist…we gotta make sure.” He said bluntly to Sacre as he recognized the ranking she said before, but he was feeling like he just had to do something…

Outside Facility door

Sanda listened to the conversations around her but didn't speak besides asking her question. When Zan made the joke about next time racing planet-side, Sanda just nodded her head. Her heart just wasn't in any witty banter right now. If she was honest, she barely had the heart for a fight at the moment either. Normally before combat Sanda would get excited. She had always enjoyed combat. Testing your skill in battle against an opponent was probably the greatest high she got as a soldier. But that wasn't coming right now. She just felt empty and numb. What was the point? She had failed to protect the ST center, she had failed to stop the attack on the space station. The Star Army had lost a Dreadnaught. The enemy, whoever they were, was making the SA look incompetent at every turn.

When the voice came over the intercom, Sanda tensed up for a moment. But after Sacre spoke to the voice spoke again Sanda frowned. Something about the voice was ringing false with her. The Ranger wasn't sure what, but it she didn't like it. She didn't like any of it but it was time for action.

Sanda stepped forward. "I'll take point." She said. She used her forearms aether beam to cut the lock to the side door. Activating her suits, Stealth mode, Sanda kicked in the door and moved in. Rifle held up, she moved towards the nearest cover. Her suits scanners were searching parking area for any lifeforms, weapons or explosives and relaying them to the rest of her team. All seemed quite at the moment. She continued scanning, her rifle sweeping the area. If everything in the immediate vicinity was clear she would call the rest of the team in.

The Public address system in the parking garage blared to life as the door was breached. The female childs voice rang out, a haunting melody echoed in the cavernous space.....

"I'm just a little one, with a voice so sweet and mild
But listen to my song, it will make your heart go wild
With every word I sing, you'll feel a chill inside
A sense of dread and fear, that you just can't hide.

Dread, dread, it's creeping near
The darkness of my song, you'll soon hold dear
For in my voice, you'll find the fear
Of things that go bump in the night, my dear."

"That berth was a masterpiece, by the way. Sad to see it happen like that." As Aliset started slipping into a spare emergency space suit that seemed to be her size. Quickly kicking off the gas thruster leg pods, she slipped the mag boots over the suit and locked them into place, shrugging her shoulders to settle the tight fitting material into place. The task sounded simple enough, as she repeated it aloud. "So. Get the partially completed ship independent of station power, then manually release six docking anchors keeping it tied to the station so maybe we can save the berth, the ship, and several vessels around it. Considering the station's rate of tumble and the two axes it's tumbling on, I'd say I have to do that in about thirty minutes."

But being able to get out there and do the job wasn't enough. She needed to lessen everyone's stress. Stress made people hurry. Hurrying people made mistakes. Mistakes got people killed. And if they were going to save the station, they needed everyone still on board in the best headspace possible to keep themselves and their teams alive. "Sounds like a tuesday on Shurista. By the way, you know that gorgeous Separa'Shan Taii that I came in with, the one with the Order of the.... Dunno, the one for bravery. I proposed to her. She said yes right before evacing."

With that, she slipped on her helmet and tested her comms, gathering a belt of tools and a couple of handheld thrusters. Holding up the thread grappler from an old Star Army AMES suit, she shot a grin from inside the helmet and holstered the device at her abdomen. "I'd like to have my wedding here. And with you folks present. We'll see what she says when she gets back, yeah? I know a couple of the guys make some primo spacer hooch. Have a glass waiting for me at the end of our day?"

The Kodian engineer did what he could to assist Aliset in prepping to enter the ship crawl spaces. He tested the seals on her suit and tapped his ear to let her know that her comms were operating correctly. Once all was prepared he cycled the airlock between the station and the ship and waited for her to pass through. "I'm sure that we would be glad to see your vows take place here, I myself am partial to a fine honey mead."

