• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Fourteen: Uekiya pt. II

IYS Empire
Cavern

Alastair had delayed slightly before jumping down into the hole. He lightly touched down on the walkway directly below the hole. He scanned the area he was in and was completely amazed. The inside of the ship was just massive. I could get use to being the captain of a ship this big. He thought to himself. The fire team spread out in front of him moving to push deeper into the ship.

He was about to move when he picked up the order to check the starboard side hallway of the ship. He linked into the NSB drones as he made his way to this side of the ship. As he walked his own drones launched from his back and floated just in front of him. As he neared this side of the ship he took a more tactical approach. He punched into his search algorithm the most likely place the leader of this ship would most likely be.

The drones from Eden showing the way was clear allowed for him to more quickly move down the starboard side. For such a big ship there is like nothing here. I would have expected a much higher level of resistance. His mind circled around this idea. Without a doubt he expected this to be a trap. More so if it was this easy to get into the ship. He started to get a bad feeling that this might be nothing but a decoy. After all if we are going after their leader, who is to say they are not doing the same to us.

IYS Empire
Cavern

As Odo dropped in, he suppressed a whistle of admiration. Even though this was the enemy ship, the ship itself was impressive. Also big, very big. Odo didnt think that the YSE had anything like this cavern on their ships.

As everyone dropped in, things happened fast, way too fast. He could barely keep up. The chatter, something about going after the weapons, an order for the science people to stay in the center as back up. He moved to the center and readied his weapon, keeping an eye around him. He was worried that there werent any enemies coming through. Surely the sensors had been detected by now. Were they walking into a trap?

"Where is everyone?" he said to the other members who had reinforced in the middle of the cavern, not really expecting a response, just talking aloud.

After eveyone was going about checking the hallways and there different jobs, Odo piped up with an idea. He sent a communication to the leader.
"Should we go after the engines? Shut them down and the power plants, cut power to the ship. It might help with the battle to make this ship defenseless and useless for a time."

IYS Empire,
Inside

After the breach, Coconut's position at the edge of the group made her take a little bit longer than she'd like on getting down through the hole, and then she managed to miss what little of what might have counted as 'combat' that had happened. Pursing her lips in a dissatisfied fashion, the brown-haired, olive-skinned Neko mad sure to push forward, mentally 'tapping' her thrusters once she had teleported close enough to the door and heading down the hallway. Following the NSB's, Coconut continued to 'tap' her thrusters to catch up to them, her LATR faced forward and ready but she was on high alert, monitoring every direction as she went.

"Hopefully there's actually something for us to do, soon!" Coconut muttered, mostly to herself but anyone listening to the comms would probably hear the bit of frustration in her voice as this became a game of cat and mouse with plenty of cats but no mice.

IYS Empire
Inside

Saya had to marvel at the size of the interior. She had thankfully been back and away from the combat as when the hull had been cut through she had fallen to her butt as her blade came free. It was a cute eep that escaped her mouth into the empty helmet. The fall though had saved her any need to lift her weapon in combat. She was quick to follow in after the others, weakly keeping her rifle at her shoulder and ready but praying she didnt need to use it.

Then they got to the interior hanger and Saya couldn't help but let her mouth hang open at the sheer size. She followed where she needed to go, but regardless she was still a little overwhelmed by the size of the ship. At this point though thankfully there was little for the medic to do just then.

IYS EMPIRE
CAVERN

Ragnar hopped into the breach after the largest cluster of PAs made it through; there was some chatter about a fire fight but it seemed quiet once he touched the ground. Orders and split teams were already being called out, and he opted to stay with the science guys to serve as medic should anything happen here before the teams converged.

While the parties split off and began their respective tasks; Ragnar set about making the cavern team less exposed. Using the strength of the mindy to tear off and shape layers of inner wall plating into makeshift barricades and dragging a few boxes together for cover. A small firing pit near the exit.

“See little buddy, it’s all easy as pie.” He telepathically tried to reassure the most nervous of the medics. This was before he turned to the science folks left in the center. “I can understand why you’d enjoy watching my physical perfection enact labor to create a monument in dedication of not getting shot...but maybe we can geeksquad up and help doctor beefcake?” He told them via commlink.

Still got it, Ragnar thought to himself as he recalled how much fun it was to be a little mean. Hopefully the team going down the halls wouldn’t bring an entire ship on them.

IYS Empire
Inside

William dropped down into the hole after the others. He was about to attack but was beaten to the kill. The Nepleslian shrugged internally. Wouldn't be the last. Not in this massive ship. Listened to Eden's orders as everyone began to spread out. He turned and watched the command team moving down the starboard corridor. He thought for a split second, then turned and followed his aunty and the command squad. He wasn't going to let Eden get hurt.

His lance was drawn as he moved to catch up with the others. "I am coming with you." He said to the command team as he fell in line behind them. He silently gave a quick nod to Eden. A chibi version of himself showed up on Eden's HUD. It bowed to Eden and smiled warmly before disappearing.

