• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Honeybear don't care

White Ridge - Garage

The doors giving way to sheer aetheric lockpicking measures exposed a dark interior from the external lights cast inside. The dark was easily pierced by means ranging from armored sensors and systems to advanced or inherent vision spectrums native to military bodies and biological advancement. Larger than it seemed on the inside the interior garage spanned a considerable pace enough for large vehicles to move in, dispatch or load cargo or equipment, and easily turn around. While all the interior lighting was cut there was a discernable amount of small-scale vehicles of civilian make having been up-armored and parked asymmetrically across the garage while old crates, debris, and general detritus was scattered about enough to make a normally empty-looking garage having been well lived in at some point by the rebels.

There were various doors across the far end of the garage at least forty meters away and were marked enough to leave their purpose without question as ADMIN, MAINT, STAIRS-AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY, and a large and closed cargo elevator door large enough to fit any of the vehicles past on either side and still have room to spare all awaited them.

The first two were no doubt offices related to the garage operation and the vehicles themselves while the latter two needn't be speculated.

Sweeping inwards Sacres AI took longer than normally should have to respond to a strange encounter. While the surface level of the facility should pose no such interference the rebels clearly had something at play as some type of strange intelligence pervaded the facility's systems. It was not overtly hostile for some reason but was dangerous all the same as simply attempting to interface with it seemed harmless right until it opened itself up and attempted to assimilate and dismantle Aten before it was able to disconnect its attempts.

Moreover, it was foreign in origin. Not originating from the facility or something the native Kodians likely had acess to, but tethered to it from an outside source that had as of yet gone unnoticed by any of the SI of the fleet that would otherwise dominate the electronic theater.

The best way to describe it would be Chaotic. But it did not make overt moves against any of their AI and none of the powered armored individuals noted any cyber attacks on their systems other than noting that Sassas' countermeasures did not cut off its connection.

"Please don't hurt us!" The child's voice shouted at a distance in trade as it echoed from a loudspeaker at the far end of the garage; The sudden interruption caused Sanda to pause and the rest of the team a few steps behind him as they fanned out barely a few paces into the garage.

"We never did anything to you." She declared almost instantly after without so much as a stop for breath, the slam of no doubt a hand echoing through the garage as it slammed on some sort of surface on the other side of the speaker.

And that's when the first bomb went off.

Situated above and behind them, it was not where an attack was expected as the series of daisy-chained charges popped weakly but enough to scatter the luminous-glowing contents in a cone-shaped pattern all across the backs, heads, and in some cases sides of everyone present even as it was shot at them slow enough to ignore shield-activation parameters for projectiles as they reacted and moved to cover alongside adjacent vehicles or nearby structural pillars. The substance that coated each and every one of them was an almost painfully-bright lemon-yellow vicious and paint-like fluid that stuck to armor and clothing alike and immediately refused to be removed or wiped off without further spreading it onto hands or wrists.

It also neither burned nor had any discernable effect other than painting them in a glowstick-bright substance.

It was what was not looked for that became readily apparent. The Molly, The Tarsa, all the armors immediately warned of an incredible and intense radiation spike from the substance that right off the bat was making their optics fuzzy and anything short of point-blank laser communication or perhaps telepathy made that much harder as the substance ambient unidentified radiation not only lit them up like candles in the dark garage.

Across the garage, various pops occurred as more and more of the strange radioactive paint was shot out of hidden canisters or small charges and the garage was turned from a dark chokepoint into a blinding luminescent nightclub atmosphere delt a blow to their coordination abilities as various visible-spectrums when cycles through were nullified and even light-enhancement was dimmed by the new source of ambient light pollution as anything short of good, old-fashioned visual identification turned into the equivalent of shining a spotlight in the eyes.

While the past few interactions had been a wild mix of emotions across the spectrum when she spoke again it was still that of a child but the cold monotone inflection was unnerving to hear even as it was distorted by distance and audio interference.

"You won't hurt us." The girl intoned as cold as ice as the garage was painted alive with light.

Zanven just saw Sanda nod as he knew this situation was likely hitting her hard and he didn’t make any further remarks but as the scene continued and the team seemed to completely forget he also had pulled out his forearm blade he just grit his teeth…once again he was ducking just going through the motions as he saw everyone stack up.

