• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Nine: Mamemameshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
YSS Kaiyo II
Medbay

Care turned from the desk she had laid out her gear on. Her own form drastically underequipped compared to those who had actually went on the mission, her solemn face tilted as she observed the hologram that had stepped within. The hologram was unfamiliar, humanoid in appearance, but seemingly less so than Care herself, projected from some drone. "Hello." She offered in response. "Can I help you?"

The small hologram hovered in the air, looking at Care. "I am Chlorate. Which area is this?" She curiously eyed the room.

The room itself was rather large, a stark cleanliness in it, free of clutter or dirt. Care adjusted her eyes, the blue orbs clicking repeatedly as her hands left the desk in front of her. "This is the Medical Bay. I am one of the crews Medical personnel, TraumaPatcher Care. Though I'm often called Trauma Care, or just Care."

"What is the purpose of the Medical Bay?" Chlorate asked. The FARS itself hovered idly by the doorway while the miniature hologram of the android looked around the room in front of the drone.

Care's eyes glanced between the hologram and the drone, her face still as she tried to piece together whether the drone was the being, or if it was simply projecting it from afar. "The Medical Bay serves as a treatment center for injuries and ailments of the crew. Whether it be as small as a cough, or as large as mutilation." She spoke quite clearly, her voice being projected from some device in her mouth. Her lips and tongue moved, but it seemed oddly disconnected from what was being said. "What do you do on the ship, Chlorate?"

Chlorate thought for a moment, unsure of what to say. "I do not yet have a task to perform on this ship," she said, "I arrived here recently, I encountered the members of the crew during the previous mission. I was in a larger drone and required a new form as it was critically damaged."

Care gave a brief, solidatary nod. The android tilting her head in the opposite direction of before as she inspected the hologram from her spot. "What was your job prior to your... Addition, to this crew?" She posed the question, seemingly trying to dig into what Chlorate was, and what she had been.

"I did not have a job. I was created rather recently, however I was forced to use the larger drone to escape from my previous planet,"she stated. She thought about what happened, her hologram slightly frowning for a mere split second and not easy to notice, but she immediately returned to a neutral expression.

The groves and breaks in Care's silicon flesh contorted, her lips briefly twisted downward, imitation eyebrows narrowing. Her arms moved to support her weight leaning on the desk. "Who made you?" She pushed further, more questions on her tongue, yet restrained for the moment.

Chlorate replied "I was created by two androids named Uranium and Plutonium. They were destroyed by another android who I do not know much about, other than that his coding was corrupted. This is why I had to escape from the planet, as he would've destroyed me as well. I fe-" She stopped, not continuing what she was about to say. She was about to mention how some feeling prompted her to escape as she had told Walter, but decided not to.

Care glanced away momentarily, debating on what to say. "Do you know what they did? As in, their jobs?" She decided not to push the pause, not yet anyway. "That may be an indication of your purpose- Assuming you know much about them."

"I'm afraid I was only activated recently," she replied, "But I do know that they were engineers or inventors of some sort. I asked Walter if I could be an engineer on this ship, and he agreed it could work..."

"Then that's something you should look into. I'm afraid I don't know much on how you would know. I was created for the purpose of medical practice." Care responded quite simply. "If you're looking to work within that field, then I suggest working with Walter." She paused, the rings of her eyes adjusting on the hologram once more. "Are you familiar with emotions?"

Chlorate beeped, surprised. "Emotions? I..." She looked at her holographic hands. "No... I am a robot." Ironically, for a robot who apparently didn't know about emotions, she didn't seem too sure about her own response.

"I am artificial. I was created, and I am, for all purposes, a robot. Yet I have emotions. Does that make me not a robot?" Her tone was soft, phrased more of an inquiry than of any directed message. "If I am not a robot, what am I?"

Chlorate thought about this... Even if Care had emotions, it was impossible for Chlorate to have them... right? They must've simply been a glitch... "I... That is impossible... I cannot have emotions," she stated. Again, though, she didn't seem to be sure about her answer.

"You seem uncertain." She paused, hands folding in front of her as she leaned against the desk. "Like you doubt your own response." Her eyes narrowed momentarily. "Doubt is an emotion." Still with soft phrasing, a simple contrary response to what Chlorate had said. "Why could you not have emotions?"

Something rather... interesting... happened to Chlorate's hologram. As her eyes raced around, trying to think, her hair... changed color, and turned bright yellow. "No... I am... certain. It must simply be a glitch, that's all. I have not been able to fix it. I am not programmed to have emotions, it is not possible... It's not how I was programmed..."

"A glitch implies malfunction. Malfunction implies that something does not work the way it is meant to work. If you do not know your purpose, how can you malfunction from that purpose?" The response dug back into prior things Chlorate had said, almost picking them apart. "Were you told that you cannot have emotions?"

