• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō [YSS Kaiyō] Ichi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Whistler Bridge

Yoshida carefully analyzed the briddge for a moment, and its many floating, soon to be fresh corpses. "I think the bridge is ours Taii! Filled with the dead and dying already, no space suited humans here that I can see." Yoshida transmitted back to the ship, still switching between scanning around her for incoming suprises, and watching the bridge for any dangorous hostiles. Throughout this she mostly hovered still relitive to the ship, with the occasioal reposition every three seconds or so.

YSS Kaiyo
Bridge

Misaki look to the Taii, "Would we have collateral if we aimed and fired through the debris? Since we have the array, even if we hold fire we can use it while firing in a cone to destroy any mines in front of us." She blinked, then gave a smile. She looked almost at the ship, "Either way, we'd have to deal with whatever they drop, whether mines or otherwise."

"Yeah," the first true word she's said in some time, "I won't be able to track them in the debris if they stop burning, and then...."
She left the sentence unfinished.

Carter looked around the bridge, now vacant of life except for the away team. He spared himself a moment of silence for the former crew, pirates though they were. He then spoke up. "Bridge is clear. Preparing to move into the ship and dispatch any remaining crew or power armor users."

He then looked at Meissa, activating his laser comms. "Think you have enough explosives to rig this one to blow, as well?"

"There's always more explosives," Meissa replies. She takes out the remainder of her first block, half a block pinched and squeezed with bits of it taken off. A second block is on her utility belt.
"Only question: How big of an explosion?"

Power Armour Bay

Navian somehow managed to convey the full emotion of an arched eyebrow entirely through body language, with her helmet still on. The wings made it easier. She wondered if it was more common for Nekos to present prisoners who were still armed and in fighting shape. Avoiding comment, she simply said, "Yes, Jôtô Heisho."

While the medic was working, she confirmed that it was too late to rejoin the battle, and returned to the armour racks to leave her Mindy behind before following the others to the medical bay. Having left her AIES behind, even knowing the enemy was already defeated, she was still anxious to hear from her team.

Above The Whistler

After pulling away, Mitsuko had circled around to observe the results...sighting to herself as the window was blown open for the others to rush through. While the crew had definitely had no chance to survive their rapid exposure to the vacuum of space, the addition of the grenade hadn't done them any favors either. The boarding party found things a bit messy, with some light damage from the explosive apparent. Mitsuko's face was pale inside of her helmet as the crew's corpses floated out of the opening. Some in more than one piece.

Aoi, Peio and Madoka followed the Heisho around and back down to the cargo ship, landing on top of its hull, near the new opening. They stood guard while the others entered, including the Medic. "Umm...I don't think I'm needed here..." Airi couldn't do much for the former crew of the pirate ship, so she just stood out of the way on the damaged Bridge. Murakami looked inside, noticing Meissa already gleefully planting explosive charges. "Dynamis-Hei, Lilta-Hei, see if any of the controls are still working. If you could...fire those missiles with the doors closed...or set the reactor to blow? Then we'll destroy the Bridge, to prevent any interference." She made sure to share that part with Meissa via laser, just in case.

"We'll stand guard out here. Yoshida-Hei, watch the door." She pointed to the entrance into the ship that Carter had been eyeing, before returning her attention to any possible threats outside of the ship.

YSS Kaiyo, Bridge

Asuka continued to examine the wreckage of the Whistler, and cross-reference it with her research. After a moment, a thought crossed her mind, and as usual, she shared it with the rest of the bridge crew. "Hmm... Should we let the NAM people know that we found their missing ship? It looks like it's still carrying some of the original cargo, judging from the containers inside."

The Whistler, Interior

The away team had little to work with to demolish the ship's remains. The missile launchers that had been installed in the porter blisters were single-shot contrivances, while there were a few spare missiles laying around, enough to cause some serious damage, they were in no state be fired. If hauled a few hundred meters to the right locations, they could be used to assist in a controlled demolition that would tear the ship in half, mostly thanks to the damage it had already sustained under fire from the Kaiyo.

As a civilian ship, the main reactor could, at worst, be used to irradiate some of the interior, with effort. The engines might have a self-destruct sequence, but it was a little late to use them. One was already destroyed, and the other needed extensive repairs before it could blow itself up, ironically. It seemed the best solution for the Whistler's continued existence, short of a shot from the Kaiyo's main weapon array, was to use explosives and more explosives.

