• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Honeybear don't care

System Material Exploitation and Recovery Center
White Ridge
Gashmere

NARA

Nara knew Itami's word were all to true and went along without a fuss. She was increasingly grateful that he led her to the Mindy. She let out a surprised squeal when he effortlessly lifted her into the Mindy and got her situated. His sheer manner in doing so made her ears twitch furiously, her cheeks turning a deep crimson red after he turned away. The effortless way he handled the situation and her in it just, she shook her head to clear her thoughts.

Once things were fully booted up she made way over to Itami with a quickness, evading the the radioacitve goop as much as she could. She managed to catch up right as he informed the team of the incoming asteroid. "Sanda, do you know if this planet has some kind of defense system that could remedy this situation? What do you want us to do?" she asked their newly appointed group leader. Sanda seemed like someone she could trust and follow in such an incident, but as always she would expect the unexpected. Afterall, Sanda had been among those that left part of the crew behind.

Gashmere Orbit
Alisets Ride

Tink. Tink. Tink.

Something was hitting the hull. Hard. Repeatedly.

THUD. THUD. THUD.

That something was now hitting the hull harder. It began to deform and push in, four long, white hot claws punctured the outer skin of the craft. With a deafening screech the claws tore two meters of hull plating. Huge power armored fingers reached through the jagged lacerations and gripped the plates. Slowly it bent the plating back, that little atmosphere that had been in the ship escaping. A black helmet in the shape of a Kodian Skull ducked into the cabin. "Come with me if you want to live...." it growled on an open channel.

"I surrendcer" Aliset spoke in rapid fire Kodian, coughing slightly as she cut herself free of the sled and resheathed her knife. A gentle push sent her towards the power armored individual, crossing her legs and interlacing her fingers on top of her helmet before speaking again in Trade. "I was trying to stabilize the docks and then it took a major hit and I was disconnected from the main station. I did everything I could, I was about to launch a last ditch solution, but going with you is a much better option. I don't know how many are on this vessel. I think I was the only one they sent."

Inside facility

Sanda had been alert for possible booby traps, but not for the insurgence actually had instore. When the radioactive slime was released Sanda was already pretty far into the garage. She was able to at least turn her back to the spray and cover her weapon with her body. Her helmet, arms and weapons all were clear which was all the Ranger needed. She was very relieved that her Straight Silver blade had escaped the slime. She would died had her engagement blade had been permanently damaged by the slime.

Still, Sanda was pretty pissed off at things. The booby trap, the taunting voice, this whole Maldición planet. Her suit still worked but comms and targeting were not working right. Gracias a las estrellas that she often trained without the fancy equipment and targeting software for instances like this when those things were down. The slime attack seemed to throw the Task Force into confusion. With comms down Sanda didn't spend much time trying to figure out what they were doing. She was going to finish securing the area. She was glad to see Zanven doing the same. After a a quick walk around, Sanda did see any more booby traps or hostiles.

Sanda met back up with Zanven on the stairs as the rest of the TF approached. Looked like some of them hadn't entered the building yet when the traps went off. That was good. Hopefully their comms still working and would be able to receive orders and keep command up to date. Although when Itami informed her that an asteroid was heading towards them in less than 25 mins and that she had operational command it took Sanda a full 5 seconds for that information to sink in. Once it did she began ranting in her native tongue. Luckily, her speakers were off and the rest of the group didn't hear her.

Sanda had longed for command. She wanted her Heisho chevrons so badly and had been working really hard to earn them. But this was unlike responsibility she had ever been given. It wasn't just the lives of her team, but of the thousands of civilians in the towns nearby. If they failed, it would be her fault. Despite the gravity of the situation, Sanda felt a calm come over her. She couldn't second guess herself now. She steeled herself to what needed to be done, no matter how distasteful it might be.

Speaking through her helmets speakers and using sign language Sanda said, "This facility controls the asteroids in space. If we can get to the control room, we might be able to shut them down and redirect the ones that are heading for the facility. Time is short so we need to move fast. We can expect more booby traps and all manner of obstacles. If someone is hit and goes down, leave them." She took a deep breath, knowing this next part would probably would get objections and complaints. "Set a 25 min countdown timer on you HUDs. When it hits Zero, we will be unable to stop the asteroid heading in this direction. Us, this facility and the thousands of civilians in the surrounding area will all die. Therefore, we will treat this facility as having no hostages'. We stop the asteroid, then we'll worry about hostages, not before."

