• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Yamatai] Hanami Festival & BBQ Cookout of YE 42 - OPEN RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanako accepted the gift with the highest level of Yamataian decorum, gently and carefully accepting the model ship from Tesgi's boy with both of her hands. "I do command a warship. The YSS Eucharis is the ship that made first contact with the Hidden Sun Clan explorers in YE 35, a little before you were born. These days I help Star Army soldiers with their assignments," she explained. "But I still have the Eucharis for travel and rescuing people."

Noticing the huge Senti rudely trying to barge into her presence while she was still in a conversation to the Poku Ambassador and his family, Hanako recalled recruiting the first Senti in the Star Army a while ago at the Star Army Recruiting Center. "Excuse me," she apologized to the ambassador, before looking up at the Senti. "The YSS Tokyo is here today. You should speak to Taisho Katsuko over there for more information," she informed the huge metallic alien, gesturing in Katsuko's direction with her whole hand.

Returning her attention to Tesgi she said, "I am sure you heard about the Kuvexians who have come to take our worlds and enslave our people. The fight is not going well so far. At the international relations conference I imagine Yamatai will attempt to unite the combined forces of the Kikyo Sector to end their invasion. May I ask where your people might stand on that matter?"

Yaichiro smiled and gave Katsuko a bow, still too used to the military indoctrination to separate it fully from his casual life. The Taisa and Flag aide then waited patiently in line, noting the Kikyo Scouts from Tsubomi as well as various members of the Eucharis. Hanako's 'flying desk' job allowed her a lot of freedom to continue doing as she always had, the odd chain of command suiting her nicely. He wondered what the future held for her and her crew...but for now, he'd just be happy seeing them again.

The excitement at meeting them again wasn't an excuse to cut in line, though. That would just be barbaric.

Last edited:
Tesgi listened to Hanako. It was not the first time he had heard such dire words. "The Clan will stand beside our Yamatai allies." He told his mate to take the youngsters over for some treats. Once she had them in tow, he continued. "The Clan has been monitoring your news, and our other sources have given us information which we have discussed. We have been in a period of growth, colonizing a number of the worlds in our territory. Part of that effort has also been to increase our production facilities. Our ship production has been creating some new vessels. We will be sending a group of these warships to help with stopping these Kuvexians."

"Truly, the Hidden Sun Clan is Yamatai's best friend," Hanako replied. "The Empire will remember this and be forever grateful, and lend you any support you need as well. I hope that the other nations will, for their own reasons, also join us in pushing this invaders out. Yamatai is working harder every day to build new ships and raise a bigger Star Army and together with your assistance and international cooperation I am confident we can win this. But it will take sacrifices and a lot of work."

Eri

The green haired Shosho was just happy to be out and about for the outing with Katsuko and Yaichiro. She let out a small content sigh after she took a deep breath of the fragrant air all around them, a shiver down her spine from the simple enjoyment of the festival. It had been a bit since she had attended the festival personally, she never liked celebrations while Kat had holed herself up as she had followed suit. She had been silent much of the time, eyes ever watching and wandering as she slipped her fingers into Kat's hand and leaned into her a little. She followed along like a little kid beside her sister, though as her attention was focused to Tachiko and Tio, she couldn't help but smirk. "They look cute together huh?" The Shosho commented as she leaned into her sister.

Midori

Just in front of Yaichiro when he joined the queue for Hanako, was a white haired neko with her hair in a braid. White furred Neko ears, dressed in a simple sundress with what looked like tights on underneath it, at her side oddly enough was a black lacquer sheathed sword, the grip just under the guard. Her ears twitched faintly as she felt a presence draw up behind her and she turned and red eyes peaked out from around the side of her face. They studied his face for a moment before they went wide. In a flurry of sudden movement, the Neko turned, scooped her arms under Yaichiro's armpits, and nearly lifted the man from his feet in a powerful hug. "Yaichiro-Sa-sama!" It was a split second thought, one conflicted but she quickly broke off the contact as a blush broke across her face in a furious red.

"I... I apologize for that sir. I do not know what came over me." She almost looked ashamed as she took a step back and broke into a deep bow from the waist. She held the position as best she could for the moment but the need to hug him again as all the memories came back in a rush almost caused her to hug him again. But she held back and waited for him to acknowledge and allow her to stand. Not only had she been his savior in her darkest times, she had tried to be there for her even when she had been mean and short to him.

