• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Honeybear don't care

Sacre looked down at the necklace, at that moment there was nothing more that she wanted to do than to stay with her dad and... she wasn't sure what, hug him? Slap him? Cry and confess everything? She looked up, seeing the people who needed her help, and for the first time in her life felt conflicted between her duty and something else.

Anslen watched the exchange, not really sure what Aliset was talking about. "Clearly we have a lot to talk about. We'll do it when things are safer." He said confidently.

Sacre nodded, feeling some tears in her eyes. She wrapped her father in a hug for a long moment. She moved back and prepared her next jump. "Get to the shuttle Senator, they've killed a dreadnaught, let's not add you to the list."

Anslen nodded, "Sacre, before you go, I have to tell you that I love you."

Sacre looked at her father, not sure what to say to that but not having the time to figure out the right thing to say, so she went with the obvious answer. "I love you too." Then she leapt back into the danger.

Mikodimus has been enjoying a good laugh with his nurse friend when everything went sideways. He was launched off the bed and ended up on top of the nurse. Had this been any other day he'd laughed it off but today was not that day. No, this was a day were Miko would need to slap around some fool who got the bright idea to have a thought. A thought that involved getting mixed up with a solder like Miko. A man with a razor focus behind the smile. Skills which he had honed over many years and was about to unleash them on what fool decided to rock the ship.

Miko got to his feet and helped the young nurse back up. He thanked her for the company and assured her this is what had cured his busted bones. He grabbed up his gear and headed out to see what all was going on. It did not take Miko long to figure out that command had once again failed. Even with front row seats they had missed the signs of an attack. He rolled his eyes knowing he should not count on those better suited at holding down a chair than doing anything useful. It would be up to him and the piglet team to try and save this from being a complete diester.

Sanda grunted in frustration as her face scans came up with nothing. There were just too many people moving in and out of the room. Maybe if the video could be analyzed for a couple of days something would come of it but for now it was a futile effort. The Ranger turned to look out the viewports at the void. She needed a moment to clear and refocus her mind.

She was one of the first people to notice the bright flashes of light. "Que esta pasando?" Sanda thought. Then her eyes widened. "No, no puede ser." The bright beams of destructive energy began to bounce off the shields of the station. The bright lights around the room were replaced with flashing emergency lighting and the artificial gravity suddenly went out. For the first time in her life, Sanda saw the benefit in being a Neko or even a Mikan and their hovering ability. However, the Ranger had graduated from Giretsu school and knew how to get around in zero g. Pushing off the nearest object, in this case a shocked Kodian, Sanda managed to get to a wall where she flipped around and then launched herself towards the nearest exit.

Sanda assisted those near the exit through into the hall way towards the escape pods. As she did she caught sight of the Mighty Battle of the Binary Stars move to block the incoming asteroids. The dreadnought suddenly exploded and Sanda looked on horror as a huge asteroid came crashing into the MOTBS. Sanda felt as if the wind had been nocked out of her. How had that happened? How was that even possible? It was a Maldito Izanagi!

Sanda couldn't take her eyes off what had just happened. Couldn't even process what had just happened. An asteroid struck the station sending everything that wasn't bolted down to fly in random directions. Sanda was struck by something in the leg and head almost simultaneously, cutting her face. But the blow snapped her back to the present. Their were people who needed help evacuating. Sanda launched herself off a floating table back towards the exit and continued to help with the evacuation.

NARA

Nara gratefully accepted Itami's hand and held it while she stood with the device concealed in her garments safe from prying eyes. Once stood and stable she retracted her hand from his and nodded, "Thank you." she said quietly. "I wonder what the supposed main event is if this is the distraction. I started another scan, we will see what, if anything comes back." she noted in reference to his earlier statements while brushing the wrinkles out of her robes. She took a moment to look around and noted that Koda had taken the podium. Her datapad dinged, not with test results but with a message from Mikhail, "Looks like it is time to head back." she said with a look towards Itami.

While she waited for Itami she heard a commotion and looked up toward where the uniformed member had pointed. Her eyes widened with horror at the events that unfolded subsequent to the explosions. It echoed of chaos past with the sheer destruction that lay before her eyes, but only a small taste. She braced against the nearest logical surface fully prepared to fall as the station rocked. Nara lost her balance from the force of the rock, falling solidly on her rear end. "That will smart later," she stated getting up and rubbing the sting out a bit whilst looking around for Itami. One thing was for certain, they needed to get out of here and regroup to decide what steps were to be taken next. She looked amongst the crowd hoping that the ranger had not gotten thrown.

