• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 14.3] Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramiro, already in his field uniform, arrived in the Engineering. After glancing around for Takeyu, he tried calling out. "Shoi, Valencia-Juni reporting for repair detail."

Takeyu had returned to his quarters and changed out, putting his dress uniform away and putting on his working uniform. When he was done, he headed to Engineering where he found Ramiro.

"Thanks for coming Juni," commented a calm Takeyu as he walked in. "We have a few minor things that need to be repaired, including some coupling in the lower decks and also sea water that still needs to be pumped. I want to double check a few other systems, including the anti-gravity system that we used in landing. I'm wanting to replace one of the fusion generators just to be on the safe side, but also giving the reactor a good thorough inspection, there are plenty of other things that need repairing as well, so we'll have our hands full."

He muzzed what to do, there were many things they could work on right now and he pondered which was most important. "Ok, we have enough time so we can get all of those done and then some, the more hands we have though the better so thank you for coming to assist. I want you to help with the repairs to the lower decks, check on the ships main gun and inspect all of the components inside for rust and damage from the sea water, replace anything that is burned out. However, if you have any suggestions on stuff that you feel needs to be repaired or should be looked at, don't hesitate to speak up," he smiled and then walked over to the ships main reactor and started to inspect it for damage from the crash.

Bridge

Hanako put up her coat and hat and sat down in the center chair of the bridge, bringing up more of the Miharu records...

From a brief overview - extensive thanks to her sensor package augmented with the Mishhu OS that allowed her to pick up information much faster from the consoles - it looked like most of the tactical information on display dated a few years, back when Melisson and Eve's partnership had been stronger. The more recent information seemed to be constructed over intercepted transmissions, newscasts, prisoner interrogations and NMX reconnaissance.

Melisson did not appear to only study Yamatai, Nepleslia, Elysia and the UOC as opponents, but also the Neo Mishhuvurthyar. There was too much research done on the matter to take Melisson's potential use of the Second Draconian Fleet against the NMX as a falsehood if what was on display was accurate and not just for show.

That said, Melisson's great proficiency as a strategist and attention to pertinent tactical details turned the store NMX information into a probable treasure trove of in-dept tactical information, one that could prove just as pivotal against the NMX as Black Spiral obtaining intelligence for Melisson had been back in YE 29.

Military assets, resources, supply routes, IFF codes, detailed ship plans going as far as weapon and shield modulation frequencies, planned ship refits... it was all there.

Some digging around revealed Melisson's plan with the UOC prime minister to accept her nation's surrender and turn the UOC into a protectorate so that Melisson could gain the credibility of conquering the UOC and keeping the paws of other NMX warlords off her 'prize', which she would allow to self-govern themselves as long as their military assets were kept in reserve and that she received a 10% tithe in raw resources to maintain her vessels. The only concession Melisson had wanted was Motoyoshi Tio's life. Ayana had agreed to 'sell out' her nation to save it from destruction, only to face rebellion from the Black Cloaks. Melisson was aware of Ayana's location and rescuing her had been on her lists of things to do after dealing with the Second Draconian Fleet.

She located the coordinates for several 'True Nekovalkyrja Empire' colonies 'south' of the UOC, hidden amidst the masses of nebulaes around there.

There was information on Varin colony worlds north in the stars above the Pirate's Cove nebula. They were apparently present to study two other species: the Iromakuanhe Astral Commonwealth and another species called the Xudathi.

Some notes also indicated that Melisson had traded Varin computer technology to Amaya in the past, since the technology in question performed very well even in conditions of high quantum flux. That likely identified the veined crystalline circuit boards Ichigo and Tom had brought back from the Gate as Varin in origin.

Lastly, files that jumped to Yukari's attention contained detailed activity listings of several important individuals that would put SAINT spies to shame. These involved important personages such as Robert Davis, the Vanderhuge admirals (one of them apparently had one of Melisson's bug-selves, whom he was treating as a pet), several Nepleslian senators, Tange-Katsura Ayana, the Lorath Senator Aegis, Lorath Queen Destiny, Lorath High Priest Tomoe, Eve, Amaya, Samurai Kôsuka, Nyton Claymere, Nimura, Ketsurui Hanako (there were apparently two Hanakos, one whom Melisson had captured and marooned on a planet whose coordinates set it hundred of light years south of Yamatai) and Ketsurui Yui. Basically, people Melisson had come into contact with at the Interspecies Relation Conference and even beyond since many names Yukari didn't even recognize...

Melisson likely had all of them seeded. There were files on Nobumoto Shinichiro and Motoyoshi Tio, but both had apparently thwarted her by changing bodies.