She had originally come to see Hanako, to see her, to speak with her, but the surprise of Yaichiro here at the same time was pleasant. She hadn't had a chance to yet reconnect with him through the VCE beds and domains, but perhaps something could be done today...

Kazumi Motoyoshi, Shōi Kōhōsei, Intelligence Officer took off the wide-brimmed hat she wore to ward off the bright sunshine. Her dress, a sky blue sundress accompanied by arched sandals complemented her long, glacial-hued hair. Looking up, she spared a moment to gaze at the bright sky, a hand raised to shield her eyes just enough to see. A pale, pink petal from one of the nearby Sakura trees drifted down to land on that shielding hand. Carefully, Kazumi brought it down and looked to the delicate bit of flora. It was almost the same shade as her lips, but still beautiful in its own right. It still amazed her that such a verdant, picturesque world remain untouched by the ravages of the Kuvexian War. It only made her want to defend it and its people all the more.

People passed her by as she stared at the petal a moment longer before letting forth a gentle puff of breath. It was enough to send her tiny companion on its way to dance among the gentle breeze once more. Her wooden sandals clicked upon the paved stone as she glanced about. Children frolicked, their parents smiling and offering encouragement as the little tykes made their play or were learning their lessons while others congregated at various trucks and the like. Some ate, others simply talked while more drank deep red or sparkling amber wines. Kazumi herself enjoyed wine, though she could be rather choosy. Perhaps she would partake, but not right now. No, something else caught her attention.

Not too far from where she walked, a stand was set up selling crepes containing an assortment of different ice creams, sauces, and toppings. She licked her slender lips at the thought of the frozen treat. So much so in fact that she soon found herself there. Her order was placed when it had been her turn in line and after a few moments of preparation, she was the new owner of a chilly dessert. Strawberry slivers and chocolate sauce crisscrossed the vanilla ice cream inside of its airy, slightly crisped crepe lightly dusted with powdered sugar. Biting into it sent a shiver down her spine as the sugar hit her system and the creamy, fruity concoction melted in her mouth with a light crunch from the crepe.

Kazumi enjoyed such things, albeit she tried to refrain from overindulgence. Wearing a contented smile, Kazumi chose to wander a little, look to the groups of people and enjoy her dessert. She knew her family was here, she had caught sight of Tio, and Tachiko both but had refrained from meeting with them to get this little slice of melty heaven first. By the time she reached them, she'd polished it off, and licked the tip of one of her nail-less fingers free of sugar. It had been refreshing, and already she felt a little pep from the sugar rush. Hat back on, Kazumi glided toward her two older siblings, hands clasped before her as she cleared her throat. Just enough to catch their attention.

"Niisan," her voice full of friendly affection as she greeted Tio, then to Tachiko, "Onēsan." though she had to suppress a giggle at the momentary glimpse of Tio wearing such ridiculous sunglasses. At the very least these two were enjoying themselves, although she couldn't help but wonder if she was intruding or not.

Yaichiro had not expected to find Midori here of all places but was more than pleased to be embraced by the old friend once he had time to process it. It took him a time to recover from the embrace, by which she'd broken off and instead bowed deeply. The embarrassment and life she showed was a relief, the man smiling at her at noting how far she'd seemed to have come. "Midori, it's good to see you! You needn't employ the -sama for friends. I reserve rank for those with discipline problems at times like this, so please stand up...besides, hearing you call me 'sir' feels strange. I remember being under you, after all." Indeed, he was enlisted when she was a warrant officer, the man reminded of better times.

"I'm glad to see you so full of life and out at something like this. I've been very worried about you for a long time now." Yaichiro admitted, hoping these were all good signs.

Atteni gave a steep bow, apologizing for her rudeness before she moved away. She opened a small (for her) handheld device and looked up the crew patch for the Tokyo, her eyes scanning for it. Carefully, she approached Tio and his group, not looking to butt in on any more conversations.

She also looked up an image of the taisho she sought, spotted her, and quickly made her way over, her bare feet being surprisingly nimble in the crowd as she opened an image of her granddaughter to display. "Taisho Katsuko?"