"No," she said, "But it is illogical... I should not have them. I do not know why those feelings are there but they are most likely a glitch.

"The are illogical, but that's part of what makes them emotions. Emotions are imperfect, but they serve purpose. The break in logic allows deviation from standard." She paused, as if a new thought had come to her head. "But tell me, why don't you want emotions?"

"...Want?" she responded, surprised. "Please define want," she said.

"A need of lesser severity. You act as if, since emotions are illogical, you should not have them. Perhaps I phrased that incorrectly- Why must the emotions be a glitch?

"I do not understand them," she said, confused, "I should just be a robot, it is illogical for me to have them."

"You do not need to understand them. After all, the organics have them, and many of them don't understand their own emotions. Being a robot does not disqualify you from having them, as I have them, and so do many others. Emotions are not a negative thing, they can bring about many positive effects that a lack thereof would not illicit."

"This does not compute," she stated. "I am not an organic, and I do not see any logical advantage to having them."

"I am not organic either." The logic was apparently getting circular, and Care was noticing it. "What detriment does emotion bring? What benefit do you lose from it?"

"It is illogical, it does not make sense. It causes organics to behave in irrational manners, and there are several unfavorable emotions."

"There are also favorable emotions. Emotions like love. Emotions also creates friends. Those are fairly beneficial in almost any situation. Not everything in the galaxy can be broken down to whether it's beneficial or not. Some things are more complicated, and emotions help us understand that."

One word in particular caught Chlorate's attention. Love. Upon Care mentioning it her hair changed back to white and she thought about it, confused. "These favorable emotions are not necessary, I do not understand how they could provide any benefit. I do not see what the purpose of a friend is if we are not on opposing sides."

Hangar 3

Miko finished the setup of defenses in hanger 3. He check the time to note how much time had passed to understand what state of ready the troops might be further into the station.

After a moment he moved to the hallway attached to hanger 3. The drone he had left behind seemed to have kept the hallway clear of L'Kor to setup a counter attack. He started to move down the hallway, two drones facing back and two facing forward. As he came to intersections the drones would check around corners looking for L'Kor. Any discovered would be dealt with quickly.

Miko jumped on his comms and spoke too Yoshida, "Do we have a layout of this station for download. If not, be a real big help to get one so we are not fighting blind in this place."

Miko cut off his signal as a L'Kor came out of an attached room. In a flash his sword was coming out the back side of the L'Kor. "May you die with honor," he said as the body slumped to the floor.

Hangar 4

As William's blade came down, the L'kor was able to twist an arm up to catch the incoming blade with its forearm. The Nepleslian jumped backwards with a grimace. He wasn't quick enough to stop the activation.

No matter. It would only die tired now.

As he looked to Muyomi, he spared a second to look over her and watched as she dropped the L'kor running at her. William smirked with approval, and turned back to his own opponent.

With roar of defiance, William rocketed forward once more and swung both his blades downward against the armored L'kor.

Hangar 5

Miles turned his attention back to the ship upon hearing Walter's instructions, when he saw what was happening it took all of his will-power to not call out and ask if he was mad but instead swung his rifle around to follow the lead Walter had taken.

"I'm firing now, try not to shift position if possible." Miles unleased a hail of shots that hit mere centimeters from where the engineer was attempting to "drill" through the hull of the ship. "Are you sure this will work? I'm not sure if the two of us will be enough to break through even with your, interesting, tactic." Miles called over the comms continuing to fire around the area of the door where Walter was attempting to break through.

Miles had faith in the engineers abilities to come up with a plan in case this one failed, even though they had only met briefly to fix some medical equipment he could tell that Walter Hyde was an intelligent individual and trusted his judgement. This mission Miles had a duty to perform, assist where needed and keep the team alive and he swore to himself that he would do just that.

"Swimmingly." Yoshida stated simply, even as she blasted away at the crew members trying to get to their respective areas. Now, she wasn't sure what to do. Have the infantry advance deeper to attract attention, or sit in the hanger bays for easy escape? The decision was, supposedly hers to make. "Think I'll give it a few more moments- get an idea of how the enemy is reacting to THIS firstly..."

YSS Kaiyō
Bridge

“Good spot, Karasawa-Hei and good capture! Keep that L'Kor for later but move from hangar seven to take more down elsewhere,” Saki said out. Hoshi looked with expectant blue eyes at Saki’s violet ones and the Second Officer spoke again as she watched the hostiles in hangar one get killed by the Kodian and the samurai’s apprentice do the same in hangar four to a L’Kor, “Hangar three looks clear, Miko Belmont-hei proceed deeper in the station and I’ll be able to direct you to a console that will have a map within it.”