She didn't wait to hear any objections. "Solo." Addressing Zanven. "Force the elevator doors open then cut the car cables so that it falls. We'll fly down the elevator shaft to the control room floor. Itami and I will take point. If anything happens to me, Heisho Brax has command." Zanven had the seniority and he was the only one Sanda knew and trusted completely. There had just been no time to get to know the others and their abilities. Sanda looked around at the group. "Move it!" She barked.

Last edited:
White Ridge
Gashmere

NARA

Sanda's issuance of who would take command if something were to happen to her sealed her opinion on the matter. Poor woman must be mad if she thought Nara was going to listen to the man that stood on the sidelines. There was absolutely no way she would be transferring her rank over to the Star Army of Yamatai if this is who they put in charge. Although as long as nothing happened to Sanda, she would stay. She still trusted the woman's operational abilities, other than that she thought Sanda was a bit bonkers. Then again it could be pinned to no one knowing eachother, their experience or their capabilities. Nara had been working in the field longer than these people had been alive. So while someone might have had seniority with the SAOY, they definetly did not have more experience.

She would tag along behind Itami to at the very least have his back as clearly no one realized she was there. Swiftly she sent a message to the ranger, "If anything happens to you, I am out of here. These people are out of their minds and seem to forget some of us are not their slaves. I'd rather take my chances solo against the Umarians." With that she took position behind Itami.

Last edited:
White Ridge
Gashmere

Sassas' attempts to burn off the sticky neon stuff seemed to just cake it on and make glow brighter.

Sassa frowned, seeing that her efforts weren't immediately helpful and only seemed to turn the slime into a caked solid on her armor, making it glow brighter in the process. However, the Infantry Nekovalkyrja wasn’t quite ready to relent. A solid, caked substance would likely be easier to cut off than a sticky, slimy one. Accordingly, Sassa willed a solid volumetric knife into existence via her Molly’s photonics array, before committing herself to the task of attempting to cut the now caked-on solid away, now that it seemed like the substance was no longer a slime.

All the while, Sassa kept herself behind cover as she worked, hoping to cut the sludge away from her armor’s weapons, optics, and audio reception systems as first priority before anything else, in the hopes of restoring the clarity of her senses.

//This is Hall-Hei. I’m in one piece, but my sensors are messy. Trying to fix it.// Sassa transmitted in response to the Freespacer’s status check. //I’ve deactivated my jammers, as well. It’s just compromising our communications and they don’t seem to be working.// The Infantry Nekovalkyrja added, a slight frown coming over her features as she did. She left it unsaid that it was getting to the point where it seemed like nothing she or anyone else did was working or having any apparent effect beyond making the situation worse. Morale was already bad enough as it was.

On cue, Sassa linked back up with the rest of the Task Force, dedicating an instance of her digital mind to continuing to attempt cleaning her armor, while another processed Sanda’s orders. The more of the radioactive substance she could (hopefully) get off, the higher her combat effectiveness would be, so Sassa didn’t neglect the task. Simultaneously, the Infantry Nekovalkyrja linked her timer to Sanda’s, so that she could stay in sync with the designated commander of the operation.

Then, after the Nepleslian concluded the briefing, Sassa immediately flew into motion via her armor's ICFS, positioning herself close to the two soldiers who were on point as they moved towards the entrance to the elevator.

//Ready and on station.// She transmitted. //Let’s make this one count.//

Last edited:
Zanven noted quickly that his transmission out of the hole did not have any effect, but the remaining team members topside were soon relaying information down to them. Sanda was placed as having command and the others joined them as they had to rely on local sensors and whatever equipment that wasn’t damaged. The voice on the P.A. was annoying, but he quickly tuned it out as the orders came from Sanda. He synched a countdown timer and displayed it on his HUD and was ready to get to work.

He nodded once and simply spoke “got it,” before slinging his rifle to his back as he moved to the elevator. He then ignited the aether blade on his wrist before cutting into the elevator. Grabbing hold of the steel door he would pry the doors open as he kept quiet and then with little effort he got up and cut the cables. The platform then dropped quickly as the sound of screeching metal could be heard before Zanven peeled out from the side as the platform smashed at the end of the line. “Alright, looks like the shaft is now clear. I’ll take point unless there are any objections?” He said as he looked to the timer, grabbing his rifle and getting ready for the drop.

