• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC YSS Ryūjō: Into the Unknown

Neither do I. There's not really a right way to do it, as long as it's in genre. So, throwing nanomachines at the problem would be okay, but mare's dung probably wouldn't work. The nuclear option here is the hemosynthesis tanks, I think, for which a stopped heart is the least of the problems they can solve.

That is what I was going to do. Found the triage page. It says if they have a recent backup to let them die lol, and if not hemosynth tank.

Errowyn's a few minutes ahead of Fyodor right now, and Tomiko is a minute or two behind. We can always bend those a little, but aside from Tomiko's work in the medbay, Fyodor might consider leaving the upper level of the simulation bay to the infantry at some point, and Errowyn could try contacting NPCs remotely, since otherwise there's not much else for her to do but leave the shuttle bay before Fyodor has a chance to arrive.

I meant 'leaving it to the infantry', as in leaving the task of clearing it to them rather than physically leaving it. He's been on the lower level so far. I was suggesting he didn't have to handle the problem personally. (After all, I set this up expecting Sebastian would be able to help him with it.)

He could continue on to the other shuttle bay, like he was doing before he went to the simulation bay. Just for one example.

There's still plenty of investigation left to do, although if no one likes what they have to work with right now, we can fast-forward to when the boarders have been dealt with, the lockdown is over, and the ship's crew can move about freely. The next mission will be underway, by then.

Asking more questions gets you more answers, though!

I'm good either way, so I'd say do what you want. If we do stick to going through the current situation, I could use a nudge in the right direction. Teddy bear is stuck. :)

The prisoner is in an environment suit, and you don't know what language they speak... If any! So, the only way to gather information is by observing them. The best source of information right now is probably intelligence analysis; examining the information that's already available.

There's been hundreds of interactions and observations of the boarders already, starting with how they got on the ship and ending with the circumstances under which they did or didn't suddenly blow up. There might be something to learn from those explosions, too.

Their actions might leave clues to their motivations, and the physical consequences of interactions with them might tell you something about their nature.

Okay, I've been poking my nose into places they should and probably shouldn't be, I'm settling towards joining this plot. A combat technician/engineer.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back