He then activated his own stealth system as he set the teleported as the words came through. He readied his rifle and he swept into the room when it was his turn and he activated his scanners along with everyone else. When the motion came to use external voice instead of comms Zan just nodded and as he found the room to be clear he pointed to the large freight elevator.

It was then that everything took a turn as the explosions rattled throughout the complex and he called out before he tightened the grip on his rifle as he was in the same situation as the rest of the TF…that was when he heard the voice as they were all painted in a harsh light while also glowing like fucking candles. “Goddamn traps! If I wanted this shit I would have gone to some backwater whorehouse!” He readied his armor as he prepared for a fight as he hopefully was able to follow those that were with him.

The public address system in the parking garage blared to life once again. The female childs voice rang out, a haunting melody echoed in the cavernous space.....

"The shadows on the wall, they seem to come alive
The moonlight shines so bright, but there's no place to hide
For the monsters in my mind, they're always by my side
With claws and teeth so sharp, they'll keep you there inside.

Dread, dread, it's creeping near
The darkness of my song, you'll soon hold dear
For in my voice, you'll find the fear
Of things that go bump in the night, my dear."

System Material Exploitation and Recovery Center
White Ridge
Gashmere

Nara sighed deeply, "Where is Talynn when I need him?" she thought as she rolled her eyes exasperated. "I think I have a prior obligation, but thanks for the offer." she uttered as she watched Miko walk out. Eyes filled with mild annoyance looked over to Itami and calmed somewhat, "Thank you friend, I am glad we at least get to take our energy out on something hopefully." Her gaze followed where he walked once the brief had finished and grinned a bit, their crates were right next to each others. Not that it would mean anything as he would likely be done before she got over there. When Issus did not seem to respond she walked away to turn the canister in to a secure location, she could not sit around and wait for him all night.

Swiftly the slender norian made her way over to the crate containing her equipment. "Finally," she sighed happily as she opened the container. Deftly she removed the niranium daggers hidden in the corset, thigh chains, and robe pockets placing them off to the right of her items. Delicately she removed the thigh chains, corset and robe revealing the specialized under suit that had been beneath. Her eyes lit up with excitement when she saw her tactical body suit and combat boots. She did a little happy shimmy and sang, "Finally out of this darn outfit," she scoffed. "Time for something more suited for this group." With that she lifted the suit from her crate and wiggle shimmied into it, strapping the boots on before putting the daggers into their respective spots on the body suit.

By the time she had finished a majority of the others who had came already entered the facility. Nara's eyes closed and she took a deep breath to calm herself,
"Times like this is when I miss working with my old MERN team." Everyone seemed so excited to get in that members of the team had been left behind, perhaps it was a cultural thing or the communication just was not there with these people. Either way with the exception of Itami and Sanda she really missed her old crew. Her ears twitched as the public address system blared , "Yup they left at least one person behind." she shook her head in dismay as she listened to the message. She attempted to reach them on comms when she heard another message blare from the direction of the parking garage. "Well this just got fun." she smirked a bit to herself as she looked around to gather what to do next since she had been left to her own devices.

"I..." She paused, taking the tool in her hand and feeling the balance before she pulled herself along the older Kodian's arm to wrap him in a hug. "I've had Gashmere's meads before. An absolute delight and a labor of love to make. I'd like to try more of them, the big breweries all seem so soulless in taste. I'll get this back to you so you can wrap it before the wedding, okay?"

With that, she slipped into the airlocks, tucking the tool into her belt as she clipped a tool leash to it almost subconsciously. In fact, all her tools were leashed. None of the reels would handle their weight in standard gravity. But they didn't need to, here. All they needed to do was pull a socket, a ratchet driver, or a screwdriver to her hips where it could stay and not contribute to the debris storm outside.

Speaking of, as she cleared the lock's inner door, she locked her boots and triggered the airlock cycle, switching on her helmet lights and double checking that her camera was recording, that the mapping and HUD data projected inside her helmet was accurate, at least to her knowledge. "Alright, lock's cycled. I'm opening the door now. What kind of reactor am I jumpstarting? Cause I'm seeing what looks like a battery pack on the dorsal aft, took a pretty nasty glance. Not sure our girl's gonna have enough battery power. But I'm not seeing more than cosmetic damage to the PAMs on this side."