Itami

Itami nodded to Nara as she released his hand after accepted it to help her to a standing position. "You are welcome, Nara." He wondered this as well, though the answer would be a shock to all in the spaceport. He would be following behind and to the right of Nara as they began to make their way back to the shuttle which had brought them here as security, he wondered if they would get a chance like the evening before to spend some more time together, perhaps trying another of the many restaurants available to them. "I hope that the others have been given a chance to heal after the incident on the game field."

He was pulled from his own thoughts as the light show revolving around the new ship and the asteroid came to light. He lost sight of Nara as he was launched a good 20 feet into the air as the impact rocked the spaceport. Thanks to the enhancements given to him upon his entrance into the SAoY, being launched into the air with the loss of gravity and power wasn't as much of an issue for him, as his Intertia Control ability allowed him to just kind of float there 20 feet up, this gave him a decent view of what was happening both in the hangar and outside the windows. He caught sight of Nara, probably about as quickly as she caught sight of him floating there in the air about 15 feet away and 20 feet in the air. He floated over to her. "Nara, are you alright? We need to get with the rest of the TF and see what we can do to aid in evacuation." He floated a few feet off the ground and maybe a foot away from her.

77 had been busy with his own scans of the area looking for any anomalies when the warning klaxons started and the spaceport rocked. He could feel the loss of gravity as he began to slowly pull his way from the back of the shuttle to the doorway.
"Brax was it?" His synthesized metallic voice came through. "We should ensure that the rest of the team is safe." He was unsure if his next action would be wise, but it seemed that there was already a panic, as he pulled his armored form through the shuttle door.

It would be a jarring sight for anyone who had not already met him, this 6'5" armored hulk appearing from the a shuttle.
"This is 77, requesting response from Task Force members, if any aid is needed please make me aware as I am undamaged and accustomed to zerog." He would speak over his internal comm, which unlike his exterior one did not mask his voice and he almost sounded humanoid and not just a tinman as he had begun to be called by the other TF members.

A pained ursine voice came over the comms of the members of the Task Force.

"This is Mikhail, get back to our shuttle. There's noise on the command frequencies that there's a compound on the surface controlling these god damned rocks. We need to get down there and stop this attack."

Sanda received the communication from Mikhail. Finally, something she could actually do. Enough of this maldición politics and niceties. It was time to hit the dirt and get dirty. Sanda clicked her coms and accessed her Mindy suit. She moved to an empty area and activated her suit. A moment later her Mindy suit appeared in a blinding flash of light. Tossing her dress uniform aside Sanda quickly suited up and sealed her Mindy. She attached her sidearms to the Mindy then checked the Plasma rifle that was already on the suit. Everything was showing green.

The Ranger was ready to go. She opened a channel to the TF team and to the Taisa. "Taisa Mikhail, this is Joto-Hei Hoshi. I am suited up and ready to go. I am heading planetside and will find a safe LZ for the shuttle as soon as it is loaded up." Sanda activated her suits thrusters and went flying out of the space station towards the planet. Her sensors pinged the source of the signal. Sanda gunned it. It was finally time for some payback.

By this point, Aliset had managed to grab a hull patch kit and was hips deep in a portion of the hull with a tube of RTV and a vacuum tarp patch already over the hole. She was laying a bead of silicone around her patch, and floating a small piece of aluminum to cover it before slamming her foot down and making a seal that she reinforced with a plasma torch to tack the patch in place with a practiced, efficient movement of crosshatched welds. It wasn't pretty, but the vapor test showed that section wasn't hemhorraging air anymore.

Seeing Sacre land, she pulled a nearly four inch wide zip tie from the hull patch kit and snapped it around the Kodian's missing leg. With a fierce pull, she ratcheted it down as far as it would go, just above where Sacre's tail was cutting off circulation. "Go planetside, I'll meet you there. You're a decorated officer. I'm a Senti navigator, not infantry, and not a doctor. My place is keeping station alive long as possible. I'll catch the last shuttle soon everybody else is off safely." Her accent came through strong in the stress. "More people patching the hull, less air lost. Less air lost, less lives lost. Only thing I can do is fly, and even, you seen my driving."

Sacre could see the decision wasn't easy for her girlfriend. But this was also a woman who had spent her entire life in space. No matter how deep the Star Army training and chain of command went, the instinct to see herself as the last one to get out, the last one to stop making repairs ran deeper, through evolution and early childhood. In this moment, Aliset was the least important person on the station, the first to throw herself at a hull breach and seal it with her own body if she had to. Even if that meant just one person could get out of there alive. All of her species were like that, it was nothing special. If anything, that kind of response to danger was what had allowed her species to survive as long as they had. She wasn't even thinking about how doing this would maintain her cover as a civilian.