Last edited:
Uesureyan Fields

The past few months were taxing on the infantry turned SAINT turned Shoi. Coming from the edge of Kuvexian space, he spent the last few months hopping logistics transports. He had expected to arrive at Nataria or Tatatia to begin his training at the School of Advanced Infantry Combat. Not that really needed the training, but he and apparently someone else agreed that he needed to go through the same training that is expected of all Giretsu soldiers.

But instead of those two locations, he now instead finds himself on Yamatai at one of the best times of the year. He suspected someone else was behind this unexpected 2-week vacation since his orders for the next transport stated as much. So might as well enjoy it.

Hefting his duffle bag onto his right shoulder, adjusting his Type 35 infantry paneled dress uniform, and donning his officer cap; Mikael made his way for Kyoto.

Kyoto

Seeing advertisements for the Hanami Festival, Mikael decided to go straight there instead of registering at the temporary lodging. So while there were other members of the SAoY there, he did stand out more due to the duffle bag. It didn't bother him too much since he wasn't in his typical SAINT mindset at the moment. In fact, it was likely the best thing to do as no one else was guarded.

As he watched the on-goers and the magnificent cherry blossoms, Mikael noticed Hanako's booth. He made his way towards the booth, but he stopped when he noticed the scouts. Not having any idea who they were, he decided to take a detour to arrive behind the booth without Hanako noticing him. It shouldn't be too hard for a SAINT operative after all.

But he needed to not shock the younglings, so he waved and saluted to the appropriate old sprites of the Eucharis he once served with. He seriously doubted any of them remembered him.

"I do not recognize your organization. Who might all of you be?" Mikael said in a semi-serious tone. While they were children, they were obvious children in training for something. Such things should be respected.

Reiko proudly bore a wide grin as she strolled to the parks of Kyoto, smelling the flowers, the nectar and the smell of various foods coming from the food trucks. Salty, sweet, bitter and more. She was dressed in a white top that slanted on her left shoulder revealing her black bra strap, a pair of jeans, and a black choker on her neck.

"This place looks lively." she said to her sister, on had agreed to go on a "not-date" with her. Just the thought of that made her smile even more. Grabbing Datenshi's arm, Reiko asked, "Where do you want to go first? Wine Tasting? BBQ food trucks? Just hang around?" It has obvious to see that Reiko was very excited at the prospect of today.

Tesgi gave a bow to Hanako. "I do not wish to monopolize your time. There seem to be a good number of folks to meet you. Kindly feel free to come to the Embassy when you are free and we can talk, and perhaps share a meal together." He looked around and spotted his mate Teta. "For now I have familial duties to attend to. Good health to you." He turned and made his way through the growing crowd and joined his mate.

---

Jalen Himari arrived at the venue for the festival. She was wearing her crisp Star Army Uniform. She walked along the walkways and took in the ambiance. She arrived at a the point where she would meet two friends. The event seemed to be a success given the number of attendees and the good weather. A familiar voice caught her attention. Himari turned to where the voice came from.

Jalen Emiko waved at Himari. "Hi Himari, I'm so glad that you could come to the festival." When she was close enough she gave Himari a friendly hug. "Have you tried any of the food yet?"

"No, I only got here a few minutes before you. I was lucky to get to come here. My ship the Aeon II will be ready for duty soon." She looked around, "Where is he?" she asked.

Emiko frowned, "Sune will be here. There was a last minute meeting of the Tansaku Captains. But he said he would be here in about 30 minutes. Shall we explore while we wait?"

Misaki

With enough time back on Yamatai, sometimes anything can happen. Little miracles like booking a fashionable yukata rental at the beginning of the season in the center of the galaxy. Yukata had only won out over kimono after a very reasonable internal dialogue with herself that reasoned it would be slightly more tactical to wear the yukata. Well, Misaki, what an enemy, 'they' break through all defenses and ground combat ensues? Exactly. The garment itself was one she picked from a list after some back and forth between more muted colors, and what she wore out to the Hanami Festival which featured the soft, expansive petals of a six-pointed white flower mingling with the force of water and speckles of stars mingling, all with an overall white and violet color that seemed to feed from white at the bottom. Since she had not actually checked what was fashionable, she took their word on it and decided it was worth it given the design matched the occasion in a few ways.