Zanven watched as the elevator car crumbled to twisted metal and scraps at the bottom of the elevator shaft. As he turned back to deliver his report and off to take point, a curious buzzing filled the air. Robotic Wasps, the size of a mans arm, darted out of the ruined elevator doors and into the garage. They peppered the shields of Zanven, Sanda, and Miko with blasts from the small lasers mounted on either side of their torsos as the passed. More than a dozen of them flooded into the room. One landed on Zanvens Helmet, violently attempting to force its stinger through his visor and it thrust multiple times in the span of a second. The rest spread out through the garage, using the cars and pillars there as cover.

shastawasp2.png

The little girl's voice rang out across the garage PA system once again.

"And as I sing this song, you'll feel your heart grow cold
For the things I sing of, they're not just tales of old
They're real and they're alive, they'll never be controlled
And they'll keep you up at night, with stories untold.
Dread, dread, it's creeping near
The darkness of my song, you'll soon hold dear
For in my voice, you'll find the fear
Of things that go bump in the night, my dear."

PLEASE MOMMY NO! DON'T PUT ME BACK IN THE BAD PLACE MOMMY! ILL BE GOOD MOMMY! STOP HURTING MEEEeeeeeeee"

White Ridge
Gashmere

Sassa frowned, seeing that her efforts weren't immediately helpful and only seemed to turn the slime into a caked solid on her armor, making it glow brighter in the process. However, the Infantry Nekovalkyrja wasn’t quite ready to relent. A solid, caked substance would likely be easier to cut off than a sticky, slimy one. Accordingly, Sassa willed a solid volumetric knife into existence via her Molly’s photonics array, before committing herself to the task of attempting to cut the now caked-on solid away, now that it seemed like the substance was no longer a slime.

All the while, Sassa kept herself behind cover as she worked, hoping to cut the sludge away from her armor’s weapons, optics, and audio reception systems as first priority before anything else, in the hopes of restoring the clarity of her senses.

//This is Hall-Hei. I’m in one piece, but my sensors are messy. Trying to fix it.// Sassa transmitted in response to the Freespacer’s status check. //I’ve deactivated my jammers, as well. It’s just compromising our communications and they don’t seem to be working.// The Infantry Nekovalkyrja added, a slight frown coming over her features as she did. She left it unsaid that it was getting to the point where it seemed like nothing she or anyone else did was working or having any apparent effect beyond making the situation worse. Morale was already bad enough as it was.

On cue, Sassa linked back up with the rest of the Task Force, dedicating an instance of her digital mind to continuing to attempt cleaning her armor, while another processed Sanda’s orders. The more of the radioactive substance she could (hopefully) get off, the higher her combat effectiveness would be, so Sassa didn’t neglect the task. Simultaneously, the Infantry Nekovalkyrja linked her timer to Sanda’s, so that she could stay in sync with the designated commander of the operation.

Then, after the Nepleslian concluded the briefing, Sassa immediately flew into motion via her armor's ICFS, positioning herself close to the two soldiers who were on point as they moved towards the entrance to the elevator.

//Ready and on station.// She transmitted. //Let’s make this one count.//
Sassas attempts to remove the neon paint from her daisy caused more damage to her suits armor, than the actual paint itself. The spots she managed to burn away left the surrounding paint glowing brighter than it had to begin with. Giving the impression that she had some small, very bright neon pimples on her armor now.

"I surrendcer" Aliset spoke in rapid fire Kodian, coughing slightly as she cut herself free of the sled and resheathed her knife. A gentle push sent her towards the power armored individual, crossing her legs and interlacing her fingers on top of her helmet before speaking again in Trade. "I was trying to stabilize the docks and then it took a major hit and I was disconnected from the main station. I did everything I could, I was about to launch a last ditch solution, but going with you is a much better option. I don't know how many are on this vessel. I think I was the only one they sent."
The head of the Kodian Power armor turned sideways. If Aliset could see the Kodian inside, she would see his eyes narrow, and the tongue hang over the side of his jaw. "What in the actual fuck are you doing? Do you want to stay here and die? If so let me know so I can leave."