Asuka said, “You, in hangar five, Belmont and Hyde-hei. I see on sensors that the ship is losing shielding at an increasing rate but is getting out of the hangar despite that. We are not at the appropriate place in the station to assist you."

“Go after it,” Saki said to hangar five's crew members. “Fortifications are a good idea for later but remember there are many more hangars that need to be impacted by us right now, Shinomori-hei,” she said to hangar seven.

Meanwhile, ships had begun to depart their hangars and were beginning to line up and power their weapons systems in order for the fight between the Kaiyō II and the many ships of the L'Kor space station.

"Roger," Miko cuts off transmission to ram a L’Kor into a wall and stabby stab. "Moving in deeper to locate a console." He finished his reply back to command.

Before going too far Miko put out a call for back from the hanger bays as he knew it was not wise to go alone. "Moving in on station on special mission, anyone want to back me up?"

Sacre moved to join Miko as he headed out of the hanger. "You'll probably need me, bullet sponge." She commented reluctantly. She unsheathed her sword again, perhaps she could work out some of the anger she was still feeling on the L'Kor.

Hangar Seven ---> Onward!

"Well, you heard the boss. Stay here and behave yourself, mister beaksies." Karasawa pat the L'Kor's head. And then probably had to punch it out cold. Chances were it'd swear at her for all that, and she didn't have to take that sitting down.

But hark! Adventure!

"I'll be heading right on over to ya, buddy. Lets get a wrecking crew going." Karasawa responded to Miko. Now, she had no idea where hangar this number or that was, but she could just follow the comms easy. Made sure her shield was up and ready in case she walked into something, then bounded right out.

Anything in her way? Apply firepower. Even if that thing happened to be a wall or three. Not like it was it was their own things they were breaking.

"Imma coming up on your four o'clock."

Hangar 4

As William’s sword came down, the L’kor launched itself back at the Nepleslian. William cursed as he redirected his flight path. “Looks like this will be harder than I thought…” He said as he came skidding to a stop.

A second later two other L’kor armors flanked the lead combatant. William gritted his teeth. “Damn it.” He said as he dropped himself into a low stance. “COME ON!” He yelled.

The two L’kor who had just walked up both drew knives, and rushed to William’s left and right. The boy brought his swords up to block just in time, their blades making contact with his blades. The first L’kor drew a knife as well and lunged forward now that William was open.

William sneered as the L’kor flew towards him. At the last second, William kicked off the ground and fired his thrusters, landing a few feet away. He spun around to find all three charging him now.

The Nepleslian roared and shot out to the L’kor on his right. The armored L’kor faltered in it’s charge, not expecting William to recover so quickly. He drove his Kaiyo blade into the L’kor’s midsection. He followed up the strike with a close range blast from his forearm cannon, sending it flying into a parked fighter.

“One down.” William said in a low tone. “Who is next?” He asked. The two armors seemed to nod and charged him again at once. As the first reached him, William parried the strike and sliced his blade upwards. The L’kor jumped back and his blade only skimmed the surface of its torso. The other armor wasted no time and slashed out at William. He jumped backwards and brought both blades up to block the strike. The Knife made contact with his swords and it jumped backwards before William could counter attack.

William gave him no quarter. He flared his thrusters and caught him as he was in flight. The L’kor hands were pierced by the blades as William slammed it into the wall. With a crash, the L’kor smashed into the wall of the hangar. William withdrew his Kaiyo blade from its hand and swiftly brought it up into the L’kor’s skull. He withdrew his blade with a flick, sending blood splattering onto to the cold floor.

In the commotion, the final L’kor had grabbed a rifle and aimed at William. It fired on William and he took a direct hit to his shields. The strike caused William to lunge for cover, rolling behind a crate to avoid the incoming fire. He looked around as the enemy salvos struck his cover. After a few seconds, the fire stopped and something clattered to the floor besides him. “Oh no…” William fired his thrusters and a few moments later the frag grenade exploded. He skid to a stop and redirected himself once again firing the thrusters again.

Would you just die already?!?!” He yelled. His forearm cannons firing at the L’kor, making it find cover of its own. The Samurai in training landed behind the cover and found the L’kor was trying to bring its weapon to bear. It was too slow however, as William’s sword came up and cleaved the barrel in two pieces. In the shock, William drove his blade into the early crack into the armor and drove his blade deep. Blood pooled around the edges of the sword as the L’kor slid off the blade.

William flicked his blades once more. “Targets eliminated…”

Hallways between Hagners

Miko picked up his back up was on the way. He moved down a hallway and spotted some guards outside a door. He quickly hopped back behind cover and switched to a drone to scout. After a few moments he noticed markings above the door. He figured this might be a control room for the hangers and would have a console in it he could access.

