• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Could I get an explanation on the condition of Asher's arm, and how it was splinted?

I described the break as being a flagrant one, with both the broken arm and the power armor over it being bent out of shape.

Right now, I just can't picture how it was treated while still in the armor and splinted at that with Asher staying in the armor or the armor entirely stripped off his broken arm to treat it.

With Nyton's recent offer to fix Asher's damaged power armor, I'd appreciate being able to visualize this better.

Ayumu splinted the arm using a piece of pre-shaped metal to the outside of his Armor since she did not have the time or means to remove the wrecked Armor appendage. The splint was attached using medical tape to keep it in place. I don't think there's much they could do without removing the splint. Unless the repaired Armor insert could heal his arm faster then there's not much they can do. Asher will have to point that one out to Nyton. Plus I figure the pain involved might be an issue.

Nyton: "Grow some balls, man! Stop crying over a shattered arm!"

Asher: "Arrrrg!" *shoots Nyton*

I'm not sure splinting a bent piece of metal would do much, nor do I believe a Nekovalkyrja has the strength to straighten a PA's arm, otherwise why the hell do we use PA?

My call on the issue of Asher's broken arm:
I expected Asher's arm be treated one of two ways.

The first was to straighten the arm, laboriously pull Asher out of his power armor and then set the bone and splint the arm.

The second was to use special tools I assume a medical bay would have to help treat power armored soldiers to strip off most of the armor layers down to the thinner and more flexible hemosynthetic insert itself (thus getting rid of the broken/bent/twisted armor plates, etc...). Then set the bone and apply a splint to the arm over the insert to keep it immobile, in addition to an injection of specially-programmed medical restorer nanomachines into Asher's arm to help speed the rebonding process of the humerus.

I'd consider the second way as ideal, given that it stays mostly faithful to how things have been going ICly (no major IC edits are required, and Asher could've done everything he's done). I also find it a little more feasible than somehow manhandling the twisted armored limb in the right posture, set the bone from outside all that armor thickness and then splint right over the armor.

See I figured the Armor arm had been mangled and broken, had gone limp, but was still attached to the body unit. The arm was, in my mind, still stuck inside the Armor piece and could not be removed since it would require removal of Asher from the suit. With the damage to the arm being what it was they could not remove it without doing some work on the suit which they didn't have the 'time' for.

At least that was how I visualized it when it got set and splinted.

If someone could send me a PM if you start the fight with Melisson before the end of the week, I'd appreciate it. I can probably get on for long enough to post if you start that fight that early.

I doubt that'll be the case Aendri. ^_^;

Yukari can't progress without another Tom post, I think.

We're still due for a Sanjuro post in regard to Masako. If Moonman can't be reached to do it, I'd appreciate it if Blas could take care of it.

Rin and Nao can still participate in tech stuff at their discretion - Kotori's last post gave them something to do. Eventually, with no input, I'll likely just auto that end.

I owe Blas a post for Nyton. I'll be getting to it in the near future.

Posty posty... Uh... posty...?

I don't know how to put in my input besides saying "You guys, go ahead and go help with Surtur" since Rin is most definitely not in a PA. I don't think it'd be a very substantive post. Blarg, sorry if I'm being a total failure as a player at this point.

Well, I have recently made a resolution to return to the Miharu.

I know I've been moonlighting, and busy, and a half a dozen other things - however, the ship's schedule changed again, and I'm going to have some time middle of this month into middle of January, and I'd like to start getting back into the swing of things.

If some kind person would be willing to brief me on what's happened since I went -puff-, and where Yuzu would be/if she's dead yet, I'd be much obliged.

Scratch that. I think I can come back now, but I'll be shaky for the next week and a half or so, just because of finals. Should I just jump back into action in the medbay, or what?

I was lagging a bit to see if we'd get a Masako reply for Nyton's and Sanjuro's post (thanks Moonman!).

Seeing as there's none yet and that I've not posted since Nov 24, I plan to move on regardless this friday.

My prompt wasn't meant like that, Matt - I wasn't going to ask you to bend backwards to post - but I have to keep the plot's pace going for the sake of the other players too.

Thanks for posting. :)

Posting here while using Nyton's forum permissions as a test.

Okay I can see the forum if I use the Active Topics or Search function. But other than that it seems like I still cannot see the main page itself. This is weird since the top section of the page loads up (logo, navigation tools, etc) but not the actual forum topics themselves.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back