The head of the Kodian Power armor turned sideways. If Aliset could see the Kodian inside, she would see his eyes narrow, and the tongue hang over the side of his jaw. "What in the actual fuck are you doing? Do you want to stay here and die? If so let me know so I can leave."
"Nonthreatening posture. My gir--Fiance taught it to me." She shook her head, correcting herself as she unfolded her hands and approached a bit more rapidly until she was in easy reach. "What's going on out there?"

"Nonthreatening posture. My gir--Fiance taught it to me." She shook her head, correcting herself as she unfolded her hands and approached a bit more rapidly until she was in easy reach. "What's going on out there?"
The Kodian reached down and grabbed one of Alisets outstretched arms, hoisting her up through the torn hull. She saw what seemed to be a hatchway into...nothing. A ship using some kind of optical camouflage obviously. That's when her suit warned her that her neck seal had been penetrated. As her hands reached up to try and reseal it, a power armored kodian fist slammed into the suits visor. Fissures of atmosphere erupted from the visor as she began to black out. The last thing she saw as the kodian dragged her towards the hatch was the sun rising over the edge of Gashmere....

White Ridge
Gashmere

"And as I sing this song, you'll feel your heart grow cold..."

Sassa’s perception of time went cold, stretching out to a crawl as she kicked her digital mind into overdrive so that she could better process the chaotic scene that had fallen over the parking garage, while also boosting her reflexes and mental processing speed. Prioritizing the robotic wasp attacking Zanven first, Sassa leveled her arm towards the wasp on top of the Keiko, before firing a burst of two beams out from the forearm aether plasma gun on her left arm, aimed to strike the artificial insectoid in its head with no shortage of prejudice. Then, Sassa snapped her sights onto the wasps firing on Zanven, Sanda, and Miko, simultaneously designating the hostile drones as targets in her HUD in the process. Using the forearm aether plasma gun on her right arm, she delivered a quick salvo of beams towards the thoraxes of the assailing wasps just a half-second after her initial burst, intending to cut the drones down from the air in short, surgical order.

White Ridge
Gashmere

Sassa’s perception of time went cold, stretching out to a crawl as she kicked her digital mind into overdrive so that she could better process the chaotic scene that had fallen over the parking garage, while also boosting her reflexes and mental processing speed. Prioritizing the robotic wasp attacking Zanven first, Sassa leveled her arm towards the wasp on top of the Keiko, before firing a burst of two beams out from the forearm aether plasma gun on her left arm, aimed to strike the artificial insectoid in its head with no shortage of prejudice. Then, Sassa snapped her sights onto the wasps firing on Zanven, Sanda, and Miko, simultaneously designating the hostile drones as targets in her HUD in the process. Using the forearm aether plasma gun on her right arm, she delivered a quick salvo of beams towards the thoraxes of the assailing wasps just a half-second after her initial burst, intending to cut the drones down from the air in short, surgical order.
Sassa's lighting fast blasts impacted all four of the wasp's nearly simultaneously. As they impacted each of the artificial creatures, the energy cells powering them exploded. The energy washed over the team as if 4 plasma grenades had detonated in their midst. (Tier 4)

"oH LoOk! FYREWERKS BWHEWHWHEHW!" The little girls voice giggled.

White Ridge
Gashmere

"On our toes, we need to maintain distance from the wasps. Stick together. We'll flank right and prevent them from being able to hide behind the pillars. Aten, see if you can hack them." Sacre told Black Wolf as they started to move together, to give Sanda's team cover and shoot down the wasps.

Miko's eye lit up as the plasma grenades exploded in front of him. The sounds of giggles only made his blood boil harder. This clown was starting to really piss him off and he was going to enjoy putting a stop to this madness. Having little doubt they might use more childish tricks had recalled his drones to his pack. Instead he had them hover near to act as wings. Which worked well to shield him against the blast as he was hit from two of the explosions. His Ke-M2-P3002 Leg Energy Cloak Shield Projector did well to fend off the attacks of the bugs.