Knowledge was power, and Melisson had a lot of it. Too much, even, and the Mother of the Mishhuvurthyar had barely even tapped into it with her broad power base.
Now that knowledge was Hanako's, too, and it was quite disturbing. Hanako called Yui's ship and asked that the Taisho personally come to the Eucharis to look it over. The Taisho agreed.

Hanako got on the intercom. "Attention crew, this is Shosho Hanako. Taisho Yui will be coming aboard soon. Continue your current assignments. Every member of this crew should be doing something. If you are not, see Sune for a job. Medics and intel: I want to see more progress from you immediately. Come up to the bridge if you have questions. Hanako out."

Once Eucharis was spaceborne again, the first matter would be to retrieve her previous self...she couldn't wait to get moving again.

Hakujou pondered over the letter of discipline and shrugged as she composed a reply;

To:Shosho Ketsurui Hanako

Subject: Acceptance of dereliction of activities.

Shosho, I willingly accept my punishment for leaving the commendation ceremony, I should have asked you before hand and I apologize for acting unbecoming of a member of this glorious nation and military. I will also not challenge your decision.

However I will mention that the mishandling of the medical lab was due to the rough landing, and not out of misuse on my part. I will also attempt my best to help in missions but I feel a doctor should not bear weapons and risk herself being a target. It takes time to regenerate in a Synth tank after all. Anyway I'm rambling now so I shall close this response.

Dr. Hakushi

After sending her own letter, Hakujou turned to her upside down Lab and began to clean it up.

Ramiro bowed to Takeyu and immediately held to the large compartments that encompassed the main weapon array. Upon arrival he pulled up the specs of the array on his personal comm so he knew which things were important and which were not. His first step was to find all of the damage, fixing it could come second so long as they get all the parts before takeoff.

Immediately upon inspection Ramiro noticed that there were some exposed wires, which he ascertained to be the main wires that power the weapon. He began taking notes on his comm as he noticed damage. He also noticed that some of heat shielding was beginning to show signs of rust. After about fifteen minutes Ramiro discovered what would probably be the largest problem. Shaking his head, he sent a message down to Takeyu.

Code:
TO: Nayacesen-Shoi

Shoi,

I've discovered standing water in the pulse generator for the main cannon. Since this is the main part of the array and would be the most dangerous to have installed incorrectly, I would prefer if yourself ore one of the KFY techs repaired this component. I also found some rusting on the heat shielding and some exposed wires that I've assessed are the main power wires that lead to the aether generator. Since the entire system is modular, however, these two components should be simple enough for me to repair myself.

Valencia-Juni

Once the message was sent off Ramiro immediately went to go scavenge for replacement parts.

Engineering

Takeyu walked around the reactor a few times, inspecting it using a few tools of the trade but also with Charisma's help, when he got Ramiro's message, he frowned a bit.

Stopping just behind the reactor, he folded his arms over his chest and began to tap his foot for a moment while he thought.

Code:
To: Valencia-Juni

Good finds, I'll be down there in a few to replace the pulse generator then.

Still thinking, he sent a quary message to Charisma and found that they had a spare pulse generator in the cargohold. He then checked the inventory and brought two of the spanner drones online to begin repairs on some of the sihps more minor damage that didn't need to be attended by them - though he would undoubtably check the drones handywork regardless out of paranoia, or was it just concern for the safety of Hanako and the rest of his fellow crewmembers?

Glancing on through the least of areas that needed looking into, he frowned a bit. He drew up a checklist, noting areas of the ship that needed to be looked into by himself and those he assigned.

He needed more people, Cherry was busy, and Ramiro was in the main gun, he looked through the ship's manifest to see if anyone could lend a hand.

Code:
To: Nathaniel-hei

Nitô Hei,

Are you able to assist with repairs to the ship?

While he waited for a response, he glanced off to his side toward the fusion generators and stared for a moment before glancing up toward the direction of the ships Power Systems room. He knew if he got no response from Nathaniel, then he'd send off a message to the Shosa. The sprites were onboard, he could very well use them, but they had their own jobs to do and he didn't want to pull them away just yet - not to mention that his tech sprite, Cherry, was already occupied.

YSS Eucharis - Corridor

"I think we should head to the bridge to begin our work, the data access and display systems there would greatly improve our speed in our task." Helen spoke to Reika, as they walked along. Helen of course led the way, bringing Reika along to the bridge.

Bridge

Upon arriving on the bridge, Helen looked about, and spotted Hanako. With a gesture, Helen indicated to Reika to go ahead and get started on research, as she floated to the Captain's chair and landed with a bow to the Shosho. "Shosho, excuse me, I have a preliminary work-up of the overall findings from the Miharu, but the specific details and data entries will take time to be integrated into the report."