Once she arrived home from the war, there was enough time to finally change the color, style, and length of her hair several times, but it had returned to the last thing she wore when in active duty: sky (Yamatai) blue and clouds, held up into a large bun pinned with an ornament that hid two rather sharp sticks in them. In a purse slung from around one shoulder and resting at her hip were all of her things, it didn't match the occasion, but it was big enough to hold a service pistol and other essentials. The only other thing she thought to bring save credits and a holocam was a sword with a sturdy but presentable saya and she did not wear it on her hip to avoid those questions that always started conversations she felt a data packet or printed pamphlet was needed for.

The chusa had a few reasons she waited in the line, shifting her umbrella from time to time, though it was mostly that she had wanted to surprise her old CO rather than just ping her for drinks or something later once she realized there was a booth set up. When she finally reached Hanako and the crew of the Eucharis, Misaki smiled for the first time since she sprang her little plan and closed her umbrella with a smart snap, "I told them back there the line would be longer if it were a kissing booth. I've missed you all." There was no forgetting the former sprites she had served with either, "I see some more stripes, congratulations." The break in her usual facade was showing all over her face but she had yet to realize it.

Miyako

"Is everyone ready? One-two-staaar!" Click! After making a little star with their hands and fingers pressed together, Miyako hugged back the svelte man in his duty uniform from the side and gave the last of their group to the woman holding the camera, the grinning section chief it turned was another soldier she had met a few years prior after recommissioning from the camps.

"And you promise something will come out?" The camera wielding fan grilled her about the album that was already being edited together.

"I puhrroomise." The other soldier replied, sliding her sunglasses back up over a terribly pleased expression, once they had gone her smile withered a little, such dreadful sunlight to curse her with, and she had completely spaced on getting a decent umbrella! With the hectic schedule she had since returning to Yamatai, there had only been so much time to finalize all the tracks she put together remotely and pull them together, much less how drained she felt from all the performing. A great deal of her performing had been for nothing other than a holo recording suite so they could make videos for release to go with the tracks later. Hanami counted as the pinnacle of a day off, and she even got to see a bunny girl! With ears and everything! In fact, the dark-haired Neko had tried to get closer to see if she had a tail and maybe say hello, but she was headed off when recognized.

With no big hat OR umbrella (woops), Miyako had gone with a popular outfit that day other than her uniform: a white sun dress, meant to keep air flowing and the sun off of most of her. The wide strap of something between a messenger bag and purse went from her left shoulder to her right hip, making it easy for her to both salute, or pay for street fare, which is how she wandered further into the crowds while nibbling takoyaki. The way she walked was sort of a shuffled staccato of her strappy sandals on the ground so she could lean forward in case anything fell that it would fall to the ground and not her clothes but it also looked a bit silly.

The inquisitive Scouts were rerouted from following the exotic Tula children and their magnificent scale model starship when they were collectively addressed by Mikael. The entire group snapped crisply to attention, save for one, and one of the older among them stepped forward. Her neckerchief slide, beret, and epaulettes bore an insignia featuring a pair of crossed arrows, rather than the flowers of the other scouts, such as the bellflower of the other scouts her age. "Kikyō Scouts, Shōi-San!" On closer inspection, to a trained eye, the uniform consisted of several pieces of (mostly) obsolete Star Army gear, much of it in an alternate olive drab and Nataria green color scheme. Their patriotically-colored patches in Star Army Regal Blue and Hinomaru Maroon contrasted brightly against the dull, fieldworthy colors.

Kuroko, having taken the opportunity arising from the distraction to slip away unnoticed, slinked over to where Eidan, her fellow Clan youth, rakishly leaned against a sakura trunk in his own dashing palette-swapped remix of the Star Army uniform, this one in regal Motoyoshi purples and jet black. She giggled, holding her brown synth-leather shoulder-bag in front of her to give her nervous hands something to hold onto to stabilize her giddiness. "Hello." Her voice was somewhat deep and velvety, surprising for her slight height and build. "I'm surprised you came to Yamatai. Nice uniform." She glanced over at how the sunlight glinted off the enameled pins on his epaulettes, an easy excuse to avert her eyes.

