• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 2] Lost and Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concentrated fire from several targets was wearing down the Misshu's armor. Finally the thrust of an Aether saber through the head caused the creature to convulse violently, then slump. Meanwhile its companion was backing away from the hatch attempting to flee the scene.

Asi thrust the body of the Mishhu away from him, turning his forearm weapon back off. He took his rifle in both hands again, and aimed for the fleeing Mishhu, firing a shot or two at it from behind, before switching to beam mode. That couldn't have been an overly powerful opponent, and the fact that their shots had just bounced off implied that they would need more power then that to kill these things.

A quick check of the fallen Mishhu showed that is was only one of the basic Crabs. It did not have any weaponry beyond the claws that it had used to gouge and scrape into Asi's armor.

The other Mishhu having seen its companion slain, seemed to go berserk and instead of retreating it charged forward, closing on Haruhi. It slammed into the armor clad Neko, attempting to bat the weapons from her hands. "Die Yamatai scum, crawl before your future masters." it shrieked in a high pitched voice.

Hoshi fired everything he had at the oncoming Crab-Misshu, trying to knock it away at the very least. "Asine, get back!" He warned.

Asi slid himself to the side and back, firing his rifle in beam mode as he went. "If all else fails, we'll have to get in close, use the concentrated weapons at point blank. It worked with the other one at least."

Kyoka wasn't confident in her shooting abilities when there was a friendly in the line of sight and just stuck to keeping an eye out for any more Mishuu.

Closing on Haruhi, the Mishhu swept at her legs with one massive claw, and slashed at her head with the other. The impact of the claw on the Mindy armor made a painful clang inside the helmet.

The Crab Mishhu picked up Haruhi power armor and all and threw her bodily towards Hoshi. After flinging the Juni it turned to face Kyoka and charged towards her.

Damn it, why aren't the others fighting back? Asine slung his rifle, turning on both of his forearm projectors. He'd already found one way to take them down, and if the others weren't going to help, well, he'd do it the hard way. Setting one projector to shield mode, and the other to it's blade mode, he shoulder charged the misshu, letting the arm with the shield lead the way in an attempt to knock it off it's course, maybe even pin it up against the wall.

Hoshi barely managed to keep his balance as he stopped Haruhi's 'fall'. Moving her out of the way, Hoshi charged his Aether Beam Saber and went to go fight.

Seeing Asine attempt to slam into the Misshu, Hoshi moved to finish it off. When it got pushed, he would stab the Misshu with the glowing tip of the Beam Saber Rifle's blade.

Given that her superior was out of the way finally, Kyoka finally found the nerve to shoot, firing a second beam at the Mishu she had tried to prevent escaping in the first place. Of course, that's when her teammate decided to jump in and bash the creature, so she immediately stopped the beam - but thankfully, he was fast enough to get out of her beam's path (and just in time, too).

Caught off guard by the crab-Mishhu's berserker assault, Haruhi picked herself up after her rather unplanned trip across the passageway and sighted in on her attack to return some of the punishment. The sight that greeted her wasn't exactly one that impressed her; some of the enlisted had decided to forgo the advantage ranged weapons gave them and instead put themselves within range of the Mishhu's limited claws.

“Are you idiots so eager to die?” she roared at their backs, then fired a countermeasure mini-missile square at the Mishhu's sorry excuse for a face in an effort to attempt to blind it, if only for a moment.

The Mishhu sensing the approaching missile lowered its head. The missile impacted on its hard shell knocking the creature backwards for a moment. It then shook off the effects and looked at the soldiers menacing it. It spun quickly with its claws extended attempting to force them back. "Death comes to the Empire. End your suffering. Surrender." it said.

"For the love of- Just die already!" Kyoka hissed, firing a volley of five missiles from her shoulder at the small thing. For something that wasn't wearing any armor, it sure was too tough, in the Neko's eyes.

"Sorry, Haruhi-Juni! I was worried that I'd hit you!" She quickly apologized to her superior, still on her guard if the creature wasn't fried.

"Juni, with the others not firing, I wasn't sure if my rifle alone would take it down fast enough." Hearing the launch of more missiles, he stepped back, putting his shield between him and the creature so the blast wouldn't harm him. "I went with the only option I had seen work so far, so we would have a chance to decide on tactics for the rest of this mission."

Between the missiles and other attacks upon the second crab, its armor failed and the weapons finally found purchase. The creature collapsed in a smoking, vile looking mass of entrails, and other sorts of Mishhu bits.

“Well,” Haruhi remarked as she watched the Mishhu's armour cave under the assault and die in a rather messy fashion, “now you know two ways. And for the record, this one is better than willingly running into the short melee range of the only weapons these things have; if you're that desperate to hug a Mishhu I'll have the Aeon make you up a dakimakura when we get back.”

With a final sharp shake of her head to clear away a niggling ring that lingered in her ears Haruhi moved toward the end of the hall at a brisk walking pace. “If it's only one enemy we use our numerical advantage and flank it and hit it in its weak points; I'm yet to find a creature that won't die if you pour enough aether into it, Mishhu or not.” The Neko sidled up to the doorway the two crab-types had come out of and scanned the area on the other side of it for enemies and other objects of note.

“Yukimura, break out that modded scanner and see if you can't get a reading on our packages, we need to get moving quickly now that we've started shootin' the place up.

"Hai!" Hoshi called, flipping out his scanner.

Contacts appeared on the screen, and he relayed the information to Haruhi.

The Scanner took a moment to triangulate the location of the Teleportation pads.

The pads are currently 10 meters forward and 25 meters starboard of the Away Team's current position.

Scan shows only a single location, so they must all be in the same room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back