• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 2.0] Spirits in the dark

Wapoin Rou'sa

Murr nodded gratefully to Toga as she straightened up, relieving the pressure on her newly mended abdomen. Letting him put on the paper slippers and raising her feet to make it easier on him. She would've patted him on the head in thanks, but refrained. She gave him a nod with a lot warmer expression and a soft smile, mouthing 'thank you'.

She stood up, her expression going neutral and trying not to show weakness amongst peers. Her eyes gave evidence that she was just putting on an act of bravado as there was still a lot of damage that still needed the attention of Sasâvyjo'sa Yaobas and La'ta.

Murr grabbed her Dahomes' HD and her HS-PE4-1a Mako'sa Kyn (Data Pad), putting them in the lab coat's pocket. She felt naked the way she was dressed; panties, bloodstained undershirt, lab coat and paper slippers; and everyone else was in battle armor. Even the two Baqli were better dressed than she was. She slipped into her pocket also, the back up personal service pistol.

But deep down inside her where it counted, Murr knew she did extremely good. It showed in her stance, even though she favored more damaged side of her as she moved about carefully not to undo La'ta's medical patch job. It was first rate as far as she was concerned.

La'tâ hesitated a moment but then quickly followed after Sogi, turning to Murr as she headed out the door. "Murr, do not move around a lot, you should be good for general movement but it still might hurt a bit." She then continued after Sogi, even though all hostiles were removed there is still a chance they could be wrong, or Sogi could just trip and hurt herself.

"Sogi, slow down, you do not need to rush, everything is alright now." She tried to catch up to the young baqli quickly as she could in the armor, not using the thrusters since she would need them for the trip back.

Sogi stopped for a moment and turned to La'tâ. "When the piai say to put on our suits, they always expect us to do it quickly. That way in an emergency we will be familiar with doing it quick. She then opened a cabin door and stepped in. She stopped inside to survey the wreckage. The various items that her family had use to decorate the cabin were smashed. She walked slowly through with her shoulders drooped. She paused briefly and picked up a damaged frame with a printed image of Sogi with her parents. She picked up a silver necklace that had somehow escaped undamaged.

After that she opened the closet and pulled out her spacesuit and one for Tota. She quickly donned the spacesuit checked the various seals but left the helmet open. She picked up the one for Tota. She looked at La'tâ with eyes that glistened with tears that she was fighting to hold back. "We should get this to Tota." she said and walked out of the room.

Last edited:
Cabin

La'tâ watched Sogi as she navigated the wreckage of the room. She could see that the baqli was distraught, obviously the room was her own and once filled with things important to her but now that was all gone, just a pile of rubble remained. "I'm sorry we didn't arrive sooner Sogi." That was all she could manage to say to the situation not really sure if even that was appropriate.

Once Sogi was ready to go La'tâ looked her over once herself to double check things. "Yeah, let's get back to them, then we'll get Murr a suit." She gave Sogi a soft pat on the back and started to head back.

Sogi started following La'tâ. "We can get one from one of the Ânamusme Wunyasa. Our Tin-Ta'a insisted that space suits should be stocked in at least two of them per deck for emergencies. We will pass one on our way back to where Sar Murr is waiting." She offered.

Wapoin Rou'a

Murr had the chance to study the effects of the missile that's been fired into Wapoin Rou'sa. Seeing the heavy fire damage with minimal explosive damage, but still lethal if unprotected. She scowled as she couldn't resume her search for information to help the rest of Team in figuring out what happened before, during and after the invasion of the cargo ship.

She found several test tubes with stoppers and a scalpel to take scrapings of the impact area for forensic study on the make-up of the payload of the missile to shed more light on these hijackers or pirates. She made neat markings on each test tube, the contents it held.

She would pause as a sudden movement r twist would remind her that she wasn't in perfect health, but seriously wounded. At least walking wounded, thanks to La'ta ministrations. Murr moved slowly as she worked to take her mind off her injuries. Otherwise she would be a cranky fidgety feline if she sat still.