As she stepped out of the airlock and kicked off, she considered a plan of attack. She started by looking for an incomplete section of hull to get to the reactor bay faster than trying to go through the superstructure and corridors. Her small frame would be a benefit in the tight spaces of the crawlspaces between hull layers. These were designed for a Kodian technician. Significantly roomier than she needed. That would be an advantage. " I might be able to get the bridge operating, and if she's got main engines, we can use her as a tug to help with the station spin. I know a few of your boys had the same idea. Problem is I can't read Kodian yet, and my translators aren't fast enough."

The old Kodian nodded his head as he spoke to her through Comms, "That is ok, we began to integrate everything with standard Star Army Tech after the treaty. Once it recognizes that you are not Kodian it should switch to trade."

As Aliset sought out a way into the partially constructed vessel she was able to pick out various shuttlecraft, transports, and yachts evacuating workers or trying to repair or stabilize various sections of the orbital shipyards. The scene was one of utter devastation. The once proud and thriving Kodian Orbital Shipyards, a symbol of the power and capability of the Kodian people, now lay in ruins. The massive lattice work cradles that once held gleaming new starships and space stations now hung twisted and broken. Wreckage was scattered throughout the area, and rescue and recovery crews struggled tirelessly to rescue survivors.

As her practiced eye flitted across the scene, Aliset was able to pick out a Kodian shuttle she had scene before. That of Chairman Koda, the rear doors were open as Aliset was able to recognize Kodas form pulling the last of a group of stranded dock works from a platform drifting towards Gashmeres atmosphere. The evacuation shuttle carrying Chairman Koda began making its way towards safety when suddenly, an asteroid came hurtling towards it at breakneck speed. Despite the best efforts of the pilot to maneuver out of the way, the asteroid collided with the shuttle, causing a catastrophic explosion. The impact was compounded in the silence, it's clear that no one could have survived such a devastating impact.

White Ridge
Gashmere

Nara sighed deeply, "Where is Talynn when I need him?" she thought as she rolled her eyes exasperated. "I think I have a prior obligation, but thanks for the offer." she uttered as she watched Miko walk out. Eyes filled with mild annoyance looked over to Itami and calmed somewhat, "Thank you friend, I am glad we at least get to take our energy out on something hopefully." Her gaze followed where he walked once the brief had finished and grinned a bit, their crates were right next to each others. Not that it would mean anything as he would likely be done before she got over there. When Issus did not seem to respond she walked away to turn the canister in to a secure location, she could not sit around and wait for him all night.

Swiftly the slender norian made her way over to the crate containing her equipment. "Finally," she sighed happily as she opened the container. Deftly she removed the niranium daggers hidden in the corset, thigh chains, and robe pockets placing them off to the right of her items. Delicately she removed the thigh chains, corset and robe revealing the specialized under suit that had been beneath. Her eyes lit up with excitement when she saw her tactical body suit and combat boots. She did a little happy shimmy and sang, "Finally out of this darn outfit," she scoffed. "Time for something more suited for this group." With that she lifted the suit from her crate and wiggle shimmied into it, strapping the boots on before putting the daggers into their respective spots on the body suit.

By the time she had finished a majority of the others who had came already entered the facility. Nara's eyes closed and she took a deep breath to calm herself,
"Times like this is when I miss working with my old MERN team." Everyone seemed so excited to get in that members of the team had been left behind, perhaps it was a cultural thing or the communication just was not there with these people. Either way with the exception of Itami and Sanda she really missed her old crew. Her ears twitched as the public address system blared , "Yup they left at least one person behind." she shook her head in dismay as she listened to the message. She attempted to reach them on comms when she heard another message blare from the direction of the parking garage. "Well this just got fun." she smirked a bit to herself as she looked around to gather what to do next since she had been left to her own devices.
Nara was able to see that the Planetary Guard had deployed two Fellwalkers, a quadrupedal armored personnel carrier built for rugged and challenging terrain. Its thick, reinforced armor provides protection for its crew and passengers against incoming fire and explosive threats. As well as nearly a full company of power armored troops. The Fellwalkers were equipped with a variety of weapons systems, including high-powered lasers, missiles, and a heavy machine gun mounted on its back. As Nara put on her tactical attire she heard an announcement come over the emergency broadcast network of a nearby Kodian soldier.

"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Chairman Koda, who died during the evacuation of the Kodian Orbital Shipyards following the devastating asteroid strikes. Chairman Koda was a visionary leader who dedicated his life to the betterment of his people, and his loss is felt deeply by all who knew him.

