• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 7.5] Aeon Base

Transport Shuttle

Oto settled back within the shuttle's seat; stretching out her long legs and slender arms shooting up in a full on bone popping stretch. Thoughts churned in her violet topped noggin' of the ship she would soon, hopefully be a crew member of. She was dressed in her Dress uniform, not a wrinkle on display nor a button dull. Having spent most of her travel time spit shining and smoothing the outfit out with what one would consider the habit of a clean freak. It didnt help the fact her chest was on the large size and her height...sheez..

Donning her cap and trying her best to contain her short mop of hair, Oto got up and headed for the hatch once the pilot of the shuttle acknowledged their arrival at what was possibly to be her new home.

----
The shuttle backed up to the port airlock of the Aeon. Once the docking seal was verified the hatch opened up revealing the standard airlock of the Plumeria-Class. Standing at the open end of the airlock was standing a purple haired Nekovalkyrja in a Type 35 uniform with gray panels. She waited patiently for Oto to exit.

------------------

Marnissa listened to the alien. "Fortunately, the surgical removal of a limb or a portion of it, allows the limb to regrow. It is only when the surviving tissue has suffered severe cellular damage that regrowth is not viable. I do have antibiotics that are safe for my people."

Noting upon exiting the shuttle what was obviously a superior officer, Oto snapped off a crisp salute followed by a rather formal bow. "Santo Hei Oto Ni. M'am." She awaited permission to 'come aboard' as the saying went. A duffel bag was in her offhand and she had a rather friendly yet respectful smile lighting up her handsome features. Such was of course offset by her height and curvacious figure.

Rin nods and quickly looked around the walls and found a strecher behind some other equipment, he moved the other equipment to a safer place and brought over the strecher. He laughed as Cerus walked to the doctor glicthing out every other step and stared to climb up the doctor quickly "i think she wants to help", Cerus created a small buzzing sound, Rin looked at the doctor and sighed "so now all we do is wait".

"Well, the regrowth is good news," the doctor replied, "I should actually have a the blade with me, so with that and your drugs we should be covered.

"Most of my kind tend to just need pain killers, antiseptic, and a bandage - though some may require more than that. Even if our exoskeleton is damaged; one need only set it again, immobilize it, and let the body heal itself. Worst case, we put them in a tube upstairs for life threatening cases."

Eiven then looked down to see Rin's machination climbing his leg and a laugh from a little ways off. The technician seemed in a decent mood still at least as the old man looked down at Cerus dangling from his hip.

"Not sure how she can, but I've never been the best with machines," he offered Rin, "But yes; we have hurried up, and now it is time to wait."

Across the speakers a klaxon sounded as the cargo hold doors started opening. The atmospheric containment system keeping the planets atmosphere from entering. The klaxon stopped and Katae's voice came across. "Away team teleporting to our proximity, in t-minus ten seconds. Personnel in the cargo hold prepare to assist."

The neko looked at Oto, "Typically you should ask for permission to come aboard, but we are in an alert. Get in the hallway now and grab hold of the straps. Things are about to get seriously bumpy."

Cargo Bay

"Or maybe not," Eiven commented after the announcment with a smirk. He then looked back at Marnissa, asking retorically with some sober humour if she was ready. The doctor then looked at the robot that by now managed to reach his shoulder.

"Alright, off you get," the Minkan said as he picked the machination up and handed it over to Rin, "Best get her some place where she won't be in the way."

The lights in the cargo hold flickered briefly as the ship's systems compensated for the EMP pulse that streaked past the ship.

Across the speakers Katae's voice came a clear sense of urgency in it. "Bridge to Cargo Hold. Away team has teleported below us. Reports of at least two of our members having teleportation induced amputation. Assist them getting up to the ship, especially Yamamoto-Jotô_Heisho since he has no anti-grav capability."

A second later the collision warning klaxon sound. Then Eternity's voice came from the speakers, "Warning shock wave from anti-matter detonation approaching. ETA three minutes."

Ground

Eun-Kyung's sigh of relief at seeing Trowa came out as more of a sob, her breath catching. The pain had lessened but was still there; combined with the stress she was still short of breath. Unmuting her comms - and glad that nobody had heard her - she managed to speak more calmly this time. "Yamamoto is unharmed but his armor comms are down. I'll standby on the ground until he is recovered. Sakura is proceeding aboard under her own power. Out."