Explosives and more explosives seems to be what Meissa's specialty is as she flies around and sets a few charges. No "countdown clock" this time.

Last edited:
Santo Hei Yoshida did indeed watch that door, she watched it like a cat waiting for that toy to twitch again for an excuse to pounce and ruin somone's day. Of course in this case she would be 'pouncing' with a volley of armor peircing LASR rounds more than anything else. As she waites she also listened in on the conversations of her comrades, wondering just how much Meissa could hear of the conversation. "Meissa where are you go- is there something I missed?" She turned to the others with actually functional comms for this question too- she was no demolitions expert.

After receiving the order from Mitsuko to find a way to blow up the ship, Carter quickly examined the bridge controls, cross referencing his own knowledge with the ship's schematics. "The missiles were a one-shot. There are still some left but we're better off just rigging them to blow individually than manually loading them and firing into the ship. The reactor doesn't have the juice to blow up the ship if we sabotaged it, and..." He flew over to another, relatively undamaged control screen. "The engines are actually too damaged to self destruct, funnily enough. I guess we'll just have to-" He looked back to see Meissa already en route to the remaining missiles. "Yeah, that. I'll go help Meissa plant the bombs where we need them."

Carter sped past a confused Yoshida and over to Meissa. He looked at her, activating laser comms. "I know where we need to plant the bombs. I'm going to help you get them there, and watch your back while you set them up."

As he spoke, he sent another transmission to her AIES, showing an overlay of the vessel's schematics with various points, mostly following the vessel down the middle, with a few right next to weak points caused by the damage sustained during the skirmish with the Kaiyo, marked in red to indicate where they'd need charges.

Last edited:
Meissa nodded. "Already was hauling. Can you fix my comms if you can? I just need to pop out fuel cells and charges."

"Am I still watching the doors?" She asked as she observed yet another non talkative squad member rushed past her. She shrugged a bit and retrained her rifle on the door. "I guess I'll stay here then." Already she was amusing herself with the thoughts of what the debreifing was going to sound like when they got back.

While Meissa was busily setting charges on the bridge, Carter turned his attention to diagnosing the problem with her comms array. He quickly identified the slightly fried transceiver, damaged by the first pirate Caravan's PD cannons during their initial approach. He quickly searched for the fabrication data of this particular part using his AIES, and sent the requisite data to his dorsal Fabrication Module, which immediately set to work creating a replacement. While he waited for the spare part, he addressed his confused squadmate. "Yoshida, we still don't know if the ship is completely clean of pirates. For now, don't let the rest of the squad get ambushed in the bridge, but be ready to reinforce Meissa and I if we encounter any Hostiles. Or... Dociles, rather."

With that taken care of and Meissa's transceiver replacement ready, Carter tapped the Elysian Infantrywoman on the shoulder, swapping to laser comms once again. "Turn around and stand still. I've got a replacement part ready."

Last edited:
'What Carter did' was detatch the scorched transceiver from Meissa's armor, and pull out an identically shaped part made out of a glossy black material from his mettalic backpack, which he slotted back into it's place. Meissa's broken comms went dead silent before the new piece clicked into place and activated. Carter's voice faded in as her suit re-adjusted it's comms. "Check check, can you hear me? That's only a temporary replacement. You'll need to trade it out for the real deal when we get back to the ship. Understood?"

"Yeah, I can hear you again. Can anyone else confirm audio?"
Meissa continues placing charges near people. How dangerous.

Last edited:
"I hear you!" Yoshida spoke up as she heard Meissa's mumblings over the comms, constantly shifting her weight back and forth as she watched the door to the bridge, both bored and anxious at the same time at the same time. Her tail swished about behind her as she looked on the others in the bridge. "Should we be doing anything? smash the controls maybe? Or could we try something like opening all the airlocks?"

"Opening airlocks wouldn't do very well for the explosives. Smashing controls wouldn't do anything, either. If you can, just see if there's anything that's remotely explosive. Maybe a medical bay. There's plenty of things that go boom in there."
Meissa plants a small amount of explosive near Yoshida.
"We're gonna have to rely purely on warheads, fuel, and improvised explosives. Need help securing areas."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back