The Chairman's death has left a void in the leadership of the Gashmere Assembly, as there is no clear successor to his role. In the wake of this tragedy, all factions are scrambling to claim the position and establish themselves as the next leader of the Kodian people. The future of the Gashmere Assembly and the Kodian community is uncertain, and all eyes are on the events that will unfold in the coming days and weeks."

The effect among the troops and onlookers was immediate. Emotions ran the gamut from hysterical crying to outright anger as debris began to cast about. The troops on the perimeter began to form a riot line at the facilities gate as imposing dark form of one of the Fellwalkers moved to establish itself behind them. It played it's four legs out to provide a stable firing platform and cover for ground troops as it arrived on station.

The impact was compounded in the silence, it's clear that no one could have survived such a devastating impact.

"Understood. I can read Trade, already got my suit to show in Shuristan, so I'll be able to upload the language pack. Eyes on the reactor bay, it looks intact. Just saw a shuttle matching the Chairman's description take a hit. Looked like it crumpled the hull. No signs of survivors. Can't confirm at this range. Careful, folks, lots of fast moving debris out here." She unholstered the tether gun, feeling it buck in her hand as she fired the web at a cover that would lead her into her target area of the ship. Cutting the line, she took it in her hand and gave a mighty heave, casually flipping over and engaging her mag boots to lock herself to the hull. No time to mourn. There was work to be done. She liked the Chairman. But there was nothing she could do but continue her mission.

"Alright, I'm at the cover to the reactor bay. Getting it clear, now." Taking the impact driver from her belt, she checked its battery before selecting an appropriate socket and starting to remove the bolts, her tether gun's sticky web making a hinge across one side of the plate. She was careful to magnetize each bolt to her wrists, some practiced instinct to keep debris from orbiting around her. Not that it mattered much, but it would be nice to not lose the bolts and be able to replace the reactor cover when she was done.

Five minutes gone, she gave a grunt of exertion, swinging the cover away from the hull crawlspace that housed a shielded reactor core. She couldn't tell its class under all the shielding, but identifying the power mains wasn't that hard. Especially when they were clearly color coded and marked as her helmet lights illuminated the space. "You folks out here really know how to make a damn fine ship. My suit's translating the color code schema to Shuristan standard so I know what I'm looking at. But this reactor's really heavily shielded. There's an access point into the hull crawlspaces from here. Looks like I can get to at least one of the docking spars from this bay... Markings indicate I'm in... Starbord Reactor Bay Three. Please advise the class of reactor I'm looking at. You should be able to see my helmet feed."

"The Reactor is a high output Aether/Anti-matter hybrid. That hull is supposed to be fitted for a heavy corvette. I.."

Silence.
Static.

The vibration of the hull was all the warning Aliset had before the asteroid tore the surrounding dock away from the partially completed hull. Aliset briefly saw the capsule she has entered through as it began to burn in Gashmere's atmosphere. Her piece of the shipyards spun violently away. Towards the Gashmeres Hammer and what remained of the fighter and mecha complement of the Battle of the Binary Stars. And the Asteroid field.

Sacre hardened herself, whoever was doing this was trying to erode their morale with their creepy antics. "Right now is when they should attack. Shields up, nothing in or out. Lock down anything that can be used to get in or out. If something shows it's face, I want to be able to shoot it. Advise up above we have a radiological weapon that's been used on us. It looks like they wanted to fuzz our sensors. We'll need a portable containment unit and wash tent. Let's cycle out and get clean armors. Also see if we can get a gunship for overwatch. Whatever is in this place is being Creepy, so we might just want to blow it up." Sacre said, backtracking and picking a safe place for the wash tent. If they wanted to wipe the computers and run, they should have done it already. With the destruction of the Dreadnaught, it was only a question of time in taking this if that is what the Admirals wanted. Sacre could afford patience right now, they couldn't.

Corvette hull, standard Aether-Antimatter reactor. She had booted one or two of these in recent memories. Prime the injectors, double check that the antimatter lines had pressure. Before she lost comm, she had already opened the lever into the reaction chamber to inject the first bit of material. Then the hull shuddered. And it felt wrong.