Increasing the power of her inertial abilities she floated slowly over to the Thaurgon she had carried and waited, almost directly beneath the cargo ramp, for Trowa to approach.

"Well, I guess that worked well enough," she called out over the team net. "Assuming we don't get blown away down here. And on the bright side, at least it was my other leg this time." Her laugh was more of a hoarse croak, but she was just glad she could find some humor at the moment.

Oto facepalmed at the lack of permission granted before snapping off a salute and hurrying intio the hallway. She soon had the straps in hand and wrapped about her wrist; legs were bent in a squat just in case her face decided to meet the wall. Her knees would stop that if it were to occur.

Cargo Bay

Eiven saw the lights flash and wondered, only to quickly let his breath out when he heard that the Away Team was below. He started to run upon hearing that there were unintended amputations; his training for older bodies taking over in the man's mind. The doctor was soon floating inches above the deck as he accelerated past what his legs could manage, though they kept on moving as if they were still doing work.

The Minkan zipped out of the field, soon needing to consciously use his inertial manipulation in order to stop before going over the edge. He looked over the edge to confirm the two suits missing a leg each and a third coming out from behind a bush. One of the team members whom was a leg short could be seen on their way up, and he was glad for at least that level of mobility; but then the flash caught his attention.

The cadet pulled out his communicator and connected to the Cargo Bay, "Santo Hei, I need your help out here! Stat!"

Sunflower continued to ascend using only her natural gravity-manipulation. She was uncertain what additional injuries the Thaurgon may have taken, and she was not about to try shifting its mass while in flight. As she approached the Eucharis she floated in about ten feet into the cargo hold before putting her one good foot down and lowering her patient. "Need a hand here. Besides my injuries, this Thaurgon suffered a several electrical shock with accompanying electrical burns. I haven't had a chance to see if they suffered any Teleportation amputation or not." She said wobbling trying to maintain her balance.

Eiven's first thought was to go check on Sunflower; but there were still people on the ground and in harm's way. It would have been more of a dilemma, had he not been in somewhat similar situations before as well as spoken with the captain earlier. The doctor quickly made his way over to the suited person in the Cargo Bay while calling up the name of the technician who was with him there.

"Okumura-Hei," he called out, "Help Yamamoto-Heisho up here! " The man steadied the other medic while pointing his voice over a little, "Marnissa! Looks like we will need an emergency first aid lesson!"

He then set his attention to Sunflower, "Other than what's missing, how are you feeling? Any other pain, any numbness?" The Minkan attempted to help the Neko sit down so that he could get a better look of the at where the limb had been severed before pulling out a flashlight to do a quick, cursory inspection to ensure the bleeding had been properly cut off.

Last edited:
Sunflower looked at Eiven, as she lowered the Thaurgon and removed her helmet. "I have most likely two broken ribs on my left side, I suspect one may have injured the lung. Pretty sure that in addition to the amputation, that there has been some burning of the flesh. I am not sure what if any radiation got to us during the teleportation. If it is okay, I think I would like to sit now." she said sagging against him.

Seeing that the amputation looked better than anyone could ask for, the doctor allowed himself to relax a little until he heard Sunflower's report on the rest of her condition.

If it's ok... Eiven thought to himself with a bemused smirk, Had you a body like my original you would still be on the ground trying to scream in that condition.

The old man chuckled and set the Neko down to lounge as comfortably could be managed. He then took out some antiseptic and cleaned off the open wound before applying some sterile gauze to it. the Kohosei then knocked on the helmet, "Might as well take that off so I can keep you awake. Can't have you going into shock on me, now can I?"

Eiven gave the armoured figure another smirk then looked around to see if Rei was still around - or if he was working on what the doctor had asked him to do.

Sunflower could feel her body giving in to the effects of all she had put it through. The adrenaline in her system was diminishing, so she was feeling every ache and pain. She reached up and after two tries succeeded in releasing her helmet. She lifted it clear of her head with both hands and let it drop to the floor next to here. She looked at Eiven for a moment trying to place the face. 'A new person on board... ' "I am Sakura Sunflower-Jôtô Hei. What is your name?" she inquired as she tried shifting position. She let out a gasp as pain ran through her side. "Guess I should stay still."

