• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC YSS Sakishima Discussion

Acturis, I might be wrong, but I don't think you can use the Beam Saber like that with a Daisy. It doesn't have an aether generator like the Mindy. The gun's entry says there's an optional battery pack for it, though.

Anzu really wants one of those fancy wrist-swords the Mindys have on her Daisy. There was talk of an upgrade for that, or a variation with an actual blade, but neither idea got approved as far as I know.

Welcome, Welcome! Happy to see you. I am the one playing grumpy soldier lady and I am sure there will be ton of fun to be had.

It is not the tentacles you have to worry about...... the dangers is closer to the home. *peers at Yoshi and Dakura (and Daisuke when he shows up)*

Yeah.

Something I... both fear and kinda hope will happen, is Alva being assigned to share a cabin with D^2... The nigh obsessive-compulsive grease-kitten whom hates chaos, disorder, messes, and drunks, sharing a bunk with that alcoholic mess of a SAINT operative and her chibis...

if there is... i have been shown it...

guess we'd need a whole wiki page devoted to it.

that and Yoshi's previous bedfellows.

Question directed to Goto and the crew: How military are we getting with these closed space tactics? I have several questions but I am not sure how realistic we are making this. A perfect question is our formation for the hallway that Goto briefly mentioned saying they'd have a front and rear guard. Are you looking for alternating stacks or something more like a rolling T?

Alternating stacks are where you have a stack on either side of the hallway (based on the number of people. So in the case of 5 people you'd have two on either side of the hall with a controlling element in the rear) who move simultaneously. The stacks focus primarily on the opposite side of the hallways because they have better fields of vision. Stacks have the benefit of multiple people who can cover multiple levels (second man in the stack covers second story areas, third man gets third story and higher, ect).

Or the Rolling-T which has three men out in front with a rear guard who walks together. In the case of 5 we would have a second man behind the three controlling the element. The men on the wings cover the opposite sides of the hall because they have better fields of vision while the man in the middle covers the primary avenue of approach.

Both of these elements half before a junction (hallway intersections) so a buddy team can hug the corner (one kneeling, one standing) to cover the rest of the element as it moves while maintaining cover.

Again, no idea how realistic we are going with this so I decided to ask before posting.

about as realistic as any other scifi show.... not very, most of the stuff you have up there means very little or nothing to most of the players on this site, unless they are military (active or ret.) or just mil otaku.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back