• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC YSS Sakishima Discussion

Look, for me personally-- I won't have Goto insult anyone who wants to slice the pie around corners and cross Ts to check alternate angles before cautiously hugging the wall on their way into the intersection. High-speed low-drag hand signals are also accepted. I like to see someone holding up a fist to the people behind them. I also really love spinning a finger in the air or describing the enemies weapons with an extended arm or a clenched fist and pointing hand. On the other hand, I know that not every player knows or cares about modern squad-tactics.

Therefore, if I'm playing a character who's in charge or a squad, that character will see other characters doing stuff that isn't 'tactically right' as being just fine. So long as your character doesn't do anything obscenely stupid, of course. Cover may be for the weak, but if you're up against a weapon that can one-hit shut you and your fancy armor down-- well, I'd definitely say you've been weakened by the circumstances.

So yeah, as a player have fun and don't worry about in-character chiding unless you've decided to have your character do something truly chide-worthy. Also, remember that Gunsight can (though he might be too nice) just reward caution and let reckless people get hurt or vice-versa.

What I had in mind when I wrote the post was for the orders and tactics to be vague enough that we could all spread our wings as players and enjoy combat (ugh combat) instead of getting together and spending twenty minutes with a floorplan and a diagram. Y'know, like real tacticians do.

Basically keeping things vegue and fun. Not all of us know the finer, let alone basics of squad based combat. I know i do not. Warship tactics, i got a good grasp of, but infantry stuff im iffy at best, so i would rather not get into the exact details. I think of it this way, all our characters are highly trained and skilled soldiers and KNOW what they are dooing,even if the players dont know the proper details.
So we just play it to have fun and give the benefit of the doubt that were doing things right.

Now Lam did bring up a good point though. If someone does something incredibly unwise, there may well be reprocussions ;)

Aso note, was planning to have a gm post up for you guys tonight, but I ended up not getting home till near on midnight, so you all have a reprieve till either lunch or after work :p

A bit of housekeeping,

Sean_ODuibher (Song Weizhi) has not been on the forums since the begining of May, so I am moving him to the inactive list.

ALSO! Kayla, added your character to the manifest. For some reason I thought I had done that already but hadnt... :P But it's done now!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Did I misread the crashing of the YSS Nagara? I thought the hull was ripped open and the soldiers inside were spaced. If that is the case, we shouldn't need to rip open the hull as it already was torn open prior to arrival, right?

The front was torn open and some were sucked out. But now the front is smashed into the bulkhead, sealing the hole against the wall. So the hole is sealed now. Still plenty of troops trapped inside, hslf a batallion was in there.

Last posting availability will be Friday night. I'll say something when I have a proper connection available again, whether it's while I'm away, or when I get back home over a week later.

We are not trying to rip off plating, we are trying to peel off damamaged plate, which between our armours strenght and Lorath strength that Misha posses could be possible. I will leave it to Gunny.

I understand that, its just that there is such a difference in what powerarmors can inflict vs what starships can take according to the damage rating system. I think one point of very light damage equates to a tactical nuke for a starship.

Which is why I had Yuu say what she did.

Like I said, I will let Gunny be the judge. As much as I understand what you mean, I do understand that what Goto and Misha are doing is way too cooler.

Talked with Gunny. Having a non-spoilers inkling of where he's going with this-- I'm gonna say we probably shouldn't use explosives on that shuttle. I've apparently got NPCs on it who I like.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back