• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

THE GREAT NEPLESLIAN ART CAPER

I'll now be updating OP with Mark's info:

THE CHARACTER LIST

CIRRUS STATION CHARACTERS

1. Keziah Dells - DONE
2. Stovaa Drakon
3. Akio Noboru - DONE
4. Deacon -Cancelled at request of player.
5. Method
6. Serra Evangelle

NSS ACADIA CHARACTERS

1. Talbain - DONE
2. Otarcael, Lilly Livia (I'm hesitant to greenlight this due to Zairyo's commission, but I may have to.)
3. Phaedra Volkov - DONE
4. Henry Morris - DONE
5. Trey Penton - DONE
6. William Howard Harrison - DONE

MISC CHARACTERS

1. Robert Davis - DONE
2. Shaun - If slots are available (looks like that'll be the case).
3. Viktor Kingson - Art already done? Did you check up on this?

The adventure CONTINUES!

New pencil sketches of TALBAIIIIIIIINNNNN:

ai589.photobucket.com_albums_ss337_Tenebrismo_talbain_copy.jpg

and...

PHAEDRAAAAAAAAAAAA:

ai589.photobucket.com_albums_ss337_Tenebrismo_phaedra_copy.jpg

Pretty cool look. Like out of comic books, I think. :)

Tom said:
The adventure CONTINUES!
PHAEDRAAAAAAAAAAAA:

ai589.photobucket.com_albums_ss337_Tenebrismo_phaedra_copy.jpg

Pretty cool look. Like out of comic books, I think. :)
:eek: AWESOMENESS! I never noticed before how much Phaedra reminds me of Cammy from Street Fighter.

First off, the armor is spot on! The only thing that I would like added would be a holster for the pistol on her thigh and a utility belt with several pouches for spare mags and other supplies.

I'm guessing posing Phaedra with her rifle didn't work as well as her current pose; no biggie.

Everything else is great.

Quick question: Will Tom/we be provided with a hi-rez copy to make avatars and the like?
Dragonnova said:
Nep women are where it's at.
Agreed. :cool:

I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to upload images on this wiki, and all I did was upload a massive final Robert Davis picture that is way way way too large to go anywhere. I have all the originals.

I need someone who knows what the heck they are doing with the wiki to take all the orignal files from me and upload them in a correct size on each character page.

Or make really, really simple instructions for me to follow. Argh.

Tom said:
I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to upload images on this wiki, and all I did was upload a massive final Robert Davis picture that is way way way too large to go anywhere. I have all the originals.

I need someone who knows what the heck they are doing with the wiki to take all the orignal files from me and upload them in a correct size on each character page.

Or make really, really simple instructions for me to follow. Argh.
Unfortunately my experience is fairly limited as well.
Might be a good thing to ask Wes about, I imagine he would know a fair amount about the Wiki.

I'll do you one up, Boss, and give you the means to do both to choose at your leisure.

---

Step 1: Uploading Art

https://wiki.stararmy.com/lib/exe/mediam ... =character

This page here is where one would go to upload images into the StarWiki. You don't need to do any image size altering at this point; just put in the large originals using the upload. (This page also already goes into the correct namespace for images, "character", so you won't need to worry about all of the dropdown menus on the left).

Step 2: Linking to a Wiki Page

Just begin editing the wikipage of the character in question and, when you get to the part where you want the artwork added, hit the little framed picture button on the wiki toolbar.

This will bring you back to the page where you added the art, but this time you'll be taking from the page. Simply select the "Character" namespace on the left and select the appropriate artwork. It will appear as a line in the wikitext, garbled in wikisyntax.

Step 3: Formatting the Art

What you will get will most likely look something like this:

{{:character:NAME_OF_FILE.jpeg/png/whatever filetype it is|}}

with the italicized text being replaced by the appropriate names. In order to change the shape of the image (which will be fullsized by default), one need only add this to the line:

?pixelsizexpixelsize

where pixelsize is the number of pixels tall or wide you want the image to be. I don't know what the standard is for artwork, though, so you'll have to do some asking around for that. D:

Anyway, a finished line would look something like this (using my character Rico Sanroma, for example):

{{:character:Rico_sanroma.jpeg?600x400|}}

And there ya go.

---

OR OR OR OR OR OR

Alternatively, you can just send ME all of the images and I'll see if I can do it in my spare time.

Whichever you prefer, boss.

Please resize images BEFORE uploading instead of using the wiki resize. I will delete huge images that take up too much space on the server (think about how when I'm backing up the wiki each week I have to download all the images, eating our server's bandwidth).

I love it! This series of portraits is coming out so cool!

:eek: Just... Wow. :eek:

Even having seen the sketch, I had no clue it would turn out to be anything like that. This is some GREAT stuff. Definitely sexy in her own manner; kudos to the man behind the scenes, and gratzi, cyborg.

Talbain final. :)

ai589.photobucket.com_albums_ss337_Tenebrismo_talbain_copy_1.png

That brings us to a bit of an impasse. Looks like Mark doesn't have any more character information from the players who haven't had art done for them yet. Get on this ASAP or I'll give them out to other people.

THE CHARACTER LIST

CIRRUS STATION CHARACTERS

1. Keziah Dells - DONE
2. Stovaa Drakon
3. Akio Noboru - DONE
4. Deacon -Cancelled at request of player.
5. Method
6. Serra Evangelle

NSS ACADIA CHARACTERS

1. Talbain - DONE
2. Otarcael, Lilly Livia (I'm hesitant to greenlight this due to Zairyo's commission, but I may have to.)
3. Phaedra Volkov - DONE
4. Henry Morris - DONE
5. Trey Penton - DONE
6. William Howard Harrison - DONE

MISC CHARACTERS

1. Robert Davis - DONE
2. Shaun - If slots are available (looks like that'll be the case).
3. Viktor Kingson - Art already done? Did you check up on this?

Sent out a reminder to my Cirrus players on the list to send Mark their infos.

And, of course, this stuff is top notch. Tell me if there are any slots left over and I'd be happy to fill them up. :3

Thanks Fian. I'll get that uploaded and handled myself.

What size is recommended/required for the profile pictures?

And Talbain is beastly. Again, great. Everything has some exaggeration, from his cheek bones to his broad upper half. All the characters seem to have a lot of detail and embellishments. Wonderful.

I would reccommend somewhere around 400 x 800 px or so, then cropping it to fit more nicely. Just make sure you always keep your proportions, my suggestion is probably off because all my characters are fairly skinny.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back