"Hello? I lost you on audio..." That was about the point where the violent spin of her new hull threw her into the wall, the reactor's first few cycles pulsing as it opened the tiny Aether portal, smashing degenerate matter to antimatter, releasing energy that fuelled radiovoltaic spikes. Other reactors followed suit, the computer waking from her slumber to bring the ship online, emergency systems recording the ship's almost null hull integrity and payload assist rockets burning hard to escape the upper atmosphere as remaining pieces of the station jettisoned. She scrambled to her feet, fighting the spin and the hard acceleration of the vessel trying to right itself despite still being attached to the docking berth that outweighed it by orders of magnitude. But this vessel was relatively brain dead, the ship's AI hadn't been installed yet, there was no adaptaive ability, no IFF, no way of it to think and reason like Aliset could. She had to get deeper into the ship, past the pressure hull, through emergency access panels and onto the bridge where she could...

There was a console, here! She quickly plugged her suit into it, punching in her Star Army credentials from memory to hijack control of the ship from the reactor bay as she felt the thrumming pulse of six reactors synchronizing, telling her that at least part of the computer was online, just like main power. So she commanded the vessel to transfer all controls to her screen, take autonomous control where it could, and begin transmitting her suit comms across all channels. As soon as others reached the bridge, it would disconnect their stations from her control and bring the system fully online, if that was possible... And judging by the computer's sluggish response, this fucker was brain dead. With no pressure hull, no reading from the engines, no life support, nothing that could keep her alive if this all went to shit. All she had was six... No, five... Four? Several of the reactors hit safety limiters and shut down, clearly only programmed for test startups. Shit. Three reactors and a dream, aboard a ship that was only a hair over thirty percent complete.

"Kakižėc, Kakižėc, Kakižėc, major hit on Gashmere shipyards, berth 225, we are disconnected from main station and spinning, engines nonresponsive, main power online, I'm still docked with the berth's remains, cannot fire main engines while docked. All survivors on this dock, please converge on this berth and board the unnamed corvette. I have main power, but I'm stuck in starboard reactor bay 3 exterior section, the nearest airlock is a hundred meter walk on the outer hull. Main computer will not accept my override, repeat no computer assist! Please advise on current course and repeat, mayday!" She knew the comm channels were flooded with maydays like hers, but her training kicked in before she realized what was going on. The tool the older Kodian had given her slipped from her belt and into her hand as she dove into the crawlspace, seeking shelter from the atmosphere if the wrecked vessel hit the atmosphere and couldn't disengage to land safely. She couldn't command a starship from a space suit. And the ship wasn't accepting her overrides to try to command it from a reactor bay. It would barely let her take over the comms like that. And even then. The comms were barely functioning, more like loosely bolted in and not really connected to anything yet. For all she knew, it could just be her suit transmitting.

Where had they parked Starbreaker? She hoped that the little Lion shuttle was being used to ferry evacuees, rather than sitting in an impound lot getting pelted by debris.

White Ridge
Gashmere

Radioactive slime and bad poetry.

Or so, she believed, as pertaining to the latter. A grimace manifested across Sassa’s features beneath the unreadable mask of her helmet as she attempted to wipe off the slime, only for it to cover her hands. With a frown, she quickly assessed her surroundings, checking to see if there were any allies not wearing power armor in close proximity. Then, after moving a safe distance away from any unarmored allies who might be in her vicinity, Sassa’s ICFS shimmered to life, activating a conformal mode field which she cranked all the way up to full power, not only for defense, but also in an attempt to burn the slime away.

Last edited:
Zanven was angered but he scanned the area and noticed his camo had turned off and he could hear Sacre as his initial scans gave them nothing to work with. He hoped that Sacre was just calling out in general for one of the other grunts to get what they needed, but regardless Zanven kept his rifle at the ready as he moved to look down the ramp as the entire complex was alight and colorful.

He radioed in as he walked midway down the ramp, making sure to keep away from any of the Task Force that were not suited up in Power Armor. "Brax to command...We are going to need a portable containment unit to wash up our armor...a radioactive weapon or agent is in play so be advised. Some armor will need to be cycled and any personnel without Power Armor or resistance to Radioactive materials will need to be evacuated and quarantine will be required for the site. Also, we will need to get a gunship for overwatch. What is the status of the shipyards and our VIPs..." He said as he waited for the acknowledgment, and kept a close eye on the integrity of the power armor. Pushing power to his shields he kept his eyes trained on the ramp. "Sacre, I have radioed command for backup and what you called for, however, we are still on a time crunch here...I am requesting to move ahead. I am not exactly piloting a shuttle here so I need to be doing something, we go layer by layer till we are at the bottom and can move deeper once we are cleaned." He said as he waited on the confirmation, he had the itch to get this damn job done...he always waited for orders or for acknowledgment...he was ready to move out on his own so that way they could finish this swiftly.