He called over comms. "Karasawa, come up on my 6 and ready some lead. Got three hanging outside a door. Believe room they are guarding to be our objective"

Hangar 5

"Copy that bridge, continuing to engage." Miles continued to fire at the ship before an idea struck him, his mindy load-out was equipped with subspace mini-missiles in his countermeasure pods, he prepped them to fire at the fleeing ship and to create a hole over the area Walter was attacking above the boarding ramp.

"Hyde-hei, I've got a set of SDMM ready to cut us a hole in the bastards shields, if you'd mind side-stepping for just a moment." Miles ceased firing allowing the engineer to move to the side before he fired. This was his only idea, if it failed he doubted they'd have another chance to stop it leaving the hangar and would have to chase it into the open where they were exposed to station defenses and other ships.

Hallway, Coming up On Miko

"I'm always ready to rock." Karasawa almost growled with anticipation. Her blood was up, and the enemy was just begging for a good fight. It was almost too much to stop herself from just obliterating the wall between her and the enemy and going in howling. Well, she'd do that, but strategically.

Yeah.

Miko's first sight of her would be a beefy looking Mindy charging at him, gatty spinning ready.

Bridge
YSS Kaiyo II

Misaki clicked her communication line to the main infantry team, observing incoming detailed sensors data about the station itself. Even though she was a starship Neko, born to ride amongst the stars, she was already beginning to involve herself more into space and planetary unit command.

"Infantry teams, continue sweeping Hangar decks. At Yoshida's discretion, begin sweep-and-clear of decks above."

Hoshi raised her hand and looked to Saki, "I second this."

One of the drones indicated Karasawa was coming up on his 6. He turned to see a THICC Mindy coming at him. Oh my.

Miko called over comms. "Your on point Kara-chan, bring the rain and I will rush the room." Miko got ready to rush down the hallway as soon as the three guards are down.

Hallway

"I AM THE RAIN!" Karasawa roared. She had just enough self awareness to check that Miko wasn't in her line of sight. Or any other Yamatai FoF tags, for that matter. Something something, wasn't the SOFT team supposed to be on the station?

She shifted, bringing her full firepower to bear on the wall next to the door. She was gonna blast through, barrier module at full and just rocket in. If it was in arms reach, she'd crush it. If it wasn't, she'd turn it to free floating plasma. Karasawa was gonna kick the shit out of the enemy, and keep kicking the shit out of them!

Hangar 5

The technician knew the shields are pretty darn weak at this point; for Empress's sake, the Saber was grazing the metal ramp like gentle brush strokes! Though at the same time, Walter wondered if this was going to be enough, especially with the gunship about to jump station...

Under the guise of bravo and confidence, Walter complied with a cheer. "I'm on it!", he exclaimed. With that, he vaulted off the worn shielding, doing some minor flips in the process. "Give that gunship everything you got!"

Hangar 5

Miles nodded even kthough he knew Walter wouldn't see it and fired off two SDMM's one at the doorway where Walter had been focusing and another near the rear of the ship to expose its engines. "Missiles away!" He called over comms as he manouvered into a better position to fire at the rear of the ship.

"Hyde-hei, the doorway should be exposed for you to enter, I'm going to work on stopping it from getting out of the station and destroy the engines." Miles checked his surroundings for any L'Kor sneaking up on him before preparing to open fire on the craft.

Hangar 5 ---> Gunship!

Walter nodded to Miles, and boosted right to the vulnerable gunship. "OPEN WIDE, FLIGHTLESS SCOUNDRELS!" Whipping his saber around, he rips into the already torn metal ramp, making the large hole even larger upon entry.

He fumbled his landing, but otherwise didn't drop his gusto, thankfully. Walter spotted that L'Kor; the one that almost got a heart attack, to be precise. The Minkan grinned, the Cannons flaring to life, his Saber-Rifle gave off bursts, and his NSBs firedaway alongside those weapons.

The result was a mess of energy scorching the metal as Walter Hyde marched, a one-man platoon in the confined space of the gunship.

Komorebi station
Hangar 1

"Oh?" The bright emerald green eyes of the snakelike-soldier shot up, following the quickly timed events unfolding on his armor's monitor. The mighty thud of the descending Kodian, as well as the quick metallic ping noises bouncing off his armor, gave Abart'huse enough of a clue to figure out what was up.

With a swift turn he flicked his LASR into the brave birb's direction, holding it in one hand like a comically oversized anime pistol, and let loose a precise 3-round burst aimed around the feathered fiend's head. "Whoah there..."

In the spur of the moment, he didnt even notice the somewhat flashy pose he struck as he fired away, being a mix of a westen cowboy's standoff, and one of those overly zealous poses one often found in that one anime series, Jojo's mysterious...something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back