Deck 1

Looking at the two, Memi shrugged, "It doesn't matter, let's just get this done." He frowned behind his faceplate before turning and heading towards the ship's main data collection room. As he walked he checked the magazine of his weapon and realized he was down to the last quarter of it. One maybe two bursts and he would be dry, and left with just the tail lazer, something he wasn't sure he could work with.

"How are you two doing on ammunition?"

Deck 1

Hewid looked at Memi, "If you folks need clips, I have several here." He said holding up a canvas bag with handles. He reached in and pulled out four clips. "Help yourself, I always throw some extra's into my tool bag. I'm going to take what is left of this armor to the Âdortin'sa. That way we can get it back to the Yome for analysis. Then I need to retrieve Sar-Murr's Dahome. We do not leave new clan tech behind." With that he grabbed the dead armor by the legs and started down the hallway.

Deck 1

Miali had not fired her gun overmuch, but took one of the clips offered from Hewid anyway, placing it in her rifle. Better to be safe than sorry, in case there was still one more of those things hiding on the way to the ship's brain. "Thank you, Hewid. You're always so well-prepared," she purred in response, "I'll be along to the Flitter bay as soon as this is done to help you get them in cargo and start warming up the engines." With that, she fell into step with Memi and Syaboa alert for any more unpleasant surprises.

Hallway

La'tâ took Sogi's advice and kept her eyes peeled for a damage control station, getting a suit out of it once she did find one, making sure that it was in proper condition as well. "We'll have you and Tota to safety soon Sogi." She gave her a smile and continued back to the medbay to see how Murr was coming along.

Wapoin Rou'sa

Murr was kneeling amongst the rubble of the debris of the Wapoin Rou'sa, sniffing at a few charred pieces of metal, then scrape something off them into test tubes. then write something on it before putting the test tube stopper in place. There was an emptied doctor's bag with test tubes holding scrapings, bits and pieces of the debris.

She was scowling, occasionally barring her teeth at sudden twinges of pain when she made an awkward movement and a free hand paw would dart to the freshly patched spot on her abdomen. She would take in steep sharp panting breaths, recovering as she let the pain fade away before resuming her work.

Lab coat was covered in soot spots where she had rubbed her hand paws. But no signs of fresh blood.

Murr was the type that if the illness or injury didn't lay her flat out on her back and kept her there. She had to be doing something, even if it was simple chores or reading, and or tinkering with something.

Deck 1

Syaboa smiled at Hewid "Thank you, I had ran out" she collected a few clips for just in case and held onto her knife tightly "okay then, shall I accompany you, carrying the armour would be easier with two people" she walked towards the man and helped to lift the armour "then you two can go and get the brain information."

Wapoin Rou'sa

La'tâ made her way into the medbay and noticed Murr moving about doing small task. "Murr, you shouldn't be moving around too much, you're still not in perfect condition." It was unlikely that these task would really do any damage to the patch up La'tâ did, it was still not something she was perfectly confident in, not with how the medbay was barely operating in the first place.

She made her way to the hospital bed and laid down the space suit for Murr. "We got you and Tota suits to put on."

Wapoin Rou'sa

Tota came over and took the smaller of the suit. As he started putting it on Sogi came over and assisted him. Together they got him suited up in relatively no time. "Thanks Sogi." he said as he secured his helmet into place.

"You're welcome. Next time you can help me." she said with a small smile. She turned to La'tâ, "Sar, and Tota and I go to his cabin and see if he can find anything important? We'll be careful." She said with an imploring look.

Deck 1

"Thanks," Hewid said when Syaboa offered to help carry the damaged armor. He walked silently his mind whirling as he tried to figure out what this event was really about. As the entered the Flitter bay he finally spoke. "Goa'te Soujo are Daho'ai Âbime. They are called Goa'te Soujo because when they are sent out, they understand that they may have to kill themself rather than be captured. They aren't spoken of, if they die there will be no memorial or report of how they died.