System Material Exploitation and Recovery Center -Exterior-
White Ridge
Gashmere

Itami

He hadn't moved from his hidden sniper spot until the group had entered, he wondered if they remembered he had still been outside as they entered. That was when he saw that Nara had been left behind as well. Though just as he spotted her, he heard about the radioactive slime trap which being 100m away his passive scans would have picked up this rudimentary trap. "TF Piglet, this is Silver Wolf coming in from his brief sniper position. Is anyone hurt?" He moved to stand beside Nara in his Black and Silver TARSA, decked out in a variety of weapons.

"It seems that these insurgents had a rather annoying surprise waiting for us, Nara. Have your scans picked up any other possible routes we can use to surprise them?" He stood taller then Nara regardless, in or out of a PA. Itami began his own scans for other less used routes into the facility, be they large enough for a TARSA or not, he hoped to find a vent system which could be utilized as a route to surprise whoever these jokers were. "This is what happens when you don't have a clear chain of command within the taskforce, and people may not be accustomed to working together, my lady." He stowed his Ke-W5-1A Light Armor Tactical Rifle into the attachment on his back and pulled his Ke-M2-W2913 from his hip catch. "Should we go see if we can assist them?"

He had been near the rear of the stack, he neither knew many of these people well, nor did he outright trust them just yet. Especially with him being a tinman and mercenary scum. To say he was caught off guard as they entered and were sprayed by what seemed to be radioactive slime, was an understatement.
"Is everyone uninjured?" He was wiping the slime off of his helmet out of reflex and trying to pin down where the creepy female voice was coming from.

He did spin up his gatling cannon, to ensure that it was working properly, before letting it cool down. It seemed that there were advantages to being a walking suit of armor at times.

White Ridge
Gashmere

Nara's eyes widened as she heard the announcement in conjunction with the assortment of assets. Things had definitely just kicked up a notch and things were about to start happening quickly. Immediately she pulled out her data pad and started a scan for threats in the vicinity, to include the facility that she still had not heard communications from. She began to wonder if things had been jammed from either the team that went in or someone on the other side.

Her ears twitched as she heard Itami's voice on comms. She was about to respond when she looked up to see him next to her all suited up. "Silver Wolf huh? Anyways, I haven't heard comms from anyone inside the facility. It is a possibility they are being jammed, though I cannot tell by our team or an unfriendly. Although given the recent new, could be tables just shifted into uncertainty. Did you hear about the Chairman?" she asked. She looked down at her data pad to see if any results had come back yet. "Nothing yet, but its running. I do concur the lack of structure and communication is aggravating to say the least, is this the norm? If so I may just continue to freelance." she sighed slightly concerned for those inside. "Its either we go inside and assist them or help protect the base that surrounds the facility they're in......should I hop into one of the other power armors around then?" she asked seriously. "Whatever it is we are going to do should be done quickly given the situation." she nodded and looked around gesturing to the forces defending the gate.

White Ridge
Gashmere

Miko had been tagging along with the group. Mostly staying low and keeping an eye out for what could come next. Which did not take long for the fireworks to get kicked off. He was also impressed with the scary singing coming over the loud speakers. It reminded him of when his mother would try and scare him late at night. It was going to take more than this. Once the action kicked off Miko had his four drones take up over watch positions. These little Ke-M4-W2903 Assault Drones was like having a small personal army. They would be able to take down pretty much anything they through at them. He made sure to share the sensor readings of the drones with the party as to give further details on the area around them.

White Ridge
Gashmere

Nara's eyes widened as she heard the announcement in conjunction with the assortment of assets. Things had definitely just kicked up a notch and things were about to start happening quickly. Immediately she pulled out her data pad and started a scan for threats in the vicinity, to include the facility that she still had not heard communications from. She began to wonder if things had been jammed from either the team that went in or someone on the other side.