Bridge

"That is fine," Hanako nodded, "I have been researching too and have found a lot of scary things but also some very useful intelligence, including NMX supply routes! Take a look at these," Hanako said, pulling up some examples. "Using these we can probably determine where the NMX base of operations is! We also have estimates of their total forces. Plus we have new alien races and a supposed breakaway Nekovalkyrja empire to add to the maps. There is also supposedly my previous self marooned on a planet far to the South. We also found the UOC had been in direct bargains with the Mishhuvurthyar."

The Shosho pulled up the list of 'seeded' individuals. "We also need to contact all these people just in case Melisson is still able to spy on them."

Bridge

"I am familiar with the proper channels to contact to advise those within the Matriarchy." Helen spoke, as she looked at the listing of names. "Others on the list should be just as easy to contact, if not more so... well... perhaps not the Nepleslians, but they'll eventually be able to be contacted." she said, sounding rather sure of the matter, before moving onto the next topic, which involved fleet movements.

"About those fleet movements, my initial findings produced much of the same results. My estimates would put a sizable NMX force between the Samurai Sector and the area of 'The Grand Passage'." Helen spoke, as she brought up a volumetric star chart, bringing up Hanako's data and her own side-by-side, there was roughly a match. "The region falls within the area which we've had a history of operations, I do not see any reason as to why the Eucharis would be unable to venture back into the area." It was a distinctive acknowledgement from Helen, sort of an encouraging nudge to the Shosho, which seemed ever eager to throw her ship to the front lines.

"As for the UOC, it does not seem like those issues matter much now, since their government collapsed. I think that we could focus upon the NMX fleet, and perhaps leave investigation of the breakaway Nekovalkryja and the local aliens to other investigative resources. Though... it does also seem you have some personal loose ends to tie, Shosho, it is not every day you have another you to deal with." Helen spoke, as she mulled over just what the findings meant for her, and the ship, undoubtedly it was going to lead to another stay in dock by the time they were finished.

Eucharis Bridge

Reika took a seat at the console Helen Klein indicated and then began the long process of sifting through the log files of the Miharu's crew members. Even if she was a member of SAINT, the young field operative was still fairly fresh from her training and her security clearance was only just above non-existent. It came as no surprise that Helen felt the need to go over the more sensitive materials herself, leaving Reika with mostly just the mission reports and daily entries made by Miharu's enlisted soldiers.

After the press of a few keys, several holographic windows manifested above the console -- most of which contained logs made by the Miharu's enlisted crew early during their first mission. Apart from the logs, one window was empty and would become the file Reika would eventually submit to Helen and the Shôshô.

'Let's get started then', Reika thought to herself as she began to read. Without ceasing her analysis of the logs for a moment, her hands danced across the keyboard as she made notes and began to lay the foundations of her report.

After a few dozen minutes of searching around the ship, Ramiro managed to find some spare power cables that were the proper length and were of a compatible attachment method as the damaged ones. After glancing them over, he was pleased to see that they looked brand new. "Better brand new than hastily fixed." After dropping those cables down near the main weapon array, he returned to the cargo bay and began searching for a replacement heat shielding part. Unable to find one, he exited the ship and approached one of the KFY personnel.

"Hello there! I need to speak with someone regarding getting replacement parts for the heat shielding on the main weapon array. The shielding currently installed is rusting over and with the amount of strain I put on that weapon, I highly doubt that it will hold us through a battle."

"It can't rust, it's not iron!" the technician responded. "If there is corrosion, your problem is the covers burnt off or blew off. The power conduit from the capacitors to the main weapon array are shielded by a special non conductive polymer with a Faraday lattice. The newer models have Zesuaium armor shields. There should be a complete set of the new ones in truck number 8. The main gun always takes damage in big battles because it makes up so much of the ship so we always carry spares for them when working on a Plumeria. I will have some brought aboard."

Bridge

Shosho Hanako nodded to Helen. "Any suggestions for speedily locating a person on a planet?" she asked. "If this earlier Hanako exists, she may have tried to hide herself to prevent capture by the Mishhuvurthyar. There is also the possibility the planet is NMX-occupied; although this data indicates otherwise, it may be outdated. "I think we should try to monitor and ambush their supply lines, shipyards, and manufacturing centers to keep them from quickly recovering from the Battle of Yamatai. We need to devise a way to make our rescue quickly so we can get on with fighting the Mishhuvurthyar."