Ground

Having caught her breath, Eun-Kyung looked around and took stock of the situation. It took an effort of will to ignore the sensations from her left leg - not so much pain now, but still very strange and very distracting. Engaging her mind seemed to help though as her gaze swept past Yamamoto, the Thaurgons, the direction of the approaching shockwave, and then up toward the ship itself above them all. This is taking too long, she thought to herself. As much as she wanted to simply collapse and pass out, there was still a bit more she needed to do.

“I’ll ferry the Thaurgons up,” she called out to Trowa across the team net. “Then you can boost up to the Armor Bay without worrying about them.”

She moved over to “her” Thaurgon and hefted the alien again, then slowly increased the output of her intertia manipulation. They rose, nearer and nearer to the open Cargo Bay and Eun-Kyung could feel the exhaustion hovering around the edges of her vision but pushed on. Reaching the same level, she set the alien gently down on the ramp and gestured for it to proceed into the bay.

“One more!” she called out over her armor speakers and then dropped back toward the ground.

Cargo Bay

The doctor looked back, raising his eyebrows at the bit of cute staring at him from beneath a layer of sweat. Again, he recalled how much he realized he would have to deal with such things after his first week at the Academy just as Sunflower introduced herself.

Sakura, Sakura... The captain mentioned something about a Sakura quite recently. "Ah! You're the other medic," the old man smiled, "Nice to meet you, and yes you should try not to move too much. I am Eiven Lankinen, Shoi Kohosei and a recent addition to the Aeon's medical staff."

The Minkan's head wiped over toward the door when he heard some one call out. Instead of the source, Eiven ended up only seeing a Thaurgon where there had not been one before. Seeing this he heaved a sigh, hoping that meant things were going alright.

"Seems I arrived none too soon," he commented

Surface

Trowa waited for Eun-Kyung, he was also watching the distance horizon. Knowing that a shock wave of incredible destructing heading this way. He looked longingly at the Aeon and wished that he was on the bridge at his normal station. He did not regret volunteering for this mission, but the ship and crew were in danger. However, even after getting to the ship, there would not be time to get out of the armor and make it to the bridge. One of the other crew would have to fly the Aeon clear of the danger.

He watched Eun-Kyung plummet towards the ground, then looked at the Thaurgon, "Well my friend, you are going to have a different ride up to the ship."

Cargo

Sunflower looked at Eiven. "Yes, I have been serving as the medic, though I am primarily a nurse. But there is little distinction." She coughed and a spasm of pain wracked her chest. "Well Shoi Kohosei, I am glad you are here." she said wiping a bit of blood from her mouth.

Surface

Eun-Kyung manage to slow herself down enough to not simply slam into the dirt and instead drifted over to the last alien. Her armor sensors had picked up Trowa speaking to the Thaurgon, but she hadn't really been paying attention. Assuming that he had alerted the alien as to the next step, she simply reached out and grabbed it up. She took moment to settle the load and then glanced over at the Nepleslian.

"All right, head on up," she called out across comms and then began to rise toward the ship again. She set the alien down on the ramp just as she had the other but this time followed it into the Cargo Bay. Landing on her intact leg, she tried to stand leaning against the port bulkhead just inside the atmosphere containment shield but the jolt of pain that shot up as her leg began taking her weight startled her. Barely managing not to topple over entirely she slid down the bulkhead to sit on the decking.

"Bridge, Kim. The last Thaurgon is aboard. Once Yamamoto-Heisho is back in the Armor Bay we'll be clear to button up and begin maneuvers."

Cargo Bay

Eiven noticed the spasm and started digging into his medical kit, pulling out the injector and a general pain reliever cartridge. He managed to get the charge loaded, but then heard more thumping over near the door. Upon looking, the doctor noticed Eun-Kyung slide down the bulkhead and cursed to himself.

Looking back to his first patient, he held up the injector. "Want one before we start getting jerked around?" he asked a bit politer than he needed to, "I'll also want to get some scanning bots into you quick so I can run over and check on the other one there."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back