Meanwhile, in line to speak with Hanako, Tachiko waved happily as Kazumi approached. "Hoi! Imouto-chan!" She finally released Tio's hand to step forward with a joyful bounce and open her arms for a hug to dispel any hint her new sister's presence was intrusive, though she didn't speak for Tio, of course. Several sakura petals, some pink, many white, peppered her hair, congregating by the lovely comb securing her hair in its meticulously-crafted bun.

Last edited:
Katsuko sighed a little at Eri's response, "Yeah that's it, they look adorable together." She clasped her fingers with Eri's and continued to walk until she heard her name. Katsuko greeted Atteni with a smile, "Hello?" she questioned, "I am Taisho Ketsurui-Motoyoshi Katsuko..." she asked, then noticed the image of the woman's granddaughter on the device she carried. "This is Shosho Motoyoshi Eri, what can we do for you?" she asked kindly. They stopped walking to properly address the Senti woman. Katsuko was not long looking up Atteni on PANTHEON, and she had Aliset's service record on quick recall as well if she needed it. Katsuko didn't shy away from contact, she was full of life again, even as they stood there talking she was absorbing everything around her.

Hiroji walked alone behind Katsuko and Eri, he stopped a short distance away once they stopped to speak with the Senti woman. He gave a nod as his brother and Miho walked past as they trailed Tio and Tachiko. He looked up however as a telepathic instruction came from the Taisho and he diverted his path towards Eidan and Kuroko.

-

Tio grinned wide when he saw Kazumi. When Tachiko and her hugged he joined in on it, and just left his arms around them both afterward as they waited in line to meet Hanako. "I'm glad you came to join us Imouto-chan. Did you find anything interesting on your way?" he asked, mostly interested in whatever the sweet smell was that was still was obvious that his little sister had found a treat for herself on the way to finding them. He motioned to the booth in front of them, "We're hoping to meet Hanako, or well I at least want her autograph. I'm starving though." he said, feeling like his stomach was going to roar in hunger as he could smell the various barbeques and other food being prepared.

-

Eidan remained against the trunk of the tree, his left foot held up off the ground pressed against the trunk with his knee slightly bent. "I told you I would come to find you, didn't I?" he asked Kuroko after she commented on his uniform. He smiled and held his arms out a bit, "You like it? You look very cute today too," he complimented her. The two had exchanged so many messages, perhaps too many which made this meeting a little more awkward than it should have been. The young Motoyoshi, son of Tio and Amaya had spent hours in front of the mirror preparing that uniform for just this second anyway, not that he would ever admit it.

The very observant young man spotted Hiroji almost as soon as he came into range. He merely noted the security officer and the fact his grandmother had noticed him now too.

"Ah, a pleasure to meet you both," Atteni took a knee to address the women from something closer to their level. "Do either of you know where I can find the young pilot? There is a familial matter that needs to be discussed."

Astute observers would note that Atteni's lips and tongue as she talked were no longer the healthy purple-blue of her granddaughter. The mirth, however, was still there. "It is a refreshing nicety to meet the commanding officer of Aliset, madam. We have been worried about her adjustment, besides."

"Kikyō Scouts?" Mikael simply said, looking confused. He could easily look up the information with his connection to the wider network. But he figured it would be much more fun for himself and the scouts by communicating the old fashioned way. "Very well scouts, judging by your uniforms you are paramilitary under the Star Army of Yamatai. I am going to have to get serious." He said with a grin.

He shifted to look more official, though not quite at the position of attention. "What are your creed and mission statement?"

Last edited:
A furious sizzling began behind Hanako and Hanako turned around briefly to watch Mango and Lime load up the grill with the salmon, chicken, smoked pork ribs, and skewers of shrimp and pineapples. The smell was wonderful. Meanwhile Victory had set up a snow-cone machine that was making and shredding ice and began passing out free snow-cones to anyone who wanted one and was at the Eucharis booth. Hanako took one in pina colada flavor.

"What a beautiful day," she grinned, turning around to see who else might want to say hello.