Finally she looked up, and Sacre could see the greens and blues ringing those rusted red eyes as she focused on her words and spoke clearly, "I swear to you. I will meet up with you when I can. Go be a hero. I love you. Don't die."

Sacre wanted to argue with that, her girlfriend was being weird about this Gashmere mission. However, she was also right, "Just so long as Mikhail's not going to be mad. If I thought you were going to make him mad, I'd drag you along." Sacre said, reposistioning herself in the zero gravity. Her tail moved like a long ribbon, giving her an incredible amount of leverage in zero g. To turn around she bent her tail in the middle, allowing her tail and her torso to rotate in different axes. Then she tucked her arms in, and her tail out adjusting her moment of inertia to roll first one part of her body, than extending her arms and adjusting her tail to roll the other. It wasn't as fluid as a Cats as it was a learned skill, not a reflex and she hadn't practiced it as much as perhaps she should have, but it worked to get her pointed in the right direction. "I'm not going to be on the space station falling out of the sky. So you don't die on me. Also, the answer is yes." With that, Sacre launched herself and the Kodian back into the air and towards the waiting shuttles.

Zanven’s eyes went wide as the speech was going good and when the ship was activated there was a round of applause. He did the same as he sat with his compatriots, but as they looked towards the dreadnaught he blinked as he saw the weapons fire. “Fuck…that’s not fireworks.” He said but it was too late as the station was suddenly rocked as the power was thrown off and the gravity was knocked out again. “I should have stayed with the shuttle.” He saw his compatriots move to each other, leaving him floating there.

There was chaos as he moved towards the shuttles and he was soon finding it even more difficult as he had to navigate around various pieces of metal from damaged shuttles. Evac orders were given and he gave up being secretive as he pushed off and made it to their shuttle as he left the doors open and started preflight sequences.
“Alright everyone, Brax here…shuttle is hot and ready, get your asses in here, throw the VIP’s that are left where they can escape or get them on here. We have a base to secure, rocks to wrestle control of, and some asses to kick.” He was quick as the shuttle roared to life, he established a field at the door creating a small environment not suspended in zero g. Everything was ready to go now, the members of the Task Force were already making their way over…or at least Sanda was from what he could see.

Kodian Orbital Shipyards
Gashmeres Hammer Docking Berth

It all happened so quickly.

First applause, then explosions and chaos. The impacts sent Sassa flying like everyone else, but her inertia controllers and Nekovalkyrja instincts gave her a better outcome than most, allowing her to assist any civilians who lacked her abilities or training. She performed her duties as if she were on automatic, her digital mind only operating in terms of what needed saving, doing, or engagement.

She couldn’t—wouldn’t think about the fate of the YSS Battle of the Binary Stars and its crew.

"This is Mikhail, get back to our shuttle. There's noise on the command frequencies that there's a compound on the surface controlling these god damned rocks. We need to get down there and stop this attack."

In the midst of repairing a hull breach, Sassa quickly finished her work before gathering the tools, placing them back inside the crate, and handing the kit to a passing Kodian crew member. She immediately flew back to the shuttle with as much speed as she could safely manage through the crush of debris, bodies, and wreckage. Before long, she arrived, her mismatched eyes catching sight of Zanven and the armored form of the Freespacer mercenary—both welcome sights.

“This is Sassa Hall-Hei, reporting present on the shuttle.”

Last edited:
NARA

Nara spotted Itami about 20 feet away and airborne, she shook her head to clear her thoughts. "A bit disoriented from the sudden onset of zero gravity, might need a hand getting back to the shuttle....." she paused and blinked slowly. "You float?! Lucky little.......anyways, I agree we should get back to do what we can to aid in the evacuation." her head tilted to look around at the destruction that had been wrought around them. The communication from 77 came over her comms, "77 this is Nara, I am alive. I see Itami, but I cannot see the others. If Itami cannot get me back I might take you up on that offer, if you're not afraid of putting hands on a Norian that is." she looked back up to Itami. "If you can get me back through this zero gravity, I owe you so many books, probably ammo to." she said with a somewhat serious look. It probably would not be the best option to actually take 77 up on that offer but being stuck here with no gravity was not even a consideration.

The norian received Mikhail's communication and smiled deviously,
"Looks like its time to smash a few heads together, shall we?" she asked the ranger. "Sounds like Zanven's got the shuttle ready." she said with a bit of excitement. This definitely turned out to be an exciting adventure, hopefully they would figure out what happened.