Her ears twitched as she heard Itami's voice on comms. She was about to respond when she looked up to see him next to her all suited up. "Silver Wolf huh? Anyways, I haven't heard comms from anyone inside the facility. It is a possibility they are being jammed, though I cannot tell by our team or an unfriendly. Although given the recent new, could be tables just shifted into uncertainty. Did you hear about the Chairman?" she asked. She looked down at her data pad to see if any results had come back yet. "Nothing yet, but its running. I do concur the lack of structure and communication is aggravating to say the least, is this the norm? If so I may just continue to freelance." she sighed slightly concerned for those inside. "Its either we go inside and assist them or help protect the base that surrounds the facility they're in......should I hop into one of the other power armors around then?" she asked seriously. "Whatever it is we are going to do should be done quickly given the situation." she nodded and looked around gesturing to the forces defending the gate.

Nara's scan registered the Kodian forces around the perimeter and the crowd at the front gate that was growing more restless by the moment. Her equipment picked up a spike in radiation that was muddling any further readings for her instruments, the source seemed to be the doorway that the team had begun to enter through. While the radiation was not something that would harm them in their armor, it was playing hell with the sensors and comms. She also saw that the doorway seemed to be emitting a neon glow reminiscent of the inside of a rave dance club with an active laser light show. Several small pops sounded towards the front gate as tear gas canisters were deployed to attempt to disperse the crowd.

One of the Kodian NCOs and Issus Elapide approached Nara, and signaled Itama to come join the huddle. "The nearest DECON unit is 40 minutes away. I need you two to enter and clear that facility. We are losing ships and facilities in orbit, and asteroids and debris is starting to hit the surface. Nara, comms seem to be down. Tell Sanda she has command in the clearing operations, we will try to keep things as quiet as we can out here."

The towns emergency warning system blared to life. "An asteroid has been detected that will impact in or near the SMERC. Please evacuate the area. Impact is estimated in approximately 25 Minutes."

Issus looked at Nara, "GO, NOW." The Admiral hurried away with the Kodian NCO, drawing his sidearm as he went.

INSIDE THE SMERC

Sassas' attempts to burn off the sticky neon stuff seemed to just cake it on and make glow brighter.

"YOU ALL LOOK SO PRETTY! We should play hide and seek! Do you want to play?" The PA system blared in the garage in a small girls voice.
"YoU wOn'T HuRT uS, wOUldn'T yeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww."

The ambient radiation in the atmosphere wreaked havoc on the sensors of those inside the building, including the four drones, who repeatedly bumped into walls and each other as they attempted to move about effectively blind.

Kodian (Rapidly Declining) Orbital Shipyards
Unfinished Corvette Interior (Growing increasingly Warm)

Aliset's atmospheric sensors began to pick up a slight rise in ambient temperature, a small tremor started to jostle the hull of the ship. The comms were flooded with calls for help. Pleas or desperate messages to loved ones. Debris had begun to make landfall. The situation was becoming increasingly desperate for the stranded Senti.

Would she really die here, abandoned again by the people who she had tried to save?

Was it really her lot to fade away here alone, her constituent parts burned up and her ashes spread across a planet mired in conflict and division?

The craft shook violently as it entered atmosphere.

... or had something hit the hull?

Okay, Ali, think, you went through situations like this in Basic, and in your Trials... She sat back against the metal, letting her hand feel the firing of the modular thrusters attempting to arrest the spin of the third of a finished warship. She refused to die, here, and shook the intrusive thoughts away. She had promised to marry Sacre.

Not even the gods of chance and death could keep her from that goal. Tthinking of Sacre's smile cleared her mind as she considered, and was planning to build a rig with a couple of the PAM modules programmed to return to base, until the thermal sensors detected the infrared in the vacuum, and she cursed. Too early, damn it! She was pointed away from the planet when that strike had hit! Did she really get kicked retrograde and get shot at the atmosphere?

So deeper into the hull she went, reaching up and out of a panel to disconnect and disengage one PAM, then another not far away. These she tossed into what would eventually be an FTL drive bay, along with a frame used to haul hull panels around. Complete with ratchet straps! She finally figured it would be best to grab a third rocket module, just in case she had managed to get her grubby xeno hands on a dirty one. While she was at it, she took a navigation node for the PAMs, just a little two channel slave unit that would carry much of the programming to fire and guide the rockets in zero gravity.

"Any station on this channel, I'm releasing the FTL drive bay cover, stay clear." Just in case that was a rescue. "Please advise location and fall rate of Orbital Shipyards berth 225."