NSN Ensign
Leventé Barná
Yss Tokyo
17th SBS(Dragons)
Kyoto
Yamatai empire

Finally arriving to the festival, the roads unfamiliar, from his new station aboard the YSS Tokyo. Leventé finally sighed with relief, standing tall once again in his model YE 33 naval officers uniform, adjusting the the collar to close properly. Noticing the stalls and smells of various foods, the loud throng of people, it was reminiscent of home, though it seems that at this festival, there weren't enough weapon stalls. Trying several light desserts, enjoying the light airy flavor and soft texture. Continuing onwards through the stalls. It took some time to settle into seeing citizens in the nude mixed with others in bright dresses and traditional Yamataian clothing.

Taking his time looking for a proper gift, one that would be possibly practical, but important. Searching through stall after stall, at finely crafted trinkets and clothing, he was then lured into the direction of hanako's stall, the familiar smell of cooked barbeque chicken, pork and beef was a smell he sorely missed." I don't care the cost I need to know what's at the end of that smell." His words slightly echoed realizing he was only speaking to himself. A light chuckle came from his lips before traili g down seeing the sprites and who he could only assume was the famous Capitan of the YSS Eucharis. Especially in the Nepleslian military she was well known.
Making his way to the booth Leventé waited in line, patiently before finally coming to the front after a time. The brim of his visor cap, only showing the scar on his face before snapping to Salute." Ensign Barná Ma'am, a pilot on exchange l. With the YSS Tokyo. Your reputation preceeds you."

Misaki

Pulling her umbrella closed slowly, Misaki turned her gaze where Hanako looked and decided to offer, "If you, or you and the crew wish to get drinks the first round is mine. I'll be at Kyoto training and teaching until I find another ship. I think I'm going to sample what I've been missing in the galley though." The former XO eyed Hanako's snow cone with an expression that was somewhat easier to read than when they had served together, and made her way over to sample whatever she could get from Mango and Lime, after asking Victory for a cone in those flavors, since they were already on her mind. "Did I miss anything mm...fun?" Kurusu put to them, no point in asking anything grim or ops based, even if they could tell her, no reason to spoil the celebration.

"Oh and I definitely would like a skewer when they come up." She added, something about the day felt summery to her, or it was the nagging processes running through her mind reminding her, far too pragmatic for this occasion, that she might not be anywhere near a festival until the end of the war.

Miyako

"Ohyeaa, it's the Ha-na-koooo. I can totally use this. Proooobably." Miyako chirped when she closed in on the center of the madness, one stick of takoyaki behind her. The people here to see her won't notice me, so I can just pick a tree outta' the way a little bit and be near some of the tastier fol-food. It reasoned to her anyway that since she was hoping to still find some sakura mochi that she'd spot the truck with the Hanami treat somewhere around the grounds, or at the very least she could ask someone about it, while hanging about enjoying the trees. I screwed this one, should've brought myself a blanket too. I wonder if I can snaaaag a spot or just get one? Might be a bit wasteful.

One close call that involved, "Is tha-", Which could have been anyone recognizing a friend later, the Sakura II's most recent XO found a tree only a third thronged with tipsy travelers and held her hands together to see if she could capture a blossom without actually moving her hands or using any of her innate tracking ability to do it. Obviously it only counted if she could WILL them into her cupped palms by concentrating. じーっ

Sacre wandered through the festival, unsure of what to do now that she had done what she had come to the festival to do. A part of her just wanted to go home, away from the crowds and play with Ophion or whittle. However, it wasn't what Gravity would do. Gravity would find a way to get into trouble and have an adventure. She missed her girlfriend, but serving on two different ships was a pain.

There were other Separa'Shan in the crowd, Sacre watched as one playfully grossed out their young Neko companions by wolfing down a whole steak raw. There was a group of them sitting on a large flat rock, sunning themselves and talking as a whole group of what looked like snakes, but were actually Separa'Shan children, played and tussled in the lush green grass.

However, Sacre stood apart from them, there had been a lot of Separa'Shan she got along with, but she didn't know how to feel about large groups of her own species anymore. She hadn't returned to Essia after she left it for the first time what seemed such a long time ago. She knew why, they all or almost all of them believed in Nagashun. That the trickster god off all of Essia's pantheons ultimately cared for them. Sacre didn't believe that anymore, not after what she had experienced. So she turned and started sliding away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back