Itami

He was a bit jostled himself, but no worse for wear overall. “As long as you are alright with me picking you up, Nara, then yes I can get you back to the shuttle.” He reached over and picked Nara up, carrying her like a Princess in his arms. “77, this is Itami, I am undamaged and have Nara with me, she appears unhurt. We are making our way there shortly.” He would begin to float towards the shuttle and As he got closer he could see others of the TF, making their way to the shuttle as well. Minus, those who had been injured during the game most looked uninsured minus scrapes and bruises.

Floating into the shuttle he would set Nara down in one of the seats.
“Your chariot, my lady.” He would strap in beside her. “Sounds like we will be bringing the hammer down on these enemies.”

77 would remain next to the exterior of the shuttle, as he would wait until the last of the TF were aboard the shuttle and he would then strap in himself and wait for extraction to the surface.

Shuttle

Miko floated in behind Itami and Nara. He took a seat near them grinning ear to ear. "I see someone was getting the royal treatment today." He said with a light chuckle. "I guess no one shared you can find emergency mag boots in case of gravity issues." Miko comment as he lifted his foot to show he had been wearing a pair. "All I ask is that my Mindy be dropped off so I can do my part to bringing the hammer down on them."

When everyone had made it on board that was coming down in the shuttle, he made a final announcement as he would signal 77 to get inside. "Alright, we are heading to a facility that is planetside and attached to a settlement...White Ridge. Time to get the lead out of our asses and get ready for immediate suit-up and to put the hurt on these bastards that ruined a good night." He said as he would pull up on the yoke and jerked the shuttle up and out towards the doors. Once outside and into the debris-laden space he would direct the shuttle toward the coordinates he had received.

As they entered the atmosphere he began initial scans as he would see White Ridge come into view. There was a large dome that was attached to a large antenna array and he guided the shuttle to the landing pad designated Delta without any delay. "Brax with the away team here, Be ready for minor injuries as well as angry soldiers aboard looking to gear up and stick a boot up the ass of whoever attacked us tonight...I am one of them..." He did not say WHICH of the ones he was but he was still angry and as the shuttle came to land he unbuckled and shut the shuttle down as he moved back, opening the shuttle doors. "Alright, the taxi is off duty let's suit up!" He called out without stopping as he was moving to be one of the first to step off and be ready to go change into his battle gear.

~30 minutes after first asteroid impact on Battle of the Binary Stars

Orbital Shipyard - Gashmere

The Kodian Orbital Shipyards were a chaotic scene after being struck by multiple asteroids. The once orderly array of lattice work cradles and orbital stations was now a mess of twisted metal, sparking electrical systems, and shattered debris floating in the vacuum of space. Fires raged on several sections of the shipyards, fueled by spilled fuels and broken gas lines. Alarms blared continuously, adding to the confusion and chaos of the situation. Emergency crews, both human and Kodian, rushed to assess the damage and attend to the injured. The loss of life was significant, and the ships under construction or undergoing maintenance in the shipyards were badly damaged, some beyond repair. The air was thick with the smell of smoke, burnt metal, and the sounds of shouting and sirens. The damage control efforts on the Kodian Orbital Shipyards after the asteroid strikes are intense and dangerous. Teams of engineers, technicians, and military personnel are working tirelessly to repair or control the damage.

Working along side the repair teams Aliset is approached by an elderly Kodian in an Engineers coveralls.

"One of the lattice work cradles holding a partially constructed starship has become unstable and is in danger of collapsing. The collapse of the cradle would not only destroy the partially constructed ship, but could also cause a chain reaction that could lead to the destruction of several other ships and critical systems. We need someone to board and manually disengage the ships berthing anchors. If the lattice collapses, portions of both the starships and the lattice will impact population centers dirtside. Can you help?"

System Material Exploitation and Recovery Center
White Ridge
Gashmere

The town of White Ridge is a small, remote settlement that is located near the facility. The town is situated on the edge of a large, rolling plain and is surrounded by rugged, mountainous terrain. The town is home to a small community of people who are employed by the facility or support the facility's operations in some way. The town is a mix of old and new, with modern buildings and technology coexisting alongside traditional, earthy architecture. The people of White Ridge are hard-working and tight-knit, and they have a deep sense of pride in their town and their connection to the facility. A large crowd of onlookers has gathered outside the cordon attempting to learn about the fate of loved ones or friends who work inside the facility. The antenna area is the only part of the facility that is visible from the surface, and it is an imposing sight, with its towers and dishes reaching toward the sky.

As the shuttle lands you are met by Issus Elapide, a male Separa'Shan, and Mikhails counterpart in TF Piglets Command Structure. He passes along the following information. A force of Kodian Planetary Guard Power Armor, infantry, and vehicles has set up a secure perimeter, a cargo container waits next to the pad with your equipment from the Fort Nozomi Armory.