This is wrong though. Really really wrong. First they don't use tech like this. They use stealth not weapons. When they are sent; it is to conduct recon on aliens for threat analysis."

He attached a cable to the armor and started lowering to the deck below. As it descended he turned back to Syaboa, "Goa'te Soujo are Never sent against Poku'vonai. I have a bad feeling about this."

Literally Shadow Warriors.

Wapoin Rou'sa

Murr looked towards the entrance way as La'ta and Sogi entered carrying the extra suits. She nodded La'ta as she put the latest stoppered test tube along with the rest in the doctor's bag that she was using to carry the samples she gathered. Then gave the okay hand gesture she was doing fine.

She stood up, relying on her arms strength to assist her legs to stand without using her abdomen muscles. Still there was a jabbing pain to the effected area, making her wince and ears flatten. She moved over to the suit that was brought by La'ta.

As Murr looked it over, she made funny faces. She sighed as she stuffed her useless Dahome's HD and her Mako'sa Kyn and service pistol into the doctor's bag along with the samples. Stripping off the lab coat and laying it neatly on the bed. She scowled as the undershirt had stuck to her fur.

She looked over the suit and slowly figured out how to put it on. Whether she did it correctly or not. It was a bit to big for her. At least she would be safe enough for the trip back to Yome Ismaopate.

She was thankful that Tiodomo had stayed with her and Togi, when La'ta had taken off with Sogi.

Last edited:
Deck 1

"Well looks like it is just you and me now, Kynlumu'a," Miali said to Memi as Syaboa went to go help Hewid with taking the armor to the shuttle bay. She made sure to toss him the extra magazine for his gun from Hewid's stash, then advanced slowly forward down the hallway that went past the bridge and made a turn to the security door of the Jodau Ruo'sa that housed the ship's brain. She checked that everything was clear of any more of the enemies before waving the reluctant Chronicler forward, her armored tail swishing several times alluringly as she stood guard by the entrance. "Go get that data, Sar. I got you covered."

Wapoin Rou'sa

Toidorno looked at Murr and La'ta. "I will take charge of the baqli. I will see them safely to Tota's cabin and then to the Flitter. La'ta make sure you take that armor with you when you go with Sar Murr."

He then motioned for the baqli to come with me. "Tota, we will see what we can salvage for you. Although it appears they attackers were rather thorough with their ransacking." he said as they made their way down the hall.

Wapoin Rou'sa

La'tâ helped Murr into her suit and gave her a soft pat on the back. "Thank you for collecting all those samples. They'll be useful back when we get back to the ship."

She turned her attention to Toidorno and gave him a nod "Yes Sar, I will bring the armor along." After saying that she moved over to the armor and attached it together so that it would be easier to carry and draped it over her back, turning to Murr.

"Ready to go?"

Deck 2

Wapoin Rou'sa

Murr nodded, eyeing the Dahome a bit sadly as she wasn't able to assist in carrying it. She gathered up the doctor's bag with the samples and moved towards the exit, with her service pistol in paw. Even though the threat was eliminated, at least the more obvious ones. Yet still unexpected surprises could appear. She would be ready, even though the service pistol acted more like a security blanket or a teddy bear to comfort her frayed nerves of being helpless.

Corridor

Murr, not the one to cower even though injured, stepped boldly out into the corridor and moved off hopefully in the right direction towards where the Ibaka shuttle was stored.

Deck 1

Taking the clips, Memi thanked him and turned to head off, "It won't take me long." He said to the pair following him. "I just have to open the link between the jodau here and the one on the ship. and then activate the data transfer. then it is just a few minutes of wait before ewe can head back."

As he made his way to the ship's jodau, he changed out the magazine in his weapon. glad to have it at full power again he turned and went down the hallway the computer room was. Once he arrived he keyed in a code that should have opened the door.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back