The old Kodian took something from his belt, an ancient looking tool. A self adjust wrench head adorned one side, while a pry-hammer with an extrudable welding torch on the other. It was wrapped in some form of leather that had obviously seen at least 5 decades of blood, oil, and sweat. "Take this dear, consider it an early wedding gift." He said, extending his furry arm and tool out to Aliset.

The old Kodian took something from his belt, an ancient looking tool. A self adjust wrench head adorned one side, while a pry-hammer with an extrudable welding torch on the other. It was wrapped in some form of leather that had obviously seen at least 5 decades of blood, oil, and sweat. "Take this dear, consider it an early wedding gift." He said, extending his furry arm and tool out to Aliset.

"I..." She paused, taking the tool in her hand and feeling the balance before she pulled herself along the older Kodian's arm to wrap him in a hug. "I've had Gashmere's meads before. An absolute delight and a labor of love to make. I'd like to try more of them, the big breweries all seem so soulless in taste. I'll get this back to you so you can wrap it before the wedding, okay?"

With that, she slipped into the airlocks, tucking the tool into her belt as she clipped a tool leash to it almost subconsciously. In fact, all her tools were leashed. None of the reels would handle their weight in standard gravity. But they didn't need to, here. All they needed to do was pull a socket, a ratchet driver, or a screwdriver to her hips where it could stay and not contribute to the debris storm outside.

Speaking of, as she cleared the lock's inner door, she locked her boots and triggered the airlock cycle, switching on her helmet lights and double checking that her camera was recording, that the mapping and HUD data projected inside her helmet was accurate, at least to her knowledge. "Alright, lock's cycled. I'm opening the door now. What kind of reactor am I jumpstarting? Cause I'm seeing what looks like a battery pack on the dorsal aft, took a pretty nasty glance. Not sure our girl's gonna have enough battery power. But I'm not seeing more than cosmetic damage to the PAMs on this side."

As she stepped out of the airlock and kicked off, she considered a plan of attack. She started by looking for an incomplete section of hull to get to the reactor bay faster than trying to go through the superstructure and corridors. Her small frame would be a benefit in the tight spaces of the crawlspaces between hull layers. These were designed for a Kodian technician. Significantly roomier than she needed. That would be an advantage. " I might be able to get the bridge operating, and if she's got main engines, we can use her as a tug to help with the station spin. I know a few of your boys had the same idea. Problem is I can't read Kodian yet, and my translators aren't fast enough."

Inside facility

Sanda face hardened at the voice coming through the speakers. She could feel her blood beginning to boil at the taunting but she kept focused. There was no immediate signs of danger so she called up the rest of the team. "Thunder to team, this is feeling more and more like a trap. I highly recommend that only those with PA attempt to enter the facility. We know the enemy likes gas. Also, I recommend those PA have teleporters pre-set to jump out if this proves to be a death trap. We don't want any more losses at this point."

White Ridge
Gashmere

A stack formed outside the personnel door leading into the garage.

Sassa took her place in it, before following after the others as they moved into the vehicle bay, eyes and sensors primed to search for traps, signs of enemy activity, or possible hostages. However, the magenta and cyan-haired Nekovalkyrja sensed that the rescue operation might also turn into a race against time, if the team's objectives couldn't be achieved within a short timeframe. The considerations of hostages might need to be set aside, in the event that the terrorists were still able to control the asteroids.

It was a grim calculus, but Sassa knew that the lives of a few hostages would only be a small consideration compared to the lives of thousands or even millions more. Fortunately, Sassa knew that her Molly had a possible solution, which could buy the Task Force some time.

//Activating full spectrum wavelength noise countermeasures.// Sassa transmitted. //We’ll have to communicate via lasers and external audio from here on out, but our jamming might prevent the terrorists from getting a signal out to control more asteroids. Hopefully it’ll buy us the time we need to rescue any hostages.// She added.

All the while, Sassa set her teleporter to an outside coordinate at Sanda's direction. If the success of the Star Army in facing the terrorists so far was any indication, there was no guarantee that any of their plans would work.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back