"The subterranean facility in White Ridge, Gashmere, is a complex network of tunnels, chambers, and labs designed to control the asteroids used in the attack on the Kodian Orbital Shipyards. The facility is located deep beneath the surface of the planet and is protected by reinforced concrete and granite walls. The facility is powered by a large generator on the lowest level. The facility is normally staffed by a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians, who work together to maintain the facility's infrastructure and control the asteroids.

The antenna area above the facility is a large, flat, open expanse of concrete and metal. The area is dotted with tall, angular towers that support a web of communication dishes, antennae, and satellite receivers. The antenna area is surrounded by a tall, chain-link fence that is topped with razor wire. The fence is typically patrolled by security personnel, however they are missing and unaccounted for at this time. Most of the interior was designed to Kodian standards, passages are 4 meters by 4 meters. When you all have geared up, we will breach and begin to secure the facility. Members of Black Wolf squad and Kodian Planetary Guard Infantry will secure your progress as you move into the facility."

Last edited:
Working along side the repair teams Aliset is approached by an elderly Kodian in an Engineers coveralls.

"One of the lattice work cradles holding a partially constructed starship has become unstable and is in danger of collapsing. The collapse of the cradle would not only destroy the partially constructed ship, but could also cause a chain reaction that could lead to the destruction of several other ships and critical systems. We need someone to board and manually disengage the ships berthing anchors. If the lattice collapses, portions of both the starships and the lattice will impact population centers dirtside. Can you help?"

"On it," Aliset chirped in Shuristan, slipping into a pair of emergency mag boots before she repeated herself in Yamataigo. "Lead the way, please. Any ideas on how to arrest the station's spin and fall, or are we still trying to bring the orbital maneuvering system online and in backup using the frame hulls as tugboats?"

It pained her to see Sacre go, but what use was she on the ground? Certainly, one of the best shots on the Koun, but worse in power armor, scoring well below a quarter of passing on most power armor qualifications. The only saving grace was her theory and technical knowledge of the system. Did not mean she could use it. This left her with a massive heat signature, a dangerous weakness to puncture wounds, and a hate for the cold that would prove her a liability on this battlefield. She was far better suited to bridge operations where if she had to use her shooting skills, then something else had gone majorly wrong.

Still, she followed behind the Kodian, ripping the skirt off her dress to expose her leggings and more easily fit into a space suit for her EVA. Her species had spent the last half million years surviving in this exact situation. She wasn't just born and bred for this kind of work. She was evolved for it. Moving in the null gravity, despite her bipedal, almost hominid form was as easy as breathing to her. Inertia, grip, pull, push, turn, drift slightly and stay close to the walls. A can of air at her hip would provide thrust if she needed it. So far, the seal hadn't been broken. Her mind casually calculated the spin angle of the station by the drift rate of debris and flow of smoke, where it lay denser or where the sparks of molten metal from tack welds and failing systems landed on the walls and floor. The tenths of a G force that it would take to visibly affect these patterns and their speed as she flew past let her know all she needed.

"Where are the anchors, how many are there, and what's the release look like?" Her next question was far more task oriented. The others could be answered by the soothing sounds of comm chatter and fans, orders and accomplishments. Like an etherial dance with death in her purest form. "If I can get the ship unberthed, what's stopping it from drifting into other cradles, or do you want me to throw some PAMs on it and jettison?"

Sacre spotted Black Wolf next to the containers, they were already dressed in their armor. They had her gear with them, she moved over and changed. The team crowded around her to give her a small amount of privacy. "It took you long enough to get here. You almost missed the party." She said.

"Well, you know how it is. When you take the bus, you get there when the bus wants to." Takei joked back.

Sacre briefed them as she dressed. "Allright, so we're going to be taking this underground warren. It's probably too late to stop the signal, but we will if we get the chance. We need all of the intelligence that we can get. Aten, you'll be infiltrating the system soon as we find an access point. E.E. Your more familiar with Kodian architecture than the rest of us, so your on point. "

As Sacre went on outlining the plan, E.E. nodded, but the Kodian seemed a bit distracted looking out across the mountains.

"Are you with us E.E?" Sacre asked.

E.E. Snapped back into focus, "Yes, Ma'am. It's just... well, memories."

Sacre looked into E.E.'s eyes and understood. "Understandable, I just got hit over the head with a load of them too. However, we have a mission to hit back and we need you here. This is the chance you joined the Army for and I won't let you waste it no matter how incompetent you pretend to be." A moment of understanding passed between them and Sacre continued her briefing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back