Outer Space
Able listened intently to the comms, awaiting a response. There was none. Sighing in frustration, he kept to the cover of the denser asteroid patches, just waiting for something, anything to happen. After that hit he took, there was a kind of restlessness from the adrenaline filling his artificial body and mind that he just couldn't shake. He needed to do something. Anything to help.

He got little hints from hearing chatter that a second Mamushi had been deployed. Wait... What? He was for certain that he was the only fighter pilot aboard the Kaiyo. Either way, he couldn't say that the new entry onto the battlefield wasn't at least a small sigh of relief. At least he could say he had a wingmate now. Sort of. "Able-Hei, on standby and awaiting orders, Chusa." He finally spoke over comms, partially out of frustration that he was sitting here, twiddling his thumbs while so much was transpiring. Though, he did suppose that one Mamushi out in the thick of all this was a big, flashing target. Hell, his shields were already down to 70% from just one hit.

YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge

Performing a looping corkscrew around a mid-sized asteroid, Gravity looked at the rear cameras and found her persuers gone.

"Thank you, Spectre! Kaiyo's rejoining the fight!" Gravity said over the comms and banked hard left, lining up on another ship.

"Sing for me, baby!" she sighed to her ship gleefully and pulled the trigger once more.

Enemy Interior

Seinosuke followed Eden's commands precisely, crouching at the center of the room amidst the others. Training his MAW straight up through their entrance with slitted eyes. He'd be dammed if they were jumped from behind.

As far as they knew that was the only exit and the Juni wasn't going to let it get plugged when nobody was looking.

YSS Kaiyo
Captain's Suite

Arbitrated Iemochi mumbled in her sleep. She rolled over a little bit, her massive belly weighing her down. Curled up in a ball still kinda, she had become her own magenta blankets. While the scene was incredibly adorable, it was... At a rather inconvenient time.

IYS Interior

Arete's breathing was fast and shallow, but still in control. She spoke clearly: "Eden-Shosa, would you like me to take point? These cannons should be able to make quick work of any resistance we find in the halls here." Her starfire round-loaded shoulder cannons hummed slightly with energy, ready to unleash terrifying amounts of explosive firepower around at a moment's notice.

IYS Empire
Cavern

Sacre floated into the cavern, slightly disappointed at being ordered to stick around and not do much. However, that changed when she was told to find the weapons systems. "Aye ma'am." She said sizing up the job, "Ok, so those guys are probably pretty big and take some time to charge. Now that we are on the inside, we can probably pick up where all the energy is flowing to. Scanners out, lets make sure they can't vaporize our ride home. Walter, give me your thoughts about where they would put it." She said starting her scan.

Last edited:
IYS Empire
Cavern/Hangar

Walter paused, and responded to Sacre through the communication systems in his Mindy soon after she asked. "I have a couple of guesses, I haven't worked on these ships in my life. Either powered by a secondary Aether Reactor within the gun itself, or in Engineering. If your scans are picking up large flows of energy going from A to B, then if you consider the fact it takes that much time to charge up a blast, my money's on Engineering. Either case, it's more efficient to have a power generation that's dedicated to the gun; that way no one has to divert power to other systems."

"That's just me, though. If you don't mind, I'd like to offer my services as well," the technician added.

IYS Empire
One Cavernous Hangar Boi

“Question unnecessary.” Kyoi told Sacre. “Archived data states all Yuumi-class Legacy cannons utilize independent power sources for detachment phase. However, we may need to disable the reactor in Engineering as well. The question of redundant reactor design was factored in or not is classified.”

And, well, common sense too, you know. What are you going to do, wirelessly transfer power? The concerning part about common sense also stated that yes, there is a definite link from the Yuumi’s Legacies to the main reactor in case of emergency.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

Hoshi stayed stock still in her command chair.

"Boss?" she asked the MEGAMI. "Is the door between my ready room and bedroom closed?"

"It is, Chusa," Boss said.

"I think I may be having a very quiet meeting," Hoshi said, "in there in the future."

Deio Asuka opened her mouth as if to speak out, but then closed her lips and continued to work.

IYS Empire
Hallways

"Understood, Dokusei-hei," Eden replied over open comms, "I am proceeding to take detailed ship scans to gauge what we are dealing with, truly."

The XO activated her LPS's CIES unit that controlled the omnidirectional sensors and TQ-RDD. She then initiated active and remote scans. Eden saw the general layout of the enemy ship this way while traveling down the corridor and into the interior of the ship. She forwarded the information as she got it to the rest of the team.

"Santô Hei Odo has the right idea, check the schematics I just sent. It doesn't look easy to get to engineering."

"Up ahead looks to be more hallways and some crew cabins or small rooms." She said to the team in the hallway, "This whole deck section is connected to crew quarters, I'm assuming. Pointmen, head towards the centrally located zero g lift. I'm right behind," Eden said as she ducked into a doorway, which was alcove-ish in design, to let some pass. "I want an engineer at the port-side maintenance panels near the large cavernous hangar's door and someone to guard them as they look into what they can garner there."