She didn't, yet. No, she was still assembling her rocket sled, clamping the payload assist module rockets to the hull panel frame, a little bit of adhesive to stick the controller in place, connect a couple thunder plugs, and then start the boot process. Onboard batteries and alternators provided plenty of power to run the module, and she started linking it with her suit, attempting to get it to communicate with something, anything as a home base while she kicked off to start pulling the bolts that would hold the hull panel in place. Finally returning to her near suicidal last hope to stay alive, she checked fuel levels.

Fifty six percent... Well, she was glad she had grabbed that last PAM as she started the refuelling process and strapped herself in. Maybe if she was really unlucky, she was going to be kicked into the atmosphere at full throttle. But it was getting way hotter than she liked in here. Even in vacuum. Her suit wasn't rated for the kind of temperatures reentry would bring.

"I wonder what music was left in this helmet..."

Last edited:
White Ridge
Gashmere

Itami

“Great, things were going from bad to worse.” The helmet of Itami’s head just shook as that thought ran through his head and he began formulating plans. “No time to fuss or hold any punches, Nara.” He led her over to an unmanned Mindy and lifted her up, to situate her inside and went through a brief rundown with her on booting the Mindy up. “I will let the others know the situation.” And with that he made his way to the entrance, stepping clear of the Radioactive goop.

“Task Force Piglet, the deacon team is 35 minutes out, Sanda you have situational command of the operation. Nara is suiting up in a Mindy currently.” Itami looked around to survey the damage done optically to the other TF members.

While Itami was giving the situation briefing, the team would see 77 release the catches on his helmet and pull his helmet free, revealing the gray skinned cybernetic head beneath the helmet.
“Itami, minus the sensors in my helmet, this radiation reminds me of home, the Tinman can remain the hammer for this operation.” 77 hadn’t expected this nor had he expected to need to remove his helmet to see, but the radioactive goop was mother’s milk to him.

Itami

“Right, so the tinman does have a face, good to know. So, besides Nara, 77 and myself, who else can move forward without waiting on the decon teams?” He looked to Sanda. “I apologize, you have command of this operation. What are your orders?” He paused for a moment going over calculations in his head. “There is an asteroid on a collision course for our location in approximately 25 minutes.”

Last edited:
White Ridge
Gashmere

As all the reports started to roll in, Miko could not help but roll his eyes. It was bad enough they had been tricked into setting off a boobytrap, now they had to deal with sensors being jammed by radiation in the air. He was lucky in that his Ke-M2-D3000 Forearm Ellipsoid Shield blocked whatever paint had slipped past the group. He'd have to launch a formal complaint that the Mindy armors lacked the ability to shield up against a very primitive attack. This was the same as someone slipping past all the security of SA to steal a pair of the Empresses panites. This was shameful and embarrassing. It was at that moment one of his drones knocked him in the head. Clearly these things were also being effected by the radiation and were nothing more than a kids drone. He had them reattach to his armor as to not have them cause more issues than needed.

Miko was getting word that it sounded like someone new was in charge which was music to his ears. He hoped that Sanda would help the team learn how to dodge roll away from a slime attack should it happen again. Once more Miko heard the blare over the PA system. "Man, either this one wasn't hugged enough or spanked hard enough but this is getting old." He said as he put a round through the PA loud speaker closest to him. "Looks like time is short so we best get our groove on and get this over with. I really do not feel like testing if our Mindy armor is rated for an asteroid strike."
Gashmere
Orbit

The Koun had been in orbit prior to everything going sideways. It had stopped by to show a sign of support and to drop off crew who wished to make a difference in the fight there. Alastair figured since things were slow now would be a good time to let crew mix with other teams from different ships. Though interesting enough Alastair was not to be found on the Koun as it was being commanded by first officer Kamiko Akino.

Things looked grim once all hell broke loose. The celebration had quickly turned into a fight to live. The Koun was doing its part as best it could but more was going to be needed. Then warp signatures lit up the hud of the Koun. Over communications a message was heard in an angelic voice. "We, are the defenders of the Yamatai Star Empire. We, are the Empresses's blazing sword and Star Empire's crushing fist. Hundreds of billions of hands ready to fight for our mission. WE, ARE, STAR ARMY!"

A Super Eikan-class Heavy Cruiser dropped out of warp along with a small company of ships. The large main cannons of the ship blasted the rocks closest to the it into space dust. As the ship moved into position to help, light shined across the hull, YSS Kibo no Hoshi was illuminated. "This is Captain Alastair Belmont aboard the YSS Kibo no Hoshi. Your help has arrived."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back