Having watched the outcome of them being shot, figured he'd try another method. He walked a few steps and ripped the front hood of a car clean off using the awsome power of the Mindy armor. He wasn't about to waste ammo on bugs that could be smashed. The drones had once more attached to the pack which boosted the Mindy's overall speed. In the blink of an eye he darted off towards the nearest wasp. He appeared behind it and landed a strike against the body of the wasp. He made sure to pull the hit as to sweep it out of the sky and have the far wall be the item to do the blunt forced trauma. Miko then spun around and bolted towards Zan who was avoiding having a new hole put in his head from one of the wasps. As he moved the car hood flung off to the side and plowed into a wasp off in the distance. He wrapped his arm around the wasp as he moved past Zan. This a twist and a flick he shot the bug across the room into a wall.

Last edited:
White Ridge
Gashmere

Itami

He was rocked by the nearby explosion of these mechanized wasps. Thankfully, the armor and shielding of his TARSA were able to take it and he was able to protect Nara from the plasma explosion. Alright so shooting them was a bad idea, good thing he brought a blade. The TF was about to see why Itami always included Manipulator Arms in his load out. He was Ordinance Disposal trained, time to take out the trash.

Drawing his Wakizashi and activating his extra arms, Itami flew by one of the wasps slicing it in two, grabbing the explosive power cell with one of his extra arms and lobbed it at one of the other Mech Wasps and catching it in the explosion. Touching down, he was watching for other targets. Two more down, good. He looked back briefly to check on the team, and specifically his battle buddy, Nara.

Well those explosions stung, as he spit up some of his own radioactive blood. He felt like his bell had been rung by Mike Tyson. He saw that firearms were a bad choice, so he opted to be door guard for the elevator, who knew what other surprises might jump out.

Looking back to the rest of the team as his Gatling spun up. “I’ve got the door, deal with the wasps.”

Black Wolf Squad was doing their best to pick off the errant drones. Aten yelled back to Sacre, "There's something else in their network. I don't get it, it won't push back, but it won't let us in." Miko was swatting the flies like. well. Flies. Itami was doing a fine job of displaying his knife skills in a bid to have the chance to work as a dishwasher in the kitchens of the Belmonts. 77 Took up station in the door of the elevator, looking up in time to see the polyhedral *hive* at the top of the elevator shaft disgorging more wasp drones. Then. The PA. The gods damned PA rang out once again.

"All around the Mulberry Bush,
The monkey chased the weasel.
The monkey stopped to pull up his sock,
Pop! goes the weasel."

As the last line rang out to the sounds of gunfire and dying wasps, the trunks of the cars sprang open, and from them emerged humanoid JANITORIAL ROBOTS OF DOOM. The Robots carried the most ragtag mishmashed weapons that might shoot in one hand. And in the other. High Pressure Water cannons. Tied to tanks on their backs. The Neon Colored Goops began to flow forth toward the members of Task Force Piglet.

"THOSE ARE IMPERIAL STARRY SOLDIERS!
IT'S A FRAP, I MEAN...CRAP...no that's not it.
TRAP! IT's A TRAP!"

Inside garage T-Minus 25 Minutes.

Sanda cursed as the robotic wasps flew out of the elevator shaft. ¿No podemos tomar un maldito descanso? Sanda had her bayonet attached to the end of her rifle. As a wasp flew at her she sliced at it with the bayonet, slicing it's head clean off. Then with the forward movement, brought the butt of the rifle around and knocked it away from her. That was when Sassa's shots exploded two more wasps near her that the self-destructed. The force of the blast through Sanda off her feet and to the floor.

Sanda was knocked unconscious, but only for a few seconds. She came to, tasting blood in her mouth. She had to resist the urge to lift up her helmet and spit. They didn't have time for this. The clock was ticking fast. Sanda got back on her feet just as the damn voice began speaking again and the next surprise showed up. Sanda took one look at the robot's water tanks and knew they had to get out of there. "Break off! We can't risk further radiation. Head down the elevator shaft or stairs but Move!" Sanda yelled. She raised her rifle and made two dead on shots at the nearest two robots. Even without targeting assistance, Sanda was an excellent shot. Then she flew down the elevator shaft and towards the bottom. Igniting her Aether Bayonet she slashed as the elevator doors. Praying that there weren't any further surprises and that the rest of the team would be able to get down before being completely covered in the radiational goo.

She glanced at her HUD. T-Minus 23 Minutes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back