Cavern

Some that had started scans through their suits would first find that the AIES units were able to initially see on the floor that there were tubes that were exposed from when the quasi-barricade was being made and the panels were ripped up from above them. The hoses were thick and about the height of Eden's NXT Mindy. They were an indication of possible energy sources, hidden beneath the floorboards.

Peio Muyomi, next to the door on the far rear or stern part of the interior room, reported.

"I'm getting readings from Teien-shosa of the IYS Empire's layout. It looks like there are hundreds if not thousands of enemy power armor in the large bay on the other side of this one. Stern side, all over. They look to be assembling. Within them are launchers of some kind with... Oh, oh Himiko. I need someone with a science scanner to back me up. On the other end of that other huge bay is engineering, from what I can tell, due to the size of what Hyde-hei suggested there would be. The transposition flux cannons, or legacy cannons, have power systems that are scattered throughout some of the layers between the outer hull and us." She pointed up to the ceiling of the large room and the bottom of it. There's more data too..."

Eden comm'd in to the team that was set out to get the weapons systems with a bit of information to elaborate on what Muyomi had said, with arrows pointing to the cannons positions above and below them on their respective HUD and spoke.

"They are positioned here, here, and on the other sides, same places. Is that enough information for you guys?"

IYS Empire
Cavern

Kiki looked into the partially opened door and deployed her leg NSBs. She viewed the hallway through the NSBs and noticed a the maintenance panel Eden was talking about. "I'll open the conduit!" Kiki called out, only then realizing she needed to get through the doorway first to do that. She had a tougher time getting through, despite being about 5 inches shorter than Eden with her new body, because she had the Kalamari arm system mounted on her back. She started stepping through the opening, putting in more effort to pull her mindy all the way through. She flapped her wings around until she got through the door, almost falling over but catching her balance before she did so. She then walked over and opened the port-side panel, unsure if she would fit into it with her Mindy and loadout equipped.

YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge

"Affirmative!" Chlorate responded from the Safety and Systems seat, actually wincing a little knowing she had just said it again. Her firing remained extremely accurate and precise, but she started targetting the enemies that were closest to the Kaiyo II now.

IYS Empire
Cavern

A request for an engineer went out to look into the maintenance panel, and another crew member volunteered for that job. Those passageways, if they were anything like their own, were probably small and cramped, it wasnt going to be fun for both of them.

He walked over to the same panel the other crew member, who the mindy identified for him, and watched her struggle to get through. He peered around her.

"Yeah, thats going to be a tight fit." He said in a communication to her. "Ive got you covered though." He kept an eye on the surrondings with his weapon up and ready. He just hoped when of the combat members would also be over to help with coverage. Better to be safe than sorry.

Space - Near YSS Kaiyo II

Shunjou stared at the destruction ahead of him wide-eyed behind his flight helmet. He commed Specter again, still closing on the PA's position. "Holy sh-- Wow... That was impressive, friendly asset. It doesn't look like you really need my help. Uh, you are receiving, correct? Say again, this is Yatagarasu. I'm your fighter support. I'll fly with you and defer to your command for this mission."

As he neared the suit, he turned his Mamushi 180 degrees and throttled down, letting momentum carry him backward now, still on path to Candon, while slowing down. He was ready to boost up to a full burn as soon as he had orders.

IYS Empire
Hallways

Wyatt's legs swung out into a standing position as Eden began giving orders, his suit coming to a halt just off to the hallway side to both hear her out and study the various readouts she threw at the team's HUD - the minkan split his attention between dragging his amber eyes over the information and keeping his pointed ears trained on her authoritative voice.

"Solid copy, Shosa," he pinged back over comms before rising up to continue pushing towards the ship's core, kicking off the bottom of the zero-g lift to shift his inertia upwards before kicking off the back wall to propel himself onto the next floor - armoured boots coming into contact with the deck, Wyatt raised his wrist-cannons up and began eyeing his surroundings.

The marksman wanted to know where the hell that enemy armour he pinged with the arrow earlier had scampered off to.

IYS Empire
Hallway- Maintenance Panel

Kiki tried a few times to get into the now-open maintenance conduit, but she just couldn't get her Mindy to fit. "Yeah... I'm definitely not gonna be able to get in here... if I weren't in my Mindy I could, but I am, and there's no way it can fit in here..." she admitted, the technician bird giving up on her attempts to get inside.

IYS EMPIRE
CAVERN

Saya remained where she was, scanning as best she could as she watched the others make their moves. She unfortunately didn't have a scanner but regardless made sure to watch the wall which seperated their area abd the power armor bay in hopes that she might spot something rather then it sneaking up on them.

Rather then feeling useless, Saya did make her way over to the one of highlighted spots. It wasn't a science scanner, but she used her Mindy's scanner suite regardless to see what she could determine, passing on the info to the others. She had made her way to one of the far highlighted spots to stay away from any potential combat that might erupt from the otherside of the bay.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back