Hakujou's charming face popped up on a volumetric screen. "Hello Shosho, its me Dr. Hakushi. I couldn't help but overhear you talking about trying to use the scanners to pinpoint a single person, nominally a copy of yourself." She said with a face splitting grin, this time with normal looking teeth, she felt her shark grin would upset the young lady. "I could help calibrate them to check for particular phenotypes, like the makeup for your unique bodies." She said cheerily. "Oh, and after I looked over the medical bay, I'm happy to report that the damages were largely superficial, and I've cleaned the place up nicely."

Cargohold

Takeyu rubbed the back of his neck as he walked into the cargohold and up to the crate that held the pulse generator he was going to use. He pulled the backing off and checked inside, finding the pulse generator neatly packed in and pulled it out.

Removing the packing, he inspected the generator for damage and found that it appeared to be in perfect condition. "No damage, everything looks to be in order," he muttered and continued his inspection until he was satisfied that the generator was, in fact, just fine.

He picked up the generator and hauled it toward the front of the ship, when he got the main array, he set the generator just outside - out of the way so no one would walk into it or trip over it. Inside, he began to disconnect the old pulse generator, but not before making certain that no power was being sent to it.

"Alright," came Ramiro's response. "Just drop them in the cargo bay and I'll be around to pick them up once I replace some wiring." Ramiro returned to the weapon array and retrieved the power cable that he had set down there earlier. Picking them up, he returned to the site of the damaged ones, giving a slight bow to Takeyu as he passed.

When he reached the damaged power cables he sent a message to Charisma, asking her to disconnect power from the cable in front of him. After waiting a few moments, Ramiro set to work disconnecting the damaged wiring.

Bridge

"That is good," Hanako told Haku. "Blueberry can handle the technical aspect of the scanners if you let her know what to look for."

Engineering

Cherry arrived in engineering wearing an EPJ and carrying a cleaning kit. After looking around at all the seaweed and mud around the room, she started mopping from the forward end of the room. The air was thick with the smell of seawater and a pine-scented cleaner.

She could hear someone working up in the main gun area. "A fine time for the Taisho to visit," Cherry joked, shouting her words into the upper maintenance tunnels so her fellow tech might hear.

Bridge

When asked about finding a person on a planet quickly, Helen felt as if she had been asked about finding a needle in a haystack. However, in this case, it was a little easier. "Shosho, I would recommend we devise a way to boost the signal strength of basic Nekovalkryja communication capabilities. If we could deliver a message to your alternate self, and receive a response, we could easily pick her up. Other alternatives, if she is unable to communicate would likely involve methods such as a bioelectric field scan, or a high resolution visual scan using drones configured for facial and color recognition... I'm sure that your eye color and hair color would stand out in most terrain." Helen spoke, pitching her best ideas on the subject.

"As for dealing with the NMX." Helen looked thoughtful, as she mulled over the possibilities. "I would recommend a basic hit-and-run raid. Six to twelve ships with firepower and agility comparable to our own could rapidly enter a target star system, engage targets at maximum distance with precision volleys intended to bombard a single one square kilometer target, before egress and moving onto the next target. This method optimizes our capability to neutralize single high-value targets by ensuring that shield defenses and structural defenses of a single target would be breached without a dedicated long-term engagement. This would involve knowing exactly where to hit in advance however, since there would be insufficient time to analyze targets prior to being engaged by the enemy. For such a task, I would recommend we attempt to capture up-to-date information from a NMX freighter or escort, to plan out our assault based upon their own shipping schedules and routes."

After speaking on her insights, Helen stepped back a topic, and decided to confront an issue which bothered her slightly. "Since we have confirmed the existence of another Hanako, in the event of you becoming KIA, Shosho, would it be legally viable to resurrect you, or should we attempt to retrieve your older duplicate to integrate your current ST data into?"

"There should be only one of me, but we do not know if the other has survived," Hanako explained. "The communication is the best way if we can get in range of her. We might try capturing an NMX freighter from one of the spacelanes indicated in the Melisson data. "

Hanako got on the intercom and said: "Nitô Hei Kygra, please report to the bridge."

Main Cannon Array

Takeyu gave a nod of the head toward Ramiro when he saw his fellow crewmen. He moved his hand behind the generator and gripped the cable, he felt around for the connector and carefully twisted the safety cap that kept the cable attached to the generator. When the cap gave a light 'click', he knew it was no longer in the locked position and yanked it out.

He repeated this process with two other cables, carefully twisting then removing them from the generator. When that was done, he moved the safety plates that kept the generator in place and then removed the generator itself.

Takeyu set it down on the floor and looked it over. "Wow," Takeyu frowned as he found what Ramiro had been talking about. He placed his finger along the crack. "Glad you found this," he worriedly picked up the generator and took it out of the main array, then grabbed the undamaged one and started to put it in